Print Thread
#853230 01/28/14 01:06 AM
L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
Hello Ian,

This was really interesting article and packed full of information ... I have read it several times and each time pick up something new to think about. Thanks very much.

Cheers now

Last edited by Lestie4containergardens; 01/28/14 01:06 AM.

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Magickal knives are an interesting study in themselves smile

What did you think of the non steel/iron blades for harvesting magickal plants?

Last edited by Ninjahedgewych; 01/28/14 05:32 AM.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
Hello Ian,

You say in your article that a Boline knife is used for preparing herbs and then later on "Their point of view (certain practitioners) is that the iron and steel affect the bio- electrical field of any plants gathered with the blade, and can wound the entities with which they work by interacting negatively with their magnetic fields." And for this reason knives made of other materials are preferred.

Phew. I really do not have any knowledge of magnetic-fields of plants and have not really seen poor results from the use of steel garden implements like secateurs or scissors or for that matter a small kitchen knife.

The poor results I have seen in the garden is generally from wrong pruning, bad cutting, blunt tools and ignorance.

If you have anything more to tell on this subject, please do, I would be most interested.

Cheers now

Lestie Mulholland

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
For ordinary garden management steel and iron tools are fine. But, when you harvest herbs for magick, then you need the vital force of the plant - it's Chi or Ki - which the Russians call Bioplasmic Energy. This type of energy seems very close to magnetism, but behaves more like a liquid or gel. Systems or approaches that use this worldview will frequently go and talk to the plant and request its help through the harvesting of some of its leaves or other parts. Usually the plant is given a short period to prepare itself before the items are harvested, and usually the magickal practitioner leaves a gift of fertiliser, rare metal, or a semi-precioius stone. The idea of using the non-ferrous blade is to disturb the plants etheric body as little as possible. The concept of etheric energy is better explained in the article on Radionics, and the one on one on self healing.
Pagan groups that work with the energies of the land claim that that they do a lot of their work with Fairies and other etheric entities. In folklore these beings are negatively affected by iron so they use bronze or worked flint knives out of respect.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
Hello Ian,

I am really quite unread when it comes to this subject - so will follow your links and see what I learn plus more.. Thank you for this introduction.

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
My pleasure Lestie smile

I also had a check through my back articles and thought that this one on casting an effective sphere, and more about psychic energy development might also be useful.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.