L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Do you put your marriage first?

This guideline was intended to prevent married couples from weakening their relationship when parenting duties threatened to consume them but a little clarity is needed. Too many couples misunderstand this well-intentioned advice.

Putting Your Marriage First

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Ok, so if you read the article, you'll know what I meant when I said don't put your marriage first!

Shark
Shark
Good article, Lori. What you said and what I was trying to say in the other post are not that different - I just couldn't get the words to come out right! blush

This is my 2nd marriage, and I have learned a lot from the mistakes that I made in my 1st. My husband and I rarely argue, and when it comes to the kids we are always on the same page (even if we have to go in private to make sure we are on the same page). But we make sure our kids know we love and will protect them no matter what.

I guess maybe instead of saying "my spouse" or "my kids" come first it should really be "my family comes first".

"And the greatest of these is Love"
Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Lori, you express my feelings far more eloquently than I could. Thanks for your wonderful writing.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Great article.

Michelle I agree, "Family comes first."

My husband and I were together for about 8 years before we had children--what a shock to the system!

Took me about another 8 years to get used to being a mom. We had no baby sitter and did not do "date nights." I grieved for how our lives used to be before kids, but then over time I got over it.

Now 15 years later it's just like old times. My husband and I hang out, laugh...we're married, parents and good friends. It took every last minute of the last 22 years (19 of them married)to get to this point. It's a journey.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
So true, Leah. It's a journey. What a great journey it's been and continues to be.

It takes a lot of flexibility to keep up with our changing times of life.

We loved being parents (and will always be parents!) but now, like you, we're able to appreciate our coupleness more and more. He's teaching me photography and we skip out of town just the two of us. Life is still so fascinating as we explore and discover together.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I wish more people understood commitment and marriage.

It's never going to be the stage show you had (if you had one), mine was in jail - so I can only move up, lol...it's a joke, but anwhoo, an inside one.

But marriage? It may seem outdated and sometimes even, like there's no hope? But it's so easy. So simple if you simply look at it like - well, seasons, Solstices or cycles, just like anything else.

You BOUNCE! wink

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.