Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
So glad you enjoy it Kate, both North & South :-)

SADHANA GINDE, Indian Food Editor

BellaOnline Training Manager, BellaOnline Forum Admin, BellaOnine FB Admin :-)

Indian Food Website

Dont forget to sign up for the Indian Food Newsletter!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
C
I saw this thread a while ago, but wanted to really think about what my favorite Indian dish might be before posting. Alas, I cannot choose one!

I was first introduced to Indian food about 15 years ago when I went to an Indian buffet in Denver with some colleagues. I ate so much it hurt! I love food with flavor and nothing compares to the flavors in Indian food.

Since that time I have tried Indian restaurants across the country...anytime I go anywhere I look for vineyards and Indian restaurants (weird, I know). I was doing some consulting work in Indiana a few years ago and one of the people I was working with happened to be Indian. I asked him if he could recommend a good Indian restaurant and he invited me to his home! His wife cooked a HUGE meal of several different dishes. I got to ask them a ton of questions about various spices and a lot about India. They even gave me some different spices to take home. It was a wonderful day!

I stopped consulting a short time after that and was working at a company that consulted with a large Indian company. I became friends with one of their consultants who came over to the US for training and he went with me to several book stores to hunt down a cookbook that had authentic Indian recipes. I use it all the time.

I have even befriended the owners and staff at my favorite Indian restaurant here in Colorado Springs. They have given my 6-year-old daughter and me tours of their kitchen, let us make naan in their big clay ovens and shared one of their recipes with me, which I have promised not to share. smile Even my daughter loves the food and she is unbelievably picky!

I've decided I can't pick one favorite. I love chutneys and pickles, curries and Naan. Everything has so much flavor, but the flavors are so different. I just love it all. I guess I'm obsessed!

I would have to say Samosas, Butter Chicken, Naan, Mango Lassi - that's my standard order at my local Indian restaurant. My husband always orders new dishes or the specials so I get to sample those too! I LOVE INDIAN FOOD!!!

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I love shrimp with spices from Julie Sahni's classic cookbook. I have found that I can also substitute chicken breast. For a vegetarian dish, I sub in Quorn cutlets. This dish is known at our house as Yellow Chicken or Yellow Shrimp, since it is colored with turmeric. EVERYBODY loves this, even our kids who usually don't like Indian food.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Those bread pakoras look delish, but they look like a sometime treat, since they are fried!

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
We haven't had Indian food in quite a while due to the pandemic. We used to cook it a lot at home but fell out of the habit. Maybe it's time to start that up again! I adore palak paneer.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Sadhana ~ Indian Food 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.