logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
He can find a job just fine, but he won't keep it. His main excuse among many is that he just can't get along with people. He has a sick wife and two children, ages 14 and 12 I think, and yes he pops pills and she smokes pot. This is clearly neglecting the children as they have lived on the edge of homelessness and deep poverty for many many years. They have gone without lights, heat, appropriate clothes for the winter, water, etc.. The only reason they make it the way they do is his parents constantly pay his bills. But recently the 14 year old daughter has been posting things about how her life sucks, "is this how my daily life is going to be", "would anyone care if I died" type stuff. But after her mother posted something similar about dying, the daughter claimed that she would kill herself if something happened to her. I'm so concerned about that. I wonder how this has affected the children's hearts and minds knowing that dad has put them in this situation most, if not all of their lives. Knowing dad refuses to work to shelter them. They defend him, they worry about his pains and complaints. But deep down...clearly it's taking it's toll. They have lights, water, and tons of clothes from donations now. His parents bought them a trailer, but they have to move it now. This I know, the parents love their kids, the mother loves them deeply, and the kids love them deeply, but this is a life long situation for them. I just need help with this. Lots of help and prayer to Jesus. On the one hand, I know they love each other, and I don't want to interfere. I don't know if it's serious enough to call CPS, and what if they took the children? On the other, I don't want to live with the guilt of having not helped them. I'm especially torn about this because when I was 18 I did not help a child. I'm determined not to be that person anymore.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
OP Offline
A
I'd like to add, that he has false teeth. I know teeth can be a huge obstacle. He looks physically capable, but he's been complaining for a while now about "pain" and I guess that's why he is now addicted to pills? Idk.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Hi Amber-

Thank you for posting you concerns. Although I cannot tell you what to do I can offer suggestions for you to get more information and through education decide if a hotline call should be made.

Please visit this website: Childhelp.org

The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) is dedicated to the prevention of child abuse, and the hotline is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with professional crisis counselors who, through interpreters, can provide assistance in 170 languages.

The Hotline offers crisis intervention, information, literature, and referrals to thousands of emergency, social service, and support resources. All calls are anonymous and confidential.

What to expect when calling the Hotline

When calling 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453), a qualified crisis counselor will answer and assist you, if you:

•Need help and want to talk to a counselor.

•Are in physical or emotional crisis and need support and encouragement.

•Connect you to the best possible resources in your area.

•Have questions about the signs of child abuse.

•Need to find out how to report known or suspected abuse.

•Have questions about the reporting process and what you might expect through the process.

•Want to learn about Childhelp programs that will address you or your child’s needs.

•Want to learn about resources available to parents, grandparents & caregivers.

•Need emotional support as survivor of abuse.

•Want a referral to an agency, counseling or other services near where you live.

•Want literature mailed to you.(Allow two weeks for delivery via the U.S. Postal Service.)

•Want information on how to make a donation to Childhelp.

Childhelp crisis counselors cannot come to the home where the abuse is happening and take away the child or teen who is in danger of being hurt and put them in a new home.

The Childhelp Hotline crisis counselors can’t make the child abuse report for you, but we are here to help you through it.

I would encourage you to call and talk through the situation with a counselor and see what they recommend...

Thank you for caring and let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Last edited by ELS - Child Abuse Editor; 11/17/13 04:58 PM.

Have a blessed day-

Erika Lyn Smith
BellaOnline's Child Abuse Editor
Child Abuse Site
BellaOnline's Missing & Exploited Children Editor
Missing & Exploited Children Site

Moderated by  ELS - Child Abuse Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.