Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I just read a poll that revealed 75 percent of people say that they are not married to their "soul mate." Here are other stunning stats related to that poll:

*73 percent of people say they did not marry their soul mate.
*46 percent say they would leave their current partners in order to be with their soul mate.
*17 percent say that they met their soul mate too late (after marrying someone else).

Those statistics depressed me greatly. And it made me wonder how people define the term "soul mate."

How do you define a "soul mate?" Are you married to yours?

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
This is REALLY interesting!

My husband and I were just talking about this and HIS words...even w/everything we've been through,

"I'd marry you again, 10 x's over - I'd do it all again."

That was he and I.

In another entirely different situation actually having to do with a family member I have concerns for. His words again:

"You'd be surprised how much more likely it is than not to marry someone that isn't your Soul-Mate. We're lucky."

Sometimes it's hard to see the "luck" part, but in terms of definition of what exactly a "Soul-Mate" is?

I feel it's a person and/or person (s) whom each puts the other first so the relationship itself is never lacking and someone here or on the Other Side, whom knew you like the back of their hand, with the elasticity in their Soul enough to WANT to be with you - THICK or THIN wink

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I'm in agreement with Elleise. Your soul mate has to want to be with you through thick and thin and be willing to do the work to stay together. That person enjoys spending time with you even if you aren't doing anything particularly noteworthy. They know you inside and out, and respect you and accept you no matter what. There is nothing you can't talk about. Your soul mate touches your soul like no other, as well as in body and mind.

I was once married to my soul mate. He chose a different path after many years and walked away, but to my mind we meshed and knew each other like nobody will ever know us again. I never expected to have to live my life without him. My next relationship was not a marriage yet I was deeply in love. Even though he was an exceptional person, he was not my soul mate because there were things we didn't know and understand about each other. We could not connect on a soul level, and I sure did try. I just could not reach him in that way.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I had a similar experience with an older relationship.

In the middle of picking out a wedding chapel, he vetted for $ and actually flipped autos???? Whatever that is - but in the end, initially he DID make a ton a money and living the high-life.

After? He balded and lost everything, including his close "Encounter-Circle" of new friends.

But each relationship is a learning lesson. The ones that last are those that choose too.

Know what I mean? smile

Last edited by Elleise - Clairvoyance; 03/03/14 09:18 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
P
P
I have been married for almost 30 years. 5 years ago I would of said, yes, I married my soul mate, hands down, no doubt. Today I have to say no, I did not marry my soul mate. It is kind of like the song "You don't bring me flowers anymore". I guess people change. (?)

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Oh, Peggy. People do change, don't they? Change is the only constant in this world, to be sure.

Every relationship goes through phases and changes but I truly believe that while some of us have soul mates only for a period of time in our lives, others are soul mates for life and beyond.

Which is yours? Can your relationship undergo yet more change to restore or improve your lives together?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.