Print Thread
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L

I watch a lot of Hallmark Channel original Romances and I've noticed that firefighters (for men) and florists (for women) seem to be the most prevalent occupations for characters.

Here are but a few recent examples:

A Taste of Romance (2012) (TV)

IMDbPro

Widower Gill Callahan retired from the fire department after a tragedy. Helped out by some mates, he starts a diner, offering simple food to their taste. The matching music is too much for the elitist taste of his neighbor, Sara Westbrook, who just started a French restaurant and aspires a refined reputation utterly clashing with the working class neighborhood, leading to a prank war. Gill's daughter Hannah befriends Sara and ends up acting as matchmaker, helped by fate in what seems tragedy. Written by KGF Vissers

Be My Valentine (2013
)

User review from IMBD

Natalie Brown is an MBA who decided she would rather be happy and chucked it to run a flower shop. William Baldwin is a widowed firefighter with a pleasant adolescent son -- clearly this is some sort of fantasy. The writers hit all the notes in this stereotypical Hallmark Channel TV St. Valentine's Day movie and the result is pleasant if unmemorable fluff.
TV Movie - Romance - 9 February 2013 (USA)

Second Chances (2013) (TV)
Plot summary from IMDb

A badly injured leg forces hunky fireman Jeff, who lost his father in a fire as a young boy, to rent a ground floor room during his recovery. Thus he moves in with widow jenny, a 911 emergency call center operator, and her fatherless young children, Luke and Elsie, who soon dote him as an ideal substitute father and try matching him with their mother. She recognizes his good influence but fears another breakup would be too hard. Jeff's retired former fire chief 'Buddy' being in the home where the kids read books to earn money ultimately works wonders. Written by KGF Vissers

And as for the lady florists in addition to "Be My Valentine" which is mentioned above we have:

I Hate Valentine's Day (2009)

April 2009

IMBD

A florist, who abides by a strict five-date-limit with any man, finds herself wanting more with the new restaurateur in town.

Flower Girl (2009) (TV)

IMDbPro

Dr. Evan Cooper is the ideal match, on paper and according to her grandmother Rose Durham and friends, including an equally pushy wedding planner, for florist Laurel Haverford, who fears to be the last of her generation to get married. Yet she keeps dragging her heels after meeting cocky Stephen Banks, who is all wrong on paper but makes her heart leap by pure chemistry. Written by KGF Vissers

And I believe Kathleen Quinlan owned a landscaping or flower shop in Perfect Romance (2004)

Last edited by leahmullen; 09/28/13 12:51 PM.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Here's one I just wrote about in another thread...a Ginger Roger's classic:

It Had to Be You (1947)

Ginger Rogers always gets cold feet just before four weddings until fireman Cornell Wilde appears.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

V
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
V
Hi Leah, I do not know if firefighters are romantic, but they are HOT! As for florists? I guess screenwriters think florists should be romantic.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
LOL...HOT! literally or figuratively?

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

V
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
V
Well, they are typically very fit :-D

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.