logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I am a geek! I love gadgets and apps. I am always looking for the next best thing to help with my weight goals. Fitbit, Myfitnesspal, Fooducate, Withing scales. I try them all.

How about you? Have you found an app or gadget that works well for you?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
P
My favorite app is the "Lose it" app. It keeps a record of your frequent meals so that you can log them again. Also, it can give specifics on recipes you make in regards to protein, carbs, fat, calories etc. My favorite feature is if you have the option to scan on your device, you can scan the UPC code on what ever item you are consuming and it will bring up all the nutrition info to log for your daily intake.

Patricia Mitchell
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Hi Patricia,
That sounds like a really useful app. I like the scanning option. Does it have most of the foods that you scan in the database? I have found some apps have too few products to be useful. Do you find that you use it on a regular basis?

Thanks for posting and hope you have a great day!

P
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
P
Yes Nadine, it surprised me with some of the items I found in the database. Out of all the apps I've tried, this one is the best!!

Patricia Mitchell
Shark
Shark
i never found a weight loss app, if there have, i think it will be popular, as many a girls around me want to lose weight.

Nbeads, finding the best beading accessories for you.
P
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
P
Yes there are many great weight loss apps available. If you do a search on the internet for weight loss apps, it will bring up several for you to check out. "Lose it" and "My Fitness Pal" are two popular ones you may want to check out.

Patricia Mitchell
L
L
for me I drink fresh juice everyday

P
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
P
Fresh juice is great! I love having smoothies with fresh fruits and vegetables

Patricia Mitchell
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I like My Fitness Pal

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
K
K
I use My Fitness Pal because it allows me to have a quick overview of what I am taking in every day. I have found that it even prevents me from eating certain things that I might otherwise have put in my mouth. Especially if you are consistent with entering EVERYTHING you eat you start to become more aware of the tiny snacks that we eat throughout the day.

P
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
P
I agree Keira, I love the apps like Fitness Pal and Lose It for helping you stay accountable and increase awareness to eating habits. Thanks so much for post and visiting the forum. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Patricia Mitchell
I have lost around 20 lbs using Noom. You enter your current and goal weights, and it tells you how many calories you should eat to achieve your goal ina certain amount of time, than every day you enter any excersise you do, and it calculates how many calories you are allowed. Then, you keep track of everything you eat during the day and it substracts from that number. It has a huge database of food items, including brands, and it makes it really easy to make decisions on what to eat.

P
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
P
Wow, a 20 lb weight loss. That is awesome. I haven't heard of Noom but will check it out. I love the weight loss apps and the way they make you more accountable for your food choices. Thanks so much for your comment.

Patricia Mitchell
M
M
My Fitness Pal has helped me lose 20lbs. It's really great for anyone, whether you're trying to gain, lose, or maintain your weight! I love the scan feature, too. It makes adding items quick and easy. It makes you accountable for everything you eat, but you have to be honest with yourself. I still eat what I want, essentially, but it's really all about portion control with me.

Last edited by msashley; 08/30/14 12:58 PM.
R
R
First Time over I saw people is loosing weight by mobile apps to good to listen but may I know does it works in real

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I've used several mobile apps for weight-loss. Found them at Amazon for free. Check them out. Keeps you motivated!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.