logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Hey everyone, I made a list of all of the things I think may be my ADD. Does it sound like they are? * writes partial or combined letters * switches order of letters * super amounts of energy=intensity * inattention to anything other than what I'm focusing on * high distractibility at other times. * cannot pick up after myself * cannot pay attention to TV for more than 20 min. without having something else to do. * do not notice exhaustion * Intense bursts of energy * blanking out and zoning out * inability to find words * having a thought and losing it * maintaining 5 thoughts simultaneously, inability to form one coherent one. * inability to turn mind off to sleep * can't walk straight, end up walking into people/inanimate objects * forget EVERYTHING * scattered mind * completely klutzy, no sense for where I am or where I'm putting things. Pay no attention * always called a "space cadet" * "your blond roots are showing" * "You're the most [censored] annoying person I've ever known" * Slow, not functioning mind switches to overactive, hyped up=acting like a clown * lots of daydreaming. * read a page 3 times before I internalize it * forget character's names in movies.I can watch an entire movie and at the end realize I have no idea what the character's names are. * Ridiculously over achieving--fantastic was never "good enough" * can't calm down without coffee * completely spazzing out. * check out of reality at other times. Brain completely shuts off. * Cannot sit still. Must be moving, even when I am sleeping. * Think most of the night, even if I am asleep.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
That sounds intense. ADD/ADHD is characterized by inattention, impulsivity, and hyperactivity. Some of what you describe sounds like it could be these things. I am not a health care professional, so I truly cannot offer a diagnosis. My best suggestion is to find a health care professional in your area who is knowledgeable about Attention Deficit Disorder. Work with that person.

Thanks for stopping by the forum and posting. I love to hear from readers. Let us know if there is anything that we can be a sounding board for.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.