Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#847322 12/07/13 06:19 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Does my limited understanding of Jesus keep me at a distance and at a disadvantage?

Who is this Jesus?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I sometimes have that disconnect. It's often difficult to articulate the problem. We know though that God is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Originally Posted By: Lynne - ChristianLiving
Does my limited understanding of Jesus keep me at a distance and at a disadvantage?

Who is this Jesus?

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I love that phrase, "Limited understanding." You'd have to know my personality as a child, but the endless CCD classes and Sunday masses, repetitive - Oh, it hurts to this day.

I couldn't understand the ritual or why people would go and flip each other off trying to be the first to get out of the parking lot, some even sneaking out early.

I used to tell my mom, "If Jesus is supposed to be the poster-child for good deeds, that's not much of a pep-talk."

But the endless bickering the adults would have...I remember those too. To me I'd sit at the top of the stairs, when I was supposed to be asleep and listen."

Finally, I think I had those footy PJ's, they were pink. Loved those...but anyway (add moment) I stormed down and said something along the lines of:

"Were ANY OF YOU THERE!?! Were any of you actually there? If not, then NO ONE will EVER know what exactly went on. All we have is that little black and white book that's been written and re-written and fight about who's right or wrong. And us kids? Whether or not we've been good enough to get to heaven!"

It was something my parent's had these "get-togethers," but they were routine. It's engrained in my Soul, lol.

But, to me - our perception grows. Each day we're alive and live through the challenges we do, they enlighten us to a better understanding of something we can never come close to, at least on this plane. I think that's the whole idea... just an opinion

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Elleise, how unfortunate an experience you had. It is necessary to continue studying because our understanding changes as our life experiences change.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I agree smile

And I didn't mean to make it sound unfortunate or an experience that brings me sadness. In fact, it kind of makes me laugh, because afterward, you could have heard a pin drop and everyone started socializing like normal people do.

But, see the "studying" I do, it involves all creation, all religions and the miracles I see all around me on a daily basis, but mostly the impact, I mean, comes w/compassion I see in others, that bond and connectedness - that tells me more each day where we come and by what and precisely the reason we're here wink

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Unfortunately, many people make it all about the rules of worship - such as your experience in CCD classes. Getting to know who Jesus is, only encourages us to come closer. Everything we need to know about how to get to know Jesus is in the bible. The more we study it with a willing heart, the more we know and love him.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Lynn and Eleise, CCD classes should have included everything Jesus, Bible study, church history, etc. - rules of worship is an interesting term but in the Catholic Church the Mass is all Biblical.

I guess some parishes approached religious education differently. Many of the churches (Methodists, Lutheran, Presbyterian) have Sunday school or classes on another night. That is what CCD is. My parish now calls it LIFE.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Angie and Eleise, I didn't really mean to target CCD classes. Children and new believers need education. I think that sometimes rules are stressed over who Jesus is and end up thinking that Christianity is a set of rules.

Another thought that is probably a better answer - sometimes the person is not ready to receive Christ. God is the only one who knows who is and isn't.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Lynn, Faith is a gift.... not everyone receives it and some reject it.

Thank you for your great articles. They make us take a deeper look within ourselves.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Thank you Angie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.