Print Thread
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
This has been a relaxing two weeks. I was on vacation last week for Christmas. This week the office is rather empty with people on vacation.

It's a great time to work on my 2014 plan of attack. I've developed a new motto for 2014. "Your emergency is not, my emergency. I only have two hands and you're on my list."

For the first time in years, I did not take my work Blackberry with me when I went away. When I got back, there was all sorts of drama going on. People stopping in my office 5-6 times requesting something that really wasn't urgent and didn't understand that I was really trying to catch up so I could work on what they needed. I had all sorts of "he said/she said", so much drama... I know such is the life of an Human Resources Manager, but my goodness!!!

Finally, as I noticed the ache in my side starting to occur again after a week of no pain, I finally decided, enough... and started saying... one thing at a time, you're on my list.

Now I am looking forward to 2014 and a whole new attitude. I adore my job, but it's time to put things back into perspective for some folks.

What changes will you be making in your office for 2014?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hello Everyone and a Happy and Productive New Year to us all!.....My posts will continue to look odd until I can fix the spacing, avatar and all so forgive the fullstops I am using to denote sentence end or new paragraph! Thanks.....Dianne, this year 2014 I am redoing my Job Specification. I was given one when I was employed of course, but as the years have gone by, much has changed on what I do and am expected to do and what I do anyway.....So along with being able to enhance my CV with achievements and goals, I am rewriting my job duties as morphed. I look forward to this exercise as I think it will make a lot of things clearer especially for me..... And as for my bosses, well their disinterest can go jump in the lake!..... I wonder if others would find this type of exercise useful?.....Cheers, Lestie Container Gardening. Ch

R
R
My 2014 motto is to do maximum R&D on my weakest points & improvise with better results.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Lestie,

We are over half way through 2014, how are your goals going? Did you re-write your job specs to improve your resume?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hi Dianne,

All is going well in all sorts of ways but in others there is room to improve as always.

I still work regularly at my goals (living more, being more healthy, walking more etc.) which were more set around my general health and lifestyle, and I guess these will always be in place for me to keep stretching towards.

It was very interesting for me to rewrite my job spec for my current job, and even though I am semi-retired, it was just as useful and important for me to do this as I would suggest it could be for anyone at any time of their career life.

I was surprised at just how much more I was doing and at just how much my bosses didn't know that I was doing, and then what had changed and no longer needed to be done.

Our jobs change around us daily, most times for obvious reasons, but at other times because we make our jobs our own, we bring our own interpretation to what has to be done and we create much to do our job/s that much better.

The thing is, a person has to keep themselves fresh and up to date and must make sure their boss is reminded of their worth all the time.

How you do this will depend on all sorts of things, but do it we must.

Having done the above with a good measure of success, I will certainly do this at least twice a year; it helped me settle down a lot too.

Cheers now!

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.