Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#850687 01/11/14 11:49 AM
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
This year the daughters site challenges you to make the ultimate challenge. Develop healthy and happy habits. I will make a goal to walk more daily, I will eat healthy snacks throughout the day. And, I will drink more water, I will substitute unhealthy snack or food items for a healthy one. I am challenging you and your daughter, family to this challenge. I will post my daily steps made for the day and how many glasses of water consumed and what healthy snack I ate for the day. Make your post at the end of the day after you have wined down. I challenge you and your daughter to do the same. I will also post the swap snack.

Items needed:

Pedometer – can be purchased from the dollar store or any place that sells sporting goods. Don’t spend too much money on this item you are merely tracking your steps. Different apps can be downloaded for those of you with electronic devices.

Glass or cup – an average glass will due, you are keeping track of how many glasses of water you drink. If you get a water bottle you have to keep track of how many times you filled it.

Healthy snacks – apples, carrots, broccoli, lettuce, oranges, pears, bananas, crackers, whole grain cereal out of the box no milk, skim milk, cottage cheese, nuts, berries etc….

Flavor – your own personal style, the way you move your body, the mood that get’s you pumped, and the music that sets your pace.

Invite as many of your friends to the challenge and see the impact you make on others. Watch how happy you will become with yourself and your progress. This is something you will control and of course it requires a partner whether it is your live in support, family, or friends. Tune in to the site daily to check activity. Good luck and thanks for taking the first step to a healthy and happy life. Don't forget to check out our health and fitness section sites for more tips. Take a look at pictures of different ways to stay active, eat healthy and have fun:

Last edited by Tuculia; 01/11/14 05:42 PM.

Tuculia Washington,Daughter Editor
Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I didn't get much walking in nor did I drink much water.

I took 2463 steps = 1.12 miles walked
I had 2 glasses of water
1 healthy snack = apple
1 swap (chereos instead of chips)

I feel great, how did you do?

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I took 1467 steps
I had 2 glasses of water
2 healthy snack = carrots + berries
1/2 banana split = I'm not sure about this one

Remember this is not a race, the goal is to walk daily, drink water and eat a healthy snack - it's also to swap an unhealthy snack for a healthy one. I accomplished everything - so can you tell me what was the 1/2 banana split considered?

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Did you know that girls feel better about themselves when they are happy! Exercising causes the body to produce endorphins, chemicals that can help her feel better about herself, in other words happy. To be a little more precise, the best way to increase your daughter’s self-esteem is to actively and effectively engage in something active. Both good for her and consistent with her goals. Help her feel good about herself. Encourage movement and healthy eating, from the whole family. Spice it up a bit with music, games, and laughter. Have fun!

I took 3,262 steps today
I had 3 glasses of water
2 healthy snacks = berries + nuts

She should be feeling really good about herself - so how about your numbers. Again, keep in mind that this is not a race. It is a form of self-improvement. An activity to encourage the whole family to develop healthy and happy habits. If you shed a few pounds along the way consider that a bonus. Remember to stop by the health and fitness sites to get more great ideas on health and fitness. See you tomorrow!

Last edited by Tuculia; 01/13/14 08:45 PM.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
So who's up for the healthy habit challenge?

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Remember that looking and feeling good come largely from good health, self-care, and self-esteem for girls. That's ultimately what the healthy habits challenge is all about.

I took 1201 steps today
I drank 3 glasses of water
I had 2 healthy snacks = whole grain cereal + grape, cheese, strawberry kabob
1 swap = candy for apples dipped

How did you, your daughter or family do today? And who's up for a challenge? Come on I challenge you!

Last edited by Tuculia; 01/14/14 07:36 PM.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Encoraging girls to take the healthy habits clallenge is not only good for her but - the whole family can also benefit.

I took 2605 today
1 healthy snack = whole grain cereal dry
5 minutes of dancing while cleaning

How did you do today, dancing, walking, or eating healthy are all forms of demonstrating healthy habits. Don't forget to stop by and log your families demonstrations of healthy habits. Parent 's you have to fix healthier meals. And you and your family can do the rest. Have fun!

Last edited by Tuculia; 01/15/14 05:58 PM.

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
As you begin your day remember that this is not a race, merely a task to encourage your daughter as well as the rest of family to practice healthy habits. Keep in mind that this is a joint effort task to help with follow-thru. Healthy habits encourage a healthier and happier life for everyone. So come on check out the list from above and take the healthy habits challenge - I dare you!

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
So who's up for a challenge?

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
So how did you do today? Did you create your new habits.

I took 4800 steps today
I one healthy snack = kabob w/grapes,cheese,straberries(my daughter made them)

My daughter got her teacher involved I love it. So how did your family do and who did you inspire. So, who's up for a challenge?

Site
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Tuculia, Daughters Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.