Good movie.
I am going to start with the obvious which is Michael Fassbender, I find that man hot when fully clothed so of course I was happy to see him naked (i find that man so hot that my disgust of body hair does not apply to him) I will stop here with that subject because that is not the point of the movie (i normally dont even bring these things up in reviews but i could not help myself since again its Michael Fassbender) and anyway if I continue I may get banned (lol blush). That movie is powerful and that is because of Fassy's performance (the rest of the actors are not that good...most of them even sucks i think) and the directing of Steve McQueen (his direction is so good that it shadows the acting EXCEPT for Fassy...i rarely give an higher critic of the director than i do the actors). I hate the ending (i ALWAYS hate these types of ending) and the script could of been better but that's all the negative except for also the actors and actresses that were not good are the only negatives I found in that movie.
The story and special effects are average. The acting, script, sets, costumes and music are good. The cinematography and editing are great. The directing is excellent.