Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
M
Today I made my new year resolutions. I would like to learn to bake bread better (I'm terrible at it), plan out my garden for better productivity, and I would like to learn a couple new crochet techniques: Tunisian crochet and Filet crochet.

I'd also like to get organized. I've already gone through my yarn stash and I'm going to donate about half of it to local 4-H groups that teach needle crafts to their members.

How about ya'll?

Melissa Rodriguez
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Ooooo, I like all your resolutions! Don't have a garden at present, but son lives up the street and he does. Only problem is that neither of us really wants to (or can physically) keep up with it. Sigh.

I love some of the color stitches for Tunisian (I learned it as Afghan) crochet. Somehow, these 2,3,4 color designs seem easier to do in crochet than in knitting... When I was learning to crochet at about 8yo, we were making antimacassars--filet crochet covers for chair arms and headrests to protect the fabric from skin and hair oils. They were easier for me than doilies, which the average kid can't see the point of, LOL.

I also wanted to crochet a bedspread...but didn't have the attention span for it. Nowadays, I bet we could convert those lovely designs to use yarn instead of thread cotton, which I fantasize would take less time....

Looking forward to your newsletters with neat new ideas!

Cheryll Schuette
Bahá'í Site
Parakeet
Parakeet
I would like to try to bake some bread; I've been intending to give a try but keep putting off. Maybe I'll get around to it this year! Thanks for mentioning it, Melissa.

Blessings,
Linda Sue Grimes
Maya Shedd's Temple

Moderated by  Holly - Crochet Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.