Print Thread
S
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
S
This topic is one that is extremely difficult to think about and even harder to discuss. Our Native youth commit suicide more than triple the rate of other young Americans, according to federal government figures.

I welcome any thoughts or stories you'd like to share. I know that on my reservation in Crow Country, we are experiencing a crisis level of suicidal youth like never before. Let's reach out to one another and form a shield of love and light around our young ones. Please join me and encourage others to join, if not here in the forum then from their hearts in prayer.

Teen Suicide in Indian Country

Jacqueline Olivia Pina
[url = http://nativeamerican.bellaonline.com]NativeAmerican[/url]
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi Jacqueline-

You have touched my heart strings with this topic. Thanks for sharing an article well written.

I have asked the spirit world to provide you with an answer. Here is what I have heard, no brakes, and no intention to offend:

Young people of every culture suffer with identity crisis. This group of beautiful young people comes from a culture, that seems to hold little relevance in our society today.

They must be touched. Make a point to hug the children in your reservation, with love in your heart (loving and healing intentions) as you do so. Say the words that they need to hear, "I love you." They need to know that they are valued more than the need to show the rest of this nation that there is value within the culture (that will come later). In other words, there needs to be a shift in the focus - within instead of without.

They must be reminded of their value and of the unconditional love that is reserved for them. Each of us is a light, much like that of a star; pure, loving, and healing, energy. As we accept negative ideas and damaging circumstances the light from our star seems less brilliant. Many souls get lost in the darkness and when they cannot find their way out they harm themselves or others. I would say that your ancestors or elders are not off in their ideas of the darkness, but the light is where our focus needs to be. We need to see the light within and all around your youth and your reservation.

I am sending light and love to that darkness right now. A concentrated effort to do so, by everyone within your reservation, would be a greater healing. A concentrated effort by all of us and millions of others that any of us know, all at the same time, would be an even greater significance.

I wrote this article, Raising the Vibrational Energy of Earth in an effort to get us to all concentrate of wellness throughout the planet, but it can certainly be used for a special occasion like this one.

You pick the date and time and I am willing to join. I am certain there are many, many others that would also like to be a part of the solution.

Love is greater than any darkness and we absolutely must have faith in that.

PM me if you would like to talk more.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.