Print Thread
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L

I'm taking a course at a local college and this past week, I went to their library and borrowed a book for a paper I'm writing. The book is Addiction Treatment: a strengths perspective by Katherine Van Wormer and Diane Rae Davis.

I checked and ths book is not available at my regular local library--either Brooklyn or New York Public Library. And it costs over $100 on Amazon. So I was wondering if I were a distance learning student at say University of Phoenix, where would I get really good academic books for research?

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Hi Leah:

Good question. There are a variety of resources available for books these days. Depending on your timeframe, if a book is not available at a local library, you can certainly request it and they will place an order for one for you to check out later. With the abundance of books available today, I can certainly understand why many libraries or universities do not stock every publication.

The university I attend is online, and has an online student library as well. If books of interest are not available in your public library, the university library is your next best option whether it is on-campus or online. And if it is not stocked, you can put in a request, similar to the process a public library uses.

Thanks for your input.

Patricia

Moderated by  Patricia PN - DL Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.