Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#839242 09/23/13 01:36 AM
T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hi there smile

Why not take this 30 day challenge and see how practicing asana, pranayam and meditation can affect your life?

I suggest either practicing any variation of all three daily
OR
Meditation one day, breathing exercises the next, asana the next
OR
Any other way it would fit into your lifestyle.

It's a great idea to keep a journal, note changes in your body and health, in your emotional well-being and any positive changes you experience.

The important thing is to give it a chance. You may get rid of long term chronic health conditions, or reduce the symptoms. You many find inner peace and more energy. Whatever benefits you can receive you will never know, unless you give it a go!

Would love to hear from anyone who is going to take this on and how you progress through the 30 days.

Tracy smile

Last edited by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor; 01/12/15 08:03 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Tracy,

I have started to take your 30 Day Challenge. I love to do yoga, but I have started to miss my practice daily. I practice one of the gentlest forms of yoga right now. That's because I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. The thing is I know the yoga helps tremendously with both conditions. I have just neglected my practice. So I am going to take your challenge to get back on track. And maybe as we take the challenge someone else with health problems will realize that they, too, can do a little yoga each day to help themselves.

So -

Yesterday - a short practice; I do a lot of neck and shoulder stretches to yoga breath (even though it is not necessarily yoga poses all the time, I think concentrating on the breath makes it more yogic); pranayama first - yoga breathing and alternate nostril breathing; and lying down spinal twists. Meditation separately in the morning.

Today - same pranayama, cat/cow pose, tree pose, lying spinal twist, plus other stretches to yoga breathing, meditation afterwards

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

D
D
Hello, I fell in love with yoga a while ago and then missed a day, then some days and then, well it is easy to fall out of practice. Around the beginning of August I found a reason to begin my practice again and to be faithful. My sister and I made a commitment to each other that she would follow her new fibromyalgia protocol for her health and I would do yoga every day for my health. I have myself convinced that if I miss a day it will affect her health, may not be true, but it is effective. I now will break the "yoga rules" (I cannot manage to find 4 hours when I can practice and not eat supper, or breakfast or lunch), so that I honor my commitment. She too, is committed to her end of the deal. Yoga changed my life the first time around and I am excited with the changes that yoga is bringing to my life again. Peace and love, Diane

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hello Sandra,

Thanks so much for sharing your journey. You've definitely inspired me! Hopefully, like you say, others will give it a go. It is amazing how even a gently practice can help long term conditions.

Keep us posted on your progress smile

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hi Diane,

Thank you smile The commitment you and your sister have made is admirable. Great to hear how it is helping you. Even short periods of exercise, pranayama and meditation will have an affect.

Keep up the good work smile

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
My 30 day challenge is going well.

Yesterday I started with some gentle stretches to wake the body up, a few minutes of pranayam and meditation in the evening.

Today is pretty much the same. I love The Salute To The Sun first thing as it is so invigorating. I can feel my body uncurl after sleep. I also use breathing exercises throughout the day just to keep checking how my breathing is and to refocus my mind.

Next week I have decided to join a friends Kundalini Yoga class for 6 weeks. Looking forward to what that brings!

Anyone interested in joining us, start any time you want - its an open challenge. Keeping a record on here will get you support and encouragement from the rest of us smile

Tracy

Last edited by Tracy - Yoga; 09/24/13 11:16 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hi Diane,

I admire your re-dedication to your practice and your dedication to your sister. I hope your sister is improving with her fibromyalgia. Does/Has she tried yoga?

I've found yoga very beneficial especially for the stiffness and pain of fibromyalgia.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Tracy,

I love Sun Salutations, too. But sometimes I am too tired to do them. Fortunately, a yoga teacher taught me a modified version to do on your knees which helps.

I would love to know how the Kundalini yoga goes.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Today's Practice -

A little longer practice with some different poses. Today I did cobra pose and locust pose. I haven't done them in a while. Boy could I feel the tension in my upper back and neck on cobra. So I will go slow and work on the flexibility. I did tree pose (one of my favorites) and cat/cow pose along with stretches.

I did the same pranayama as yesterday and meditated after my yoga practice. My mind wanted to wonder more today. I continued to concentrate on "om" though and my breath.

I think I am feeling a bit more centered even with only two back to back days of practice.

How is everyone else doing?

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

D
D
Tracy and Sandra, Thank you for the kind and encouraging words. I do not believe that my sister has managed to do yoga. Her pain has been in the way. I do believe that this protocol will have her doing yoga before long. At least that is a prayer of mine. When I let the yoga slip away from me I missed it. Yet, I still managed to let it slip away. Yoga is truly life changing. Take this 30 day challenge, please! Yoga changed my life. Peace and love, Diane

T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Hi Tracy. I am currently on vacation (and of course I could do some yoga) and would like to join your challenge when I get home next week. Yeah, something to look forward to!

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Great to hear everyone's progress and enthusiasm. Glad you're feeling the benefits already Sandra. Know what you mean about Salute To The Sun. I have struggled on occasion to stretch as far as my toes some mornings.

Diane, maybe your sister could add meditation and pranayam to her day - they are also aspects of Yoga practice. Through the breathing exercises she may find some relief... I don't mean to be presumptuous, I know that certain foods cause the muscles to weaken while others strengthen them. If she is able, seated exercises are good too; such as neck rolls, fist clenches, hand and feet rotations.

Today I did an hours meditation, alternate nostril breathing and my exercise has consisted of painting and mopping! I intend to do some back stretches, spinal twists and a long shavasan!

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Tracy,

I image you got a good workout painting and mopping. Your one hour practice sounds lovely. I, usually, only do 20-30 minutes. That is the beauty of yoga. You can go at your own pace and even small amounts do wonders for your health.

Your advice to Diane's sister is very good. I have found the neck rolls and hand/feet rotations to be a big help in easing the pain of fibro. I would add some advice that a yoga instructor once gave me. She had a client with fibro who said the best thing would be to do a little each day. That kept the muscles more flexible so that they would not stiffen and hurt so much. I have done that and found it to be true. Even just one pose a day is a good way to start.

Today I continued my pranayama and most of the same stretches and poses. I did a modified version of sun salutation and included Sphinx pose before cobra. I had a lot of pain in my neck and shoulders after yesterday's practice. I think it was from not being used to cobra pose. What I mean is that I think cobra awakened those muscles and they complained. So I tried Sphinx today first to more gently stretch my neck before cobra. Seems to have worked.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Today was a very short practice. Mostly neck and shoulder rotations with some supine poses. My body was happy to do some yoga, but I could tell from experience that I was more fatigued and weak feeling today. That's when it is best for me to go very gently.

I did do pranayama and a short meditation.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Very wise Sandra. Always best to listen to your body. Pranayam will help oxygenate the blood and increase energy to the cells etc. Meditation helps bring acceptance of self and abilities, and peace to the mind.

It's right what you said, by starting with just one pose a day you will start to receive benefits.

I did an hour meditation this morning then cleaned the house! Just about to do some twists and stretches before heading out.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Thanks, Tracy. That hour of meditation sounds lovely.

Today I had a nice, fluid practice. I moved easily from one pose transitioning into the next. I included Downward Dog today.
Yogic breathing and a short meditation.

Have a lovely weekend.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hi Sandra, Sounds good. Downward Dog too! I love to do my yoga stretches in the morning as they energize me for the day. I used to go to a class every morning at 7 am - I loved it. Other commitments meant I couldn't attend after a year of going.

I'm still getting over pleurisy which took my feet for 6 months, I feel like I am rebuilding myself and still got residual pain. My practice is gentler than it used to be. The Kundalini Yoga will be challenging! Not sure if its definitely happening as numbers seem low at the moment.

Meditation and mindfulness get me through. I'm Vipasanna trained - Vipassana is a meditation technique, you have to go on a 10 day silent retreat to learn and practice it. It's like meditation bootcamp! It has stood me in good stead. I've completed around 12 courses as I love the silence and stillness it brings. Today I have meditated for 2 hours in total.

Hope you have a lovely weekend smile

D
D
Hello! I would like to elaborate on an earlier post of mine where I stated that yoga had changed my life. About 2 years ago I began practicing yoga. One of the first changes I noticed was my posture. It was pretty cool to be standing one day and realize that my shoulders were back and not in my line of vision. After practicing for about 2 months, I realized that I had not had a coke for 3 weeks. CokaCola was my coke of choice and I drank 2 to 4 per day while working. I am not sure how it happened, but even though I was carrying cokes in the cooler, I was not drinking them. I love standing straight and not being a coke drinker. Peace and love, Diane

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Diane,
That's wonderful. I know how hard it is to cut out soda and sweets. I never knew yoga could help with that. I am so glad that it worked for you. Maybe others will have similar results.

Yoga certainly is amazing.

Tracy,
Wow, 2 hours of meditation. I admire your commitment.

Sunday - A nice, slow practice with pranayama.

Today - Good breathing exercise session. Some standing poses and spinal twists. Just a short meditation.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Nice practice today. Lots of standing poses, including Eagle. Haven't done that in a while.

How is everyone else doing?

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

D
D
Hello Sandra, When I quit drinking cokes, it was quite by accident! I really think that all the twist postures helped detox, though that is just a theory of mine. I find it awesome that I do not have the CokaCola monkey on my back. I have not had my practice yet today. These days I am doing my practice at night even though I enjoy yoga of a morning. If I had not made a commitment to my sister, I know that I would not be nearly as faithful to my yoga practice. I am thankful for her devotion to her health as it keeps me devoted to my health. Peace and love, Diane

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Diane,

Your giving up cokes reminds me of a yoga experience I had. For a few years I would had trouble bringing my leg forward in sun salutations as I went to stand up. Right leg did fine, but my left leg would not move forward smoothly. Then one day it just automatically moved forward in one smooth motion. It took me a few rounds of sun salutation to realize it. I mentioned it to my instructor who smiled and said that when your body is ready to move forward it will. That is one of the powers of yoga. I think that is what happened with your soda consumption. Maybe I'm wrong, but it feels right.

Good practice yesterday and today. I'm trying some poses I haven't done in a while along with pranayama and meditation. I'm feeling stronger and more fluid.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hi there,

Thanks for continuing the conversation. Sorry for my lack of involvement. My partners dad passed away and we've had a lot to deal with. Still managed to keep up my practice tho! smile

Today I did some stretches, 10 mins pranayam and 30 minutes meditation. Will meditate again tonight and take mindfulness into the day with me.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend. Tracy

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I just ordered a new yoga video- I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm a little intimidated to go to a studio where everyone will know what they are doing.

There is a bikram yoga studio pretty close to my house... don't know why I don't just check it out.

Launa Stout
Kids Crafts/Books

T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Hi Launa. I am the Exercise Editor but I'm a yoga teacher also. I will be anxious to know what your video is and if you like it.

Are you new to yoga? Bikram is a really hard style of yoga, you might want to check it out before you take it.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Tracy,

Please let me express my condolences on the loss of your partners father. It is always difficult to lose a loved one. I hope you both can be comforted by fond memories of him.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I did practice yoga the last few days but was so busy I did get a chance to post.

I have continued to do my pranayama and asanas. I am feeling stronger as a result. Meditation has been slow to develop but I am trying to keep practicing.

By the way, Tracy or Terri, I would love to know the different types of yoga. To be honest, I forget which one I learned. I do know I was told it was a gentler style. Maybe if I see a list of styles I will be able to remember the name. lol

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hello!

Thanks Sandra for your condolences. We are getting back on track. My partner has struggled coming to terms with his lose - I know it takes time...

I've still been practicing yoga too. Been doing some stretches - Tadasan, Half Lord of the Fishes, Butterfly and Shavasana. I meditated for 30 mins and did some alternate nostril breathing for 5 minutes.

Feels good eh?

Yoga styles vary - Hatha Yoga is gentle and more based on stretches, pranayama and meditation. Ashtanga, also know as flow yoga, takes a stronger and faster approach. Bikram, also know as 'hot yoga' and generally practiced in a room heated to 40 degrees. It comprises a series of 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises. Kundalini Yoga comprises a lot of seated postures, breath of fire and postures that are held for long periods of time which helps to eradicate the ego. Hope that helps smile

Tracy

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Thanks Tracy. It would be Hatha Yoga that I was taught. For me, gentler is definitely better. Bikram would be way too hard for me.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
A very relaxing practice today. I spent more time meditating today and felt wonderful afterwards. I have been including new poses each day, working different muscle groups. I feel more flexible each day.

How are you doing with your yoga?

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hi Sandra,

That's great. Good to hear you're mixing up the poses to stretch different muscles. Fab that you have increased your meditation times - it's such a great step towards taking control of your thoughts and being conscious of what your thinking smile

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Okay, I got busy and missed two days of yoga. Boy, could I really feel it. So yesterday I practiced and felt much better. More relaxed and flexible. Will do yoga today, too.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

D
D
Hello, I did not mean to let so much time pass without a check in. Tracy, I am so sorry for your loss and the loss for your partner. Sandra, you are an inspiration. Your strength is awesome. I had a fall last week. I do not fall gracefully and this time was no exception. The day I fell, I had not done my yoga practice yet. For a few days I did gentle yoga postures for a shorter amount of time than usual. I firmly believe that continuing with my practice helped with my recovery. Peace and love, Diane

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Diane,

Thank you for the kind words. I admire your dedication to your sister. Plus, I think it showed great willpower and insight to continue with your practice after a fall. Many would have stopped altogether or unwisely tried to do their regular practice.

I hope you are feeling better and have recovered.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Thank you Diane for your kind words. I echo Sandra's words. Well done for continuing after a fall. You have been very inspiring throughout this challenge smile I can relate to what you said Sandra, it's amazing how much the flexibility is affected when you miss a day.

So glad to be part of this journey with you both and thank you for your sharing smile

Today I did some gentle stretches, walked for an hour in the rain with a friend and meditated for an hour this morning.

D
D
Hello Ladies! Thank you for the encouragement! I am doing quite well after the fall. I am back to doing my practice for at least 30 minutes. In the past, I would have used the fall as a reason to not do my practice. These days I really do not have a valid reason or excuse to break my promise to my sister. It is easier for me to break a promise to myself than break a promise to my sister. Perhaps others can find a way to make a promise to do a daily yoga practice; I suggest to make a promise to someone else! T (my sis) is doing all she can to uphold her end of our agreement and I cannot imagine being the one to break our commitment! I highly recommend trying this 30 day challenge! Yoga practice has improved my health, strength and mind! Next I need to work on meditation. Peace and love, Diane

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I agree with Diane. This 30 day challenge has really helped me to recommit to my yoga practice. I hope that more people join in.

I have enjoyed my practices over the last few days. Today, I felt rather tired but thought I would start to do a few poses. I found that I began to feel more alert so I kept going and did my normal practice. Yoga taken in steps with full awareness of my body seems to do well.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hi Sandra,

That's great that you are noticing the benefits. The secret is having full awareness, it puts you in mindfulness throughout the day and changes the stress response.

Today I meditated for 20 minutes, did some floor stretches, twists and salute to the sun. Feels good!

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I am still doing my yoga practice, pranayama, and meditation. I have been busy with my new ebook so I haven't made time to write here.

Hope everyone else is doing well with their practice.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

D
D
Hello, I have been keeping up with my yoga exercises as well! I am so enjoying the increase in my physical strength. I am 50 and currently my main gig is floor installation, so the improvement in physical health is awesome! There is a lovely place that I find when I do my yoga exercises that I have never found with conventional exercises. Time flies when I practice my yoga and that has never been how regular exercising felt. I am finding a fulfillment with my practice. I still have not begun meditation. Are there any new takers to the 30 day challenge? Peace and love, Diane

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hello smile

Great to hear you are both keeping up with your yoga practice and getting such good results. I also continue to my meditation, pranayam and postures.

Sounds like you find a deep inner peace through your practice Diane - how lovely. I think that's what makes it so addictive for me. I always feel grounded, balanced and peaceful during and after my sessions.

Good luck with the ebook Sandra!

Tracy

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hello smile

Yesterday my yoga practice consisted of walking for two hours while practicing mindfulness of breathing - total presence and awareness of self, breath and attention to my actions.

Why not try bringing total awareness to all you do each day and see what it does for your life?

When we are present and open to each moment there is no room for worry because we realise that there is nothing happening to cause us to worry - just the perfect present moment smile

Would love to hear how you get on - if you give it a go.

Tracy

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hello ladiea smile

How is the challenge going? Are you still managing to keep up your commitment? Hope you are continuing to receive the many benefits you have already shared.

Today I did a lot of floor stretches, 20 minutes meditation and 10 minutes of pranayama - ahhh!

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hello, Tracy -

The challenge is going well. I have added new poses and have practiced every day but one. I can feel the benefits increase each week.

I am trying to do more standing poses to strengthen my legs. I do pranayama each day and meditation most days. I think meditation is where I need more attention to it.

How is everyone else doing? Anyone new want to join us?

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hello Sandra,

Great to hear your progress. What meditation do you practice? Meditation is only to have awareness, either of self or the breath. When we keep focused on either of these it stops our mind running off on its own and keeps us calm and more in control of our selves.

How's the ebook going?

D
D
Hello, Ladies! I have been keeping up with my daily practice. Some poses are now coming easier and I am thrilled that I can now do poses that were impossible when I first started yoga. Sandra, how awesome that you are practicing daily. I am adding new poses too and that is very satisfying. Tracy, thank you for the link to the 21 days of gratitude. I started yesterday! At this point, I have done yoga daily for about 90 days. Pretty cool milestone if I say so myself. Peace and love, Diane

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
That is great, Diane. I am proud of you. Feels great, doesn't it?

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Tracy,

I try to concentrate on my breathing or on "OM". Any suggestions for meditation practice would be greatly appreciated.

Ebook is going well. Slow with sales, but I am learning a lot. Thanks.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Well done Diane - 90 days! smile It's so encouraging to hear your progress. Glad you like the 21 days of Gratitude.

Meditation pracitce is only a tool to help us be aware of ourselves and what thoughts we are letting run our life. Anything that helps make that happen is great. Noticing the breath and being aware of sensations in the body from a detached perspective are perfect ways to train the mind to be present. Chanting is also excellent. It helps keep the mind on a positive word or phrase and the repeating of which keeps the aura clear and enrgy levels high. I love changing the Gayatri Mantra and have it on in the house while working or I listen to it in the car and chant along Gayatri Mantra . Chanting Aum is perfect - easy to do either silently or out loud.

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hello Sandra and Diane,

Hope you are both well. How's the yoga going? Have you managed to add in any new postures, meditations or breathing exercises? Have you noticed any changes in how you feel in yourself? Are situations any easier to deal with?

I've been writing my new meditation course and continuing to do my Yoga practices. Sorry for lack of interaction!

Today is Kundalini Yoga day. The class is really intense. We have just started working through each chakra - one a week. It's the sacral chakra today. The teacher has warned us that it will be a physically challenging class - eek!

Hope you've both had a lovely weekend,
Tracy

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hey Tracy,

Good to hear from you. I have had to reduce my practice the past week since my Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia has flared up. It happens as the weather changes. I am still doing yoga, but I am doing a gentler version for now. I still feel I have been able to hold the gains I made. Once the flare-up eases and I have more energy, I will add poses again. Same goes for breathing exercises. Meditation has stayed the same.

I would love to hear more about your meditation course.

Take care. Hope everyone is doing well and continuing to practice.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

D
D
Hello, ladies! Sandra, I am so impressed that you are strong in spirit! Your devotion to your health while struggling with health issues is inspirational. I often think of you and your strength. Tracy, I have added new poses. My strength continues to improve and I do feel like my soul is responding as well. I am so excited! This last weekend I rented a booth in a new antique mall to sell my handcrafted jewelry! It is a beautiful store and just minutes from home. This was totally unexpected and I am now trying to get my jewelry ready to go into a shop! I am not panicking and I am accepting this as an awesome blessing. This blessing is a fair amount of work though! My yoga practice is still very important to me and I am continuing to practice daily. I do hope that someone will accept this 30 day challenge and change their life! Peace and love, Diane

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hi Diane,

Wow! Congratulations on the new booth - good luck with your venture. It sounds fab. So happy for you. Great to hear you are still keeping up with your yoga practice and continuing to see results. It is amazing stuff smile

I echo your words to Sandra, it takes a lot to carry on with pain and health considerations. Definitely inspirational.

Thank you both for taking this challenge and sharing your experiences. I also hope others will take the first step and reap the rewards for themselves.

Much Love,
Tracy

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hello Sandra,

I just saw that I missed your last post. Sorry! I hope the flare up has eased.

I teach several meditations. I teach an introduction to several methods - Guided, Japa/Mantra, Insight, Mindfulness and Anapana (breath awareness). I also teach the 4 stages of mindfulness and run courses to deepen the practice that include some silence for half the day. I am planning some retreats for next year and I also run a monthly group sitting for support and time to meditate in a group. I'm running an introductory course next week:)It seems to be gaining in popularity here in the UK.

Tracy

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hello Ladies,

Thank you both for your kind words. My flare up has started to ease. I do believe continuing the gentle yoga was a big help.

Tracy - Wow! I did not realize how many methods of meditation there were. I think that it is wonderful that you are helping people to find the benefits of meditation.

Diane - I am so proud of you. It takes a lot of courage to start a new venture. I wish you the best of luck! I would love to know what kind of handcrafted jewelry you make. I used to (and still do when I have time) make jewelry with beads and some wire-wrapping. I know how much time and love and artistry goes into making it.

Take care.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

D
D
Hello, Ladies! I do hope this finds y'all doing well. I got my new jewelry store set up. A few pieces have sold...whoo hoo! I am excited about the sales. In January I will be able to add more curb appeal. Sandra, how are you? I think of your strength as I work my painful hips. On the plus side, my hips do not hurt nearly as much as they had been hurting prior to the yoga. Tracy, I hope you are doing well and your partner is not overwhelmed with the holidays and the recent loss. I am still doing my yoga daily! I love how I feel. May you be blessed! Peace and love, Diane

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Diane,

It is great to hear from you. Congratulations on selling some of your jewelry. I am sure that is a great feeling of accomplishment. I am glad that you are feeling better and more flexible. I think yoga helps in so many ways. I opens up our joints and our perspectives. It gives us courage to pursue our dreams and goals. I am glad you pursued your goal with your jewelry. Have a good holiday.

I have been doing better since my flare-up. I am feeling stronger and more flexible. Yoga has been a huge help for me.

Tracy - Hope you are doing well, too. Wishing both you and your partner a good holiday.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hello Ladies

Lovely to hear from you and thank you both for your well wishes and thoughts for my partner.

It's great to hear things are still good and you are feeling the benefits of your commitment to practice yoga.

Congratulations on getting the jewelry set up and selling well. It must feel great to sell things that you've created.

Glad you're feeling stronger and more flexible Sandra :)That's great news.

Wishing you deep peace and joy through the festive season
Tracy

D
D
Happy New Year! I do hope this finds all well. We had a lovely Christmas and a very laid back New Year's Eve. I hope that someone will find this forum and decide to take this 30 day challenge as a New Year's resolution! 30 days is not very long AND it will change your life. So, if you are looking for a new you and a new outlook, take this 30 day challenge. It will cost no money as there are thousands of free yoga videos available online. I have missed 1 day of yoga since I began a daily yoga practice at the beginning of August 2013. There are so many improvements in my life that include greater strength, body toning and a more calm mind and heart. The improved strength really makes a difference because I remodel homes and install flooring for a living and I turn 51 years old in less than 1 week. Sandra, I pray that winter is not whooping you! My hips are not too bad, and when they hurt while doing my practice, I think of you. I so admire your strength. Tracy, thank you for the challenge! Perhaps there will be some new takers of this challenge for the new year! Peace and love, Diane

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Happy New Year!

Thanks for your message Diane, so good to hear about your journey and I am also hoping others take the 30 day challenge. Wow, you only missed one day! That's impressive. I hope both your experiences inspire others to follow suit and take the challenge.

Happy birthday for next week :)(I celebrate my 50th this year!)

Hope all is good with you Sandra and you are managing to stay strong with your many strategies and strength of courage to keep going when things seem tough.

Peace and love to you both, and here's to a healthy and happy 2014.

Tracy

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hi Diane and Tracy,

Diane - I am impressed! That is a great accomplishment to only miss one day. Sadly, I missed a few more than that through the holidays. You make a good point that there are many free sources to learn yoga. I am glad to hear of the many benefits you have experienced. It is true for me too. And I really notice if I miss a practice.

I do have more trouble with stiffness in the winter. Doing yoga in a warm room helps a lot.

And Diane - Let me wish you Happy Birthday.

Tracy- I look at your BellaOnline photo and can't believe you will turn 50 this year. You look too young. Another benefit of yoga?

Take care ladies. I, too, hope others join our challenge. We may have some people taking the challenge who prefer to not post in the forums.

Sandra

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

K
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
K
They say that genius is thinking of what then seems obvious. It has never occurred to me that one can practice pranayama one day, asana a different day, etc. I try to chant my manta in the AM, but I generally think that I'm not doing enough yoga because my asana practice isn't daily. What a great idea! I also need to remind myself that restorative yoga definitely counts as yoga. It's an area that I love and one that I dream of teaching one day.

"....and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." - John Lennon
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.