Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I just returned from an East Coast road trip with my 3 little girls. We drove from Illinois to Georgia (no stops in Indiana or Tennessee except for rest stops and gas), to North Carolina (loved Charlotte's South End), to Washington D.C. (walked and drove around looking for the White House for a couple of hours. Finally, the city got dark and they lit the big house. Only then, did we realize we had been right there all along), to New York (frozen hot chocolates, Lady Liberty, Central Park, and Times Square. Next time I'll show the girls SoHo, Long Island, and the Niagara Falls.), Massachusetts (Boston Strong - by far my favorite stop. We wish we had stopped in Connecticut though.), Montreal, Quebec, CA, (loved old town the most), to Toronto, Ontario, CA (skipped Ottawa and Niagara Falls this time because New York sucked up our funds. Loved Yorkville in Toronto; my first time hanging out there.) to Illinois (next time we will include Michigan).

What did you do? What are you doing? What are your plans?

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Sponsored Post Advertisement
i am working in a company as internship

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hey Janet-

That is a pathway to great potential! Are you networking/making connections with people that can influence your career? Are you making note of those that have the potential to become awesome mentors for you? Are you considering the pros and cons of your experience?

All of these things are valuable in where you go from here.

An Internship can easily equal excitement. I hope you are as excited as I am for you.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
This summer I worked out a lot and started doing some long distance walks in San Diego. The other half of the summer I worked on reconciling my marriage.

The long walks are a whole lot easier. wink

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Oh Jilly-

We should talk. LOL! I love the long walks and right now, the marriage is pretty good too.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
This summer I took on a job at Costco. It will be my retirement job. The job requires a lot of physical activity, and it was quite difficult for the first 6 weeks. I thought of all of the mothers in the world who struggle to bring their children up with limited resources. That was what I used for my inspiration. I was doing exactly what I wanted, and although it was painful and difficult, it wasn't anything compared to those women who struggle to feed their families and get them fresh water.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I worked at a farmstand selling fruit, vegetables, fresh eggs, and flowers. Now we are selling pumpkins, mums, and cider along with the produce and eggs. The farm will close for the season at the end of October so I need to find another job, but it was a nice change of pace for me to work at such a peaceful place. It helped me to think and work out some things, being surrounded by lots of gardens, trees, and animals. Plus I have eaten so much more healthy in the last few months, bringing home a good variety of what we sell. I worked there two years ago and I enjoyed going back.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hey Connie!

Good to see you here. I love Costco. While the work is hard, I hope they are good to you. Moreover, I hope you are gather more than you expected from the experience.

Debbie-

I love what you did with your summer. That feels like the beginning of healing.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Debbie, that sounds like a WONDERFUL summer job! How refreshing. I hope you get to do much more of that. How did you get that job? Did you know the stand owner?

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Yvonnie....yes, I have done some healing as a result of working there. I also had a chance to figure some things out that can only be figured out while surrounded by the peace of nature.

Jilly.....this farmstand is a place where my boyfriend and I used to buy fresh tomatoes. He was there two years ago without me one day and ran into the owner, who said that he needed help to run the place during the week. The high school kids who helped out had gone back to school in the fall. So my boyfriend made the connection for me knowing I needed a job, and I met the owner and was hired for the last two months of the season. When I lost my job this year I went to talk with the owner again and he hired me in July. Bless my sweet boyfriend for the connection he made some time ago. Now that he is gone that farmstand job has helped in the process of my healing.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.