logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
All right ya'll, head over to [url=www.slaveryfootprint.org]www.slaveryfootprint.org[/url] and take the quiz to find out your score!

My score at the end was 33 slaves, and it was affected most by dresses, DVDs/DVD player, my car, game console, and bras (did not expect that one!).

How about you??

(Btw I wrote about slavery for this week's article, just to give you context for this post.)

Last edited by Andria - Human Rights; 09/25/13 12:47 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Andria,

I tried to take the survey but all I get is a nearly blank page. Am I to sign in to take it?

Would really like to take the survey so any suggestions would be helpful.

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

OP Offline
I didn't have to sign up/sign in to take it, so let's see if we can figure out what's going on.

I used Google Chrome to take the survey, and the url above takes me to a main page that looks like this. Is this different from what you're seeing? It's possible that the browser you're using is affecting the way the site looks.

Here's another link you can try: it's the page that pops up when you click on "Find out - take the survey" button on that main page.

Let me know if that works out. And if anyone else has any suggestions, please feel free to jump in with your web skillz!

Last edited by Andria - Human Rights; 09/25/13 12:48 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Andria,

Got it to work and I am ashamed to say the survey came to 37 slaves. I did refine some of the survey, especially on the food section. I wonder though if my score would be lower since some of the food items, such as potatoes, I grow in my own garden.

This is a real eye-opener. I expected electronics and I am not surprised by the jewelry mining. I never thought about bras or makeup. Funny thing is that I don't have a lot of electronics and no makeup? I guess the extra rooms in the house and the food and clothing increased the score.

It is sad to know how much slavery still exists. This will make me think twice about purchasing.

I will look into the fair trade practices to see what companies do not use slavery. At least, I hope I can find some. Sigh. I think this will have to be a future topic for the Investing site.

Thanks for bringing this to all our attentions.

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

OP Offline
Sandra, I'm glad the link worked. And taking the survey was a very eye-opening experience for me too. I'm having to rethink a lot of my lifestyle.

Please let me know if you write about this for your website; it would be nice to refer people to it as a resource. smile

Moderated by  Andria B - Human Rights 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.