Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I am feeling really good so far because I'm participating consistently. My family are doing pretty good with their efforts as well. The bigger picture is that we are doing together and that we are being supportive of each other. Of course my kids are comparing the amount of steps their taking each day. The other important tool is that I've changed our eating habits. I mean I've always cooked healthy but this time I'm monitoring the amount of sweets that we eat, and the snack foods as well. But I didn't realize the amount of fast food was coming into the house. Since my family and I started this challenge, I can see that the bickering has cut down. I can also see that we make more time for each other just so we can see how we practiced healthy habits that day. We don't get to sit down together every night but it's more than what it had been. I'm hoping to see more involvement from you as the weather gets warmer. In the meantime thanks for taking the first step to the healthy habits challenge by coming to the site to get updates and encouragement.

Yesterday I took 2300 steps
I drank 4 cups of water
I swapped a candy bar for yougert ice-cream topped with fruit

Drop by and log your progress I would love to here how your daughter is inspiring others in her efforts. From the Daughters site thank you partisipating in the healthy habits challenge.

Tuculia Washington,Daughter Editor
Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
So who's up for a challenge?

Last edited by Tuculia; 01/22/14 07:50 AM.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
This year the daughters site challenges you to make the ultimate challenge. Develop healthy and happy habits. I will make a goal to walk more daily, I will eat healthy snacks throughout the day. And, I will drink more water, I will substitute unhealthy snack or food items for a healthy one. I am challenging you and your daughter, family to this challenge. I will post my daily steps made for the day and how many glasses of water consumed and what healthy snack I ate for the day. Make your post at the end of the day after you have wined down. I challenge you and your daughter to do the same. I will also post the swap snack.

Items needed:

Pedometer – can be purchased from the dollar store or any place that sells sporting goods. Don’t spend too much money on this item you are merely tracking your steps. Different apps can be downloaded for those of you with electronic devices.

Glass or cup – an average glass will due, you are keeping track of how many glasses of water you drink. If you get a water bottle you have to keep track of how many times you filled it.

Healthy snacks – apples, carrots, broccoli, lettuce, oranges, pears, bananas, crackers, whole grain cereal out of the box no milk, skim milk, cottage cheese, nuts, berries etc….

Flavor
– your own personal style, the way you move your body, the mood that get’s you pumped, and the music that sets your pace.

Invite as many of your friends to the challenge and see the impact you make on others. Watch how happy you will become with yourself and your progress. This is something you will control and of course it requires a partner whether it is your live in support, family, or friends. Tune in to the site daily to check activity. Good luck and thanks for taking the first step to a healthy and happy life. Don't forget to check out our health and fitness section sites for more tips. Take a look at pictures of different ways to stay active, eat healthy and have fun:

Last edited by Tuculia; 01/22/14 08:40 AM.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Did you know that brushing your teeth, getting plenty of rest and keeping up with your hygiene daily are all forms of healthy habits? So, I say again who's up for the Daughters Site Healthy Habits Challenge?

Last edited by Tuculia; 01/22/14 08:50 AM.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Are you interested in participating in a world wide challenge?

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I took 4269 steps today
I drank 3 glasses of water
I had carrots and dip
I sat aside one hour today and painted

What healthy habits did your daughter, you or your family display today. Thanks for dropping by to check on progress. So who's up for a challenge?

Last edited by Tuculia; 01/25/14 07:42 PM.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
So how are you encouraging healthy habits for your daughter as well as your family. Did you know that encouraging me time for your daughter will not only be a healthy habite but a life skill to. Encouraging me time for the whole family will make a happy home. Here is my report for the day remember to drop by and log your numbers as well I'd love to here how you're doing with those healthy habits. For extra tips drop by our health and fitness sites as well as our inspiration site she's got some good old body detox tips. Have fun and remember this is a joint effort project.

I took 6,400 steps today (my daughter and I danced while cleaning)
I drank 4 glasses of water
I swapped a candy bar for a healthy treat = fruit ice-cream bar
I laughed together with my family for 30 minutes telling jokes

Those were my healthy habits for the day what are yours? So, who's up for a challenge?

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T

Healthy Habits!!!!

Last edited by Tuculia; 01/26/14 05:16 PM.

Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hey Tuculia!

I love this challenge. "Me-time" is invaluable. My 4 year old gets bent out of shape when I or my 9 year old need our "me-time" (Of course, we try not to need it at the same time).

That said, she is getting really good at enjoying her own personal "me-time" (in the tub, or in the window accompanied by tiny princesses, lalaloopsy dolls, or littlest pet shop figures).

I think this is extremely important. This is when we best process the things we have learned and we hear our inner voice with clarity.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Tuculia, since I emerged from the ICU, I have a new lease on life and have completely revamped my health habits. Good news is that my daughter is joining me! smile

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Tuculia, Daughters Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.