Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#850687 01/11/14 11:49 AM
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
This year the daughters site challenges you to make the ultimate challenge. Develop healthy and happy habits. I will make a goal to walk more daily, I will eat healthy snacks throughout the day. And, I will drink more water, I will substitute unhealthy snack or food items for a healthy one. I am challenging you and your daughter, family to this challenge. I will post my daily steps made for the day and how many glasses of water consumed and what healthy snack I ate for the day. Make your post at the end of the day after you have wined down. I challenge you and your daughter to do the same. I will also post the swap snack.

Items needed:

Pedometer – can be purchased from the dollar store or any place that sells sporting goods. Don’t spend too much money on this item you are merely tracking your steps. Different apps can be downloaded for those of you with electronic devices.

Glass or cup – an average glass will due, you are keeping track of how many glasses of water you drink. If you get a water bottle you have to keep track of how many times you filled it.

Healthy snacks – apples, carrots, broccoli, lettuce, oranges, pears, bananas, crackers, whole grain cereal out of the box no milk, skim milk, cottage cheese, nuts, berries etc….

Flavor – your own personal style, the way you move your body, the mood that get’s you pumped, and the music that sets your pace.

Invite as many of your friends to the challenge and see the impact you make on others. Watch how happy you will become with yourself and your progress. This is something you will control and of course it requires a partner whether it is your live in support, family, or friends. Tune in to the site daily to check activity. Good luck and thanks for taking the first step to a healthy and happy life. Don't forget to check out our health and fitness section sites for more tips. Take a look at pictures of different ways to stay active, eat healthy and have fun:

Last edited by Tuculia; 01/11/14 05:42 PM.

Tuculia Washington,Daughter Editor
Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I didn't get much walking in nor did I drink much water.

I took 2463 steps = 1.12 miles walked
I had 2 glasses of water
1 healthy snack = apple
1 swap (chereos instead of chips)

I feel great, how did you do?

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I took 1467 steps
I had 2 glasses of water
2 healthy snack = carrots + berries
1/2 banana split = I'm not sure about this one

Remember this is not a race, the goal is to walk daily, drink water and eat a healthy snack - it's also to swap an unhealthy snack for a healthy one. I accomplished everything - so can you tell me what was the 1/2 banana split considered?

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Did you know that girls feel better about themselves when they are happy! Exercising causes the body to produce endorphins, chemicals that can help her feel better about herself, in other words happy. To be a little more precise, the best way to increase your daughter’s self-esteem is to actively and effectively engage in something active. Both good for her and consistent with her goals. Help her feel good about herself. Encourage movement and healthy eating, from the whole family. Spice it up a bit with music, games, and laughter. Have fun!

I took 3,262 steps today
I had 3 glasses of water
2 healthy snacks = berries + nuts

She should be feeling really good about herself - so how about your numbers. Again, keep in mind that this is not a race. It is a form of self-improvement. An activity to encourage the whole family to develop healthy and happy habits. If you shed a few pounds along the way consider that a bonus. Remember to stop by the health and fitness sites to get more great ideas on health and fitness. See you tomorrow!

Last edited by Tuculia; 01/13/14 08:45 PM.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
So who's up for the healthy habit challenge?

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Remember that looking and feeling good come largely from good health, self-care, and self-esteem for girls. That's ultimately what the healthy habits challenge is all about.

I took 1201 steps today
I drank 3 glasses of water
I had 2 healthy snacks = whole grain cereal + grape, cheese, strawberry kabob
1 swap = candy for apples dipped

How did you, your daughter or family do today? And who's up for a challenge? Come on I challenge you!

Last edited by Tuculia; 01/14/14 07:36 PM.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Encoraging girls to take the healthy habits clallenge is not only good for her but - the whole family can also benefit.

I took 2605 today
1 healthy snack = whole grain cereal dry
5 minutes of dancing while cleaning

How did you do today, dancing, walking, or eating healthy are all forms of demonstrating healthy habits. Don't forget to stop by and log your families demonstrations of healthy habits. Parent 's you have to fix healthier meals. And you and your family can do the rest. Have fun!

Last edited by Tuculia; 01/15/14 05:58 PM.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
As you begin your day remember that this is not a race, merely a task to encourage your daughter as well as the rest of family to practice healthy habits. Keep in mind that this is a joint effort task to help with follow-thru. Healthy habits encourage a healthier and happier life for everyone. So come on check out the list from above and take the healthy habits challenge - I dare you!

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
So who's up for a challenge?

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
So how did you do today? Did you create your new habits.

I took 4800 steps today
I one healthy snack = kabob w/grapes,cheese,straberries(my daughter made them)

My daughter got her teacher involved I love it. So how did your family do and who did you inspire. So, who's up for a challenge?

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Don't forget to log your progress in this topic area. Would love to see how you and your are doing with the healthy habits challenge.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Remember this challenge is to help you focus on exercise, nutrition, and personal balance so that you and your family can be healthier and happier. Always inform your doctor on all changes you make regarding your health.

I was unable to walk much because of medical reasons so my daughter said that she would walk enough for the both of us.

My daughter walked 6000 steps (she rounded off)
I drank 2 glasses of water
I ate 1 healthy snack fruit salad

This was a joint effort between my daughter and myself. This is a joint effort challenge, and all participants should be supporting each other. Invite your friends, family and neighbors to join in. The more people around you that are working on the challenge, the more successful you will be to complete the challenge.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
So who's up for a challenge.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
So did you fill your plate halfway with vestables. Did have a piece of fruit today, or did you include a healthy snack. Make sure you get a proper amount of sleep. All are healthy habits. Good luck for the rest of the day and don't forget to log in your progress. Have you invited anyone along the way?

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
So did you fill your plate halfway with vestables. Did have a piece of fruit today, or did you include a healthy snack. Make sure you get a proper amount of sleep. All are healthy habits. Good luck for the rest of the day and don't forget to log in your progress. Have you invited anyone along the way?

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Moving around daily is a healthy habit. Eating healthier is also healthy habit. What types of habits have you made today.

I took 500 steps today (I'm on bed rest due to nerve damage)
I had 3 glasses of water
I ate healthy snack = apples dipped in yogurt
I got eight hours of sleep the night before = I feel good

Healthy habits can be done in different ways, as long as you are healthier and happier it's good for you. So how did you make out today? Remember to drop by our health and fitness sites to get additional tips. Good luck!

P.S. Always inform your doctor of any changes you make to your daily habits as it relates to health.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
How did you do today? Did you inspire someone, did you keep it moving, or did you prepare a healthy meal together? All are part of the healthy habits challenge - so keep up the good work.

I took 1,306 steps today
I ate 4 healthy snacks = carrots, apples, grapes, and cheerios w/o milk

I am loving the idea of taking part in a world wide task. The healthy habits challenge. Enjoy and let me know how you are doing?

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I am feeling really good so far because I'm participating consistently. My family are doing pretty good with their efforts as well. The bigger picture is that we are doing together and that we are being supportive of each other. Of course my kids are comparing the amount of steps their taking each day. The other important tool is that I've changed our eating habits. I mean I've always cooked healthy but this time I'm monitoring the amount of sweets that we eat, and the snack foods as well. But I didn't realize the amount of fast food was coming into the house. Since my family and I started this challenge, I can see that the bickering has cut down. I can also see that we make more time for each other just so we can see how we practiced healthy habits that day. We don't get to sit down together every night but it's more than what it had been. I'm hoping to see more involvement from you as the weather gets warmer. In the meantime thanks for taking the first step to the healthy habits challenge by coming to the site to get updates and encouragement.

Yesterday I took 2300 steps
I drank 4 cups of water
I swapped a candy bar for yougert ice-cream topped with fruit

Drop by and log your progress I would love to here how your daughter is inspiring others in her efforts. From the Daughters site thank you partisipating in the healthy habits challenge.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T

Last edited by Tuculia; 01/22/14 07:50 AM.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
This year the daughters site challenges you to make the ultimate challenge. Develop healthy and happy habits. I will make a goal to walk more daily, I will eat healthy snacks throughout the day. And, I will drink more water, I will substitute unhealthy snack or food items for a healthy one. I am challenging you and your daughter, family to this challenge. I will post my daily steps made for the day and how many glasses of water consumed and what healthy snack I ate for the day. Make your post at the end of the day after you have wined down. I challenge you and your daughter to do the same. I will also post the swap snack.

Items needed:

Pedometer – can be purchased from the dollar store or any place that sells sporting goods. Don’t spend too much money on this item you are merely tracking your steps. Different apps can be downloaded for those of you with electronic devices.

Glass or cup – an average glass will due, you are keeping track of how many glasses of water you drink. If you get a water bottle you have to keep track of how many times you filled it.

Healthy snacks – apples, carrots, broccoli, lettuce, oranges, pears, bananas, crackers, whole grain cereal out of the box no milk, skim milk, cottage cheese, nuts, berries etc….

Flavor
– your own personal style, the way you move your body, the mood that get’s you pumped, and the music that sets your pace.

Invite as many of your friends to the challenge and see the impact you make on others. Watch how happy you will become with yourself and your progress. This is something you will control and of course it requires a partner whether it is your live in support, family, or friends. Tune in to the site daily to check activity. Good luck and thanks for taking the first step to a healthy and happy life. Don't forget to check out our health and fitness section sites for more tips. Take a look at pictures of different ways to stay active, eat healthy and have fun:

Last edited by Tuculia; 01/22/14 08:40 AM.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Did you know that brushing your teeth, getting plenty of rest and keeping up with your hygiene daily are all forms of healthy habits? So, I say again who's up for the Daughters Site Healthy Habits Challenge?

Last edited by Tuculia; 01/22/14 08:50 AM.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Are you interested in participating in a world wide challenge?

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I took 4269 steps today
I had carrots and dip
I sat aside one hour today and painted

What healthy habits did your daughter, you or your family display today. Thanks for dropping by to check on progress. So who's up for a challenge?

Last edited by Tuculia; 01/25/14 07:42 PM.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
So how are you encouraging healthy habits for your daughter as well as your family. Did you know that encouraging me time for your daughter will not only be a healthy habite but a life skill to. Encouraging me time for the whole family will make a happy home. Here is my report for the day remember to drop by and log your numbers as well I'd love to here how you're doing with those healthy habits. For extra tips drop by our health and fitness sites as well as our inspiration site she's got some good old body detox tips. Have fun and remember this is a joint effort project.

I took 6,400 steps today (my daughter and I danced while cleaning)
I drank 4 glasses of water
I swapped a candy bar for a healthy treat = fruit ice-cream bar
I laughed together with my family for 30 minutes telling jokes

Those were my healthy habits for the day what are yours? So, who's up for a challenge?

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T

Healthy Habits!!!!

Last edited by Tuculia; 01/26/14 05:16 PM.

Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hey Tuculia!

I love this challenge. "Me-time" is invaluable. My 4 year old gets bent out of shape when I or my 9 year old need our "me-time" (Of course, we try not to need it at the same time).

That said, she is getting really good at enjoying her own personal "me-time" (in the tub, or in the window accompanied by tiny princesses, lalaloopsy dolls, or littlest pet shop figures).

I think this is extremely important. This is when we best process the things we have learned and we hear our inner voice with clarity.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Tuculia, since I emerged from the ICU, I have a new lease on life and have completely revamped my health habits. Good news is that my daughter is joining me! smile

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hey Yvonnie and Lori,

Thanks for dropping by. Yvonnie I enjoyed seeing how you and your daughters are practicing healthy habits keep setting good examples-and you're right taking me time at the same time, not. Lori I am glad that you are recovering well and that you and your daughter are also practicing healthy habits. Thanks again for dropping by and sharing.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hello, I hope all is well with your healthy habits. Remember to drop by and log your progress. Did you know that spending time with your family is considered a healthy habitat?

I took 1206 steps today
I drank 4 glasses of water
I ate apples today

Have fun you should be feeling happier now that you've been practicing healthy habits. I'll check back tomorrow.

Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
My girls and I do a detox every January and June. Their's is simple and short. Mine goes a little longer and is more intense.

The girls completed theirs 6 days ago. Still, two nights ago, my youngest two daughters opted for carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, and celery & peanut butter over spinach ravioli.

Last night they asked for a treat. I gave them blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and dried cranberries with a small scoop of homemade vanilla snowcream. They were ecstatic.

I feel proud that they are still making healthier choices.

It makes me feel good because I have begun to recognize that my role is crucial. I make certain there is a wide variety of healthy choices laid out each day. It makes their healthy choices easy.

Last edited by Yvonnie-Inspired; 01/28/14 12:40 PM.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hey Yvonnie,

I am loving the way you are encouraging healthy habits at your house. Thanks for sharing. A special thanks for setting good examples for your daughters. One question what do they do to stay active?

Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
We eat well but just in case we miss out on important vitamins and minerals, we are taking vitamin supplements daily now. Fish oil, multi, Vitamin D. None are at extreme levels. We don't want vitamin toxicity!

We're also eating less. We both see the wisdom of smaller portions. It feels better not to eat until we're full. Hara hachi bu is an old Japanese philosophy of eating until only 80 percent full. Dr. Daniel Amen, author of "Change your brain, change you life" says research shows that eating 30 percent less increases longevity and enhances brain health.

We're also focusing mainly on whole foods. Nuts, greens, fresh fruit.

We walk to stay active. My daughter walks all the dogs with my husband at night. I walk during the day but I haven't since I got out of the hospital. frown

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hey Lori,

Thanks for including the vitamins and minerals daily just in case your body isn't getting what it needs. I really like the team effort with your daughter. Thanks for setting good examples.

Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hey Tuculia-

We love the trampoline. We only get to a big gym spot for that kinda fun once a month with friends. Meanwhile, we have a small one in house & they jump on it all day. My middle girl is a great gymnast and dancer. My youngest dances and flips all day. My oldest is tres lazy, but she has come to love fencing.

Today though we danced for 30 minutes straight and jumped on the trampoline for 15 minutes each. I also walked 8 miles (that's my alone time).

The subject of exercise is huge in my home. My girls are ultra slim so, sometimes it gets overlooked. But good habits are important and I want them to learn them now.

I believe that in our late teenage years we begin to branch out and spread our wings. We try on things that are not common for our parents' homes. But, as we get older we return to our roots; the ones that we see were beneficial. I am hoping that these healthy habits I am attempting to teach and displaying as an example, are the roots they will stay with; or at least come back to.

Now, what about spiritual health?

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Yvonnie,

You continue to set good examples in ways that make life fun in your house and I like that. I really enjoy that trampoline in the house. I used to do things like that with mine when they were small and it's to see that their are other good creative moms. About the spiritual health - it's always good to fuel the soul with a good cleaning. Thanks for sharing and being you!

Site
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Tuculia, Daughters Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.