Print Thread
#639126 10/29/10 01:14 AM
B
berryk Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
B
Hi All; does whole grain rice have as much carbs as white rice? are some fruits bad for diabetes? should exercise mainly focus on heart circulation? are beans and lentils good or bad for diabetes? if u help i will be greatful Regards

Last edited by berryk; 10/29/10 01:15 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
berryk #641817 11/11/10 12:45 PM
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
There are no standard answers about diabetes. It's different for each individual. There are not always clear yes-and-no's about foods. Read all the labels, take lots of Glucose Readings after meals (so you know how your diabetes copes with each food), and talk to professionals.

Some answers:

1) Baked beans, lentils, brown and converted rice (not instant) have low glycemic indexes and shouldn't spike your blood glucose; so they're all good. Know your intake however.

2) Most recommend vegetables over fruit just because all fruits include frutose (glucose) while most vegetables are very low. Fruit juices are really discouraged. You could consume a complete meal's worth of carbs and still be very hungry.

3) Diabetes are encouraged to be physically active, but to be very careful about strenuous exercises or activity. Keep your meter handy and know how your body responds to each.

In addition to each person's diabetes being different I am learning that your own diabetes changes from year to year. I have begun to call this a trial-and-error disease.

HAPPY MAINTAINING!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
berryk #721484 10/25/11 07:19 AM
E
Amoeba
Amoeba
E
There are some diabetes fruits to avoid since they are partially harmful for your health. Fruits like mango, banana, ripened papaya, pineapple and sweet grapes are not helping to beat diabetes. Since these fruits do not contain pectin needed for stimulating good digestion, they are not helping to clean your digestive track by removing the waste products. So, all such fruits are very bad for diabetics.

berryk #856126 02/11/14 03:40 AM
K
K
Hi everybody, my name’s Kylie, I’m 48 years old, and unfortunately I recently discovered to suffer from diabetes. Now I’m trying to found more information about the daily life of people who suffer from this disease, and I think this forum could be really interesting and useful for people like us... :-P I often travel for job, ‘cause I work for a public relations agency ;), so I have to fly to meet our customer: about this I heard that could be a problem for diabetics. But having diabetes shouldn’t stop me from traveling, both for job and for leisure! I read that taking a few precautions can help to have a safer and more relaxed trip... so I heard about people that use regularly particularly socks dedicated to diabetics people, and I found these products on an online shop, [url=http://www.relaxsanshop.com/33--socks-for-diabetics-and-people-with-sensible-feet]Diabetic socks[/url] Relaxsanshop. Have anyone of you ever tried diabetics socks or this kind of products? I would like to have some feedback and opinions before buy it! Thank you!

Last edited by kylie960; 02/11/14 03:48 AM.

Moderated by  C. Kimura 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.