Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#857499 02/19/14 11:22 PM
A
AnonL88 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I need help for a friend. Her ex-husband has a long history of being in trouble with the law, mostly for domestic violence related issues, but has always found a way around being convicted - be it getting her to recant or stop cooperating with the state (while they were still married and she was in the cycle pattern of abuse) or him just finding a way around actually being convicted - he is very manipulating. Most recently he was placed on probation for 5 years, 1 year supervised, for punching my friend in the face. One of the conditions of his probation was that he not have contact with her unless it is to facilitate visitation of their 5 year old child (She has full custody and he has weekend visitations that he never shows up for) and he is to call her on her home phone to do so. This is a court ordered term of his probation. He has violated this numerous times and my friend has contacted the domestic violence unit of our county and his probation officer and sent the proof of his violation to his probation officer via picture of the harassing texts she has received and phone calls received on her cell phone from his cell phone. She has attempted to obtain a restraining order and it was denied. His probation officer will not violate him. My question is, what can she do? Who does she contact to get some kind of results from this? Is there anything we can do? We (Her family and friends) have tried to help her anyway we can and every avenue we turn down ends in a dead end. I am at the point where I feel like the only way anyone will do anything about this is when he seriously injures or kills her. We've gone to the police and they say to go to the probation officer, and she won't do anything. At this point, any suggestions would be much appreciated. I just don't know what to tell her anymore when she calls me in tears because he won't leave her alone or she is scared. Please, someone help! Location in Maryland.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
she needs a lawyer or a domestic violence advocate. You can find an advocate most easily through the YWCA. If there is not a YWCA, you can contact a women's shelter nearest you for advice as well. They may take her and her son in as well to keep her safe.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.