Next Thread
Print Thread
#855515 02/07/14 08:42 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I haven't sat down and read in a LONG time. Maybe this weekend I'll make some time for it. What are you guys reading? Anything good?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hello there,

I love the classics (I am afraid!) and have just been re-reading some Dickens.

Now I have just started Under Western Eyes by Joseph Conrad (another oldie) and I find a new fascination with things Russian.
I remember reading a book called Catherine the Great - can't remember the author, and really enjoyed that introduction to 'fictionalised' history.

Sometimes I wish it were different, but am not that into modern authors - no doubt to my loss, but am not captured in quite the same way as old writing as it were.

I remember a lecturer of ours, way back then, mocking D H Lawrence and the use of his commas - "Aren't you tired of his writing when yet another flower opens?'

Love reading ... have around 3 books on the go all the time and always a book in my bag to entertain me if I am kept waiting anywhere.

Cheers now

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I too love to read always have my Kindle or a regular book handy. I have to make sure to structure my reading time or I don't get anything done. I read a lot of fiction but also have quite a collection of non-fiction. Haven't read through it all yet. I keep acquiring more. :) Thanks for dropping by. Have a good one. Jana Taylor

N
N
I haven't read in a long time too. Reading is one of my favorite past time. I used to read so much that at one time I was even reading when walking. The last time I read a book was when I read a book from my childhood and that was between 2010 and 2014. Before that the last book I read was before moving in Autumn of 2009. I had a lot of books unread that I was about to start before the fire. Now I am about to start my book collection again.

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.