logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
I don't under these instructions for mittens: Row 10: At the beginning of this row, cast off 8 stitches, and knit across row (you have 18 stitches on the needle.) Row 11: Knit across all stitches. At the end of the row, case on 12 stitches. Rows 12 and 13. Knit 2 rows. I am a beginner knitter. What does this mean? Do I cast on to the same needle as the 18 stitches? When I casted off was I supposed to cut the yarn and start over. The photo of the pattern shows two pieces when sewn together make one mitten

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Hello, Antoinette! The pattern is wanting you to do some work to help create the shape of the mitten. For row 10, you bind off the first 8 stitches, you shouldn't need to cut the yarn as you then knit the rest of the row. When you turn, you knit into all of the stitches you still have on your needle, then cast on 12 new stitches to the same needle. It will create a part in the knitted fabric. Then for rows 12 and 13 you just knit into all of the stitches you have
This sounds like a nice quick garter stitch pattern. I hope this helps, feel free to ask again if you need more clarification.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.