logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#843705 10/27/13 11:53 AM
J
OP Offline
J
I am knitting a sweater and in finishing by sewing away some ends, I could see my stitches on the right side. I tore out the sewn away ends to redo and, unfortunately, wound up unraveling some of the stitches. Now I have one row of 6 stitches on one side and 5 stitches across from them (stockinette stitch)with a loose end on each side, and I can't figure out how to join the two rows. Can anyone give me an answer? I have the stitches on holders.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Hello, JosieAnn! Are you sewing to join your sweater pieces as you would a steeked sweater?
If not, are you using kitchener stitch? Would kitchener stitch, where you sew the pieces together with a thick darning or tapestry needle in a way to imitate knitting stitches, work to solve your problem?

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
J
OP Offline
J
I'm not sure what a steeked sweater is. The stitching I took out were the loose ends where I had to join a new ball of yarn. I did try using a darning needle and a new piece of yarn (since the ends were too short after I had initially woven them in and cut off the remaining length. The two rows of stitches I have on holders are in the middle of the garment and are opposite each other.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.