Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#802005 01/22/13 09:10 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi there to one and all...

Lurkers United - sounds like a football team, only I know there are many more on this team for sure.

Are you a lurker? And by that I mean are you an active online reader who reads but may be too shy to post an answer or pass an opinion or make a comment or say your say? I used to be, so I do understand but I say...

DON'T BE please! Your voice is really important wherever you go but especially to me here on this site and lurking only just gets in the way of our easy communication.

I would love to hear about your container garden stories, wishes, even dreams. Use a nom-de-plume so no-one but you knows it is you; use a nom-du-guerre if you prefer when speaking about dealing with pests and all; but please use a 'nom' and post in our forum; I would and do thrive on your feedback.

You have an open invitation anytime to answer or to start your own threads and it is really easy to do so.

Are you registered? That's an easy action too with Bellonline. If you do register, then you will be informed whenever there is a new and interesting article on the site AND you will be able to make requests and post replies and all.

No Spam. No sharing of your email address. Instant deregistration if that is what you want. That's a promise.

Have you seen the fabulous content on the whole of Bellaonline?

Lurk no more - sign up for all sorts of advantages, you will be pleased.

Oh and by the way, if you have a question about your containers, just ask and the container garden fairies will get to work on solving it for you!

P S Why do you choose to lurk - no time maybe; just remember Time is Life!

Cheers now...

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Lurking, lurking!

About 7 years ago, I bought a garden in a bowl at a local grocery. It was just a couple of dollars, since the flowers were past their prime. I planted the crocus, hyacinths, tulips, and mini-daffodils by the backyard pond. Over the years, various bulbs have made an appearance. This year, there is an amazing daffodil display...all for a couple of dollars.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I am a lurker in many forums--shame on me. As a BOL editor, you'd think I'd understand how posts are appreciated!

A while ago, you helped me immensely with the great idea of lining the inside of my plastic pots with soaked cardboard to help retain the moisture. It really worked. I now try to stay away from those plastic pots but you can't beat the lightweightedness and the cost as compared to heavier clay or ceramic pots.

I will post some questions in new threads!

Last edited by Lori-Dreams; 04/09/13 07:12 AM.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hello to LURKERS UNITED! Can you believe it - that so much time has passed between your post Lori and my answer ... I would like to say that I can't believe it but hey - the proof is in the pudding as they say. Thinking back, it was about then that I started falling about and getting sick, (all is well now) but I don't remember even reading this Lori. Anyway, am so pleased and thought I would just say hi again. Cheers Lestie Container Gardening

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Lestie, it is wonderful to hear your voice again. Welcome back! I'm glad that all is well.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Thanks Connie, have a lot to catch up on, not the least of which are my articles and forum etc. Am gaining momentum and soon will be sailing along again. Missed you all I can tell you! Cheers Lestie Container Gardening Editor

Z
Z
Hi Lestie, I signed up and have a question. What's the best way to grow barley greens indoors? Just sprouting them is not effective. Zoe

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hello Zoe - smart lady! You signed up hooray! Growing barley greens is a little time-consuming but very easy; and I say another thanks to you for the idea for a near future article in Container Gardening (just because).

I have opened a new thread on this subject so others will be able to comment etc. and the subject won't get lost in Lurkers United!

Cheers now...

Last edited by Lestie4containergardens; 01/21/14 09:54 AM.

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
Z
Z
What's the thread? I didn't see it on the menu. Zoe

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hello there Zoe,

I suppose it's easy to say a thread is a subject on its own - like this one here is called LURKERS UNITED and generally and at any time anyone who is a registered member of BOL (and registration to any one of the sites is very easy) can post a message. Generally what they say will be pertinent to the subject i.e. in this case lurking.

But, if someone wanted to know about growing microgreens for instance, they will not look under lurkers united but would go to the thread/forum subject opened up for that subject/topic.

The thread then follows, each thought or opinion or bit of advice etc. etc. and so on is then a thread of information... hope that makes sense to you, sometimes words get in the way! Go well today, cheers

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.