Next Thread
Print Thread
#853080 01/27/14 11:49 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

January 27, 1756: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart born in Salzburg, Austria.

Child prodigy, and musical genius recognized as one of the best classical composers of all time, his repertoire spans opera to symphonies.

Excellent billiard player, spoke 15 languages, kissed an Austrian Empress and four of his seven Christian names mean 'Beloved of God' in different languages.

Fun Facts About Mozart

Last edited by Francine - German Culture; 01/27/14 02:31 PM.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
My Mate Mozart ... how I enjoy his music so (along with trillions of others!) Thank you for this delightful article.

Imagine having to fill out an application for the bank where they ask you for your full names - they would have to redesign the forms just for Mozart. But why was he 'christined' with so many middle names? I wonder what Mr and Mrs Mozart were thinking? Maybe they knew their newborn was indeed to be a gift from God?

Now Francine, you have to send me some imaginary Mozart Balls immediately. They sound scrumptious. I would like to order a dozen of the diet version please. I wonder if I could make some myself? Hmm - green pistachio marzipan, covered in a layer of nougat and coated with dark chocolate. Just got to be delish.

Cheers now,

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

OK Lestie will post a recipe in the next days........Mozartkugal and Mozart Cake - almost as delish as 'the real thing', but not much of a diet version more a 'just looking at them puts on weight' type of disaster. smile

Yes fancy calling a tiny innocent baby all those names. Well lots of names in certain families is a German speaking thing really, but a few of those particular names are rather grim to put it mildly, even for then.

Good luck with the computer computer

Last edited by Francine - German Culture; 01/28/14 03:23 AM.

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Oh dear Francine - how you made me chuckle with that icon for my computer. This one is going as it is borrowed when my last one died. And yes I certainly felt like using a 10-ton mallet then.

Okay, permision granted for the recipes ... I shall just wear a blindfold when baking and making. That way I will not put on any weight by looking. See.

Cheers now

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Francine, I really enjoyed this article. I certainly didn't know all of these things about Mozart. I think the clarinet concerto is one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written. Along with quite a lot of the rest of Mozart's music, of course!

The Mozartkugel sounds to die for. Considering the shape I'm still in after Christmas - must avert eyes in passing passing full-length reflective surfaces - it's a good thing there isn't a local source!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

He was an interesting character wasn't he Mona, certainly packed a lot into that short life......and there are some facts I deliberately left out because he could also be a something of a bizarre genius at times. blush

Had to laugh at this as it just about sums me up after Christmas most years:
Quote:
Considering the shape I'm still in after Christmas - must avert eyes in passing passing full-length reflective surfaces - it's a good thing there isn't a local source

Luckily not this year so will not only post a recipe for a Mozartkugel 'copy cat', will also bake then eat......Yum!

Happy you enjoyed the article. smile

Moderated by  Francine - German Culture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.