Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#839242 09/23/13 01:36 AM
T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hi there smile

Why not take this 30 day challenge and see how practicing asana, pranayam and meditation can affect your life?

I suggest either practicing any variation of all three daily
OR
Meditation one day, breathing exercises the next, asana the next
OR
Any other way it would fit into your lifestyle.

It's a great idea to keep a journal, note changes in your body and health, in your emotional well-being and any positive changes you experience.

The important thing is to give it a chance. You may get rid of long term chronic health conditions, or reduce the symptoms. You many find inner peace and more energy. Whatever benefits you can receive you will never know, unless you give it a go!

Would love to hear from anyone who is going to take this on and how you progress through the 30 days.

Tracy smile

Last edited by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor; 01/12/15 08:03 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Tracy,

I have started to take your 30 Day Challenge. I love to do yoga, but I have started to miss my practice daily. I practice one of the gentlest forms of yoga right now. That's because I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. The thing is I know the yoga helps tremendously with both conditions. I have just neglected my practice. So I am going to take your challenge to get back on track. And maybe as we take the challenge someone else with health problems will realize that they, too, can do a little yoga each day to help themselves.

So -

Yesterday - a short practice; I do a lot of neck and shoulder stretches to yoga breath (even though it is not necessarily yoga poses all the time, I think concentrating on the breath makes it more yogic); pranayama first - yoga breathing and alternate nostril breathing; and lying down spinal twists. Meditation separately in the morning.

Today - same pranayama, cat/cow pose, tree pose, lying spinal twist, plus other stretches to yoga breathing, meditation afterwards

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

D
D
Hello, I fell in love with yoga a while ago and then missed a day, then some days and then, well it is easy to fall out of practice. Around the beginning of August I found a reason to begin my practice again and to be faithful. My sister and I made a commitment to each other that she would follow her new fibromyalgia protocol for her health and I would do yoga every day for my health. I have myself convinced that if I miss a day it will affect her health, may not be true, but it is effective. I now will break the "yoga rules" (I cannot manage to find 4 hours when I can practice and not eat supper, or breakfast or lunch), so that I honor my commitment. She too, is committed to her end of the deal. Yoga changed my life the first time around and I am excited with the changes that yoga is bringing to my life again. Peace and love, Diane

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hello Sandra,

Thanks so much for sharing your journey. You've definitely inspired me! Hopefully, like you say, others will give it a go. It is amazing how even a gently practice can help long term conditions.

Keep us posted on your progress smile

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hi Diane,

Thank you smile The commitment you and your sister have made is admirable. Great to hear how it is helping you. Even short periods of exercise, pranayama and meditation will have an affect.

Keep up the good work smile

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
My 30 day challenge is going well.

Yesterday I started with some gentle stretches to wake the body up, a few minutes of pranayam and meditation in the evening.

Today is pretty much the same. I love The Salute To The Sun first thing as it is so invigorating. I can feel my body uncurl after sleep. I also use breathing exercises throughout the day just to keep checking how my breathing is and to refocus my mind.

Next week I have decided to join a friends Kundalini Yoga class for 6 weeks. Looking forward to what that brings!

Anyone interested in joining us, start any time you want - its an open challenge. Keeping a record on here will get you support and encouragement from the rest of us smile

Tracy

Last edited by Tracy - Yoga; 09/24/13 11:16 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hi Diane,

I admire your re-dedication to your practice and your dedication to your sister. I hope your sister is improving with her fibromyalgia. Does/Has she tried yoga?

I've found yoga very beneficial especially for the stiffness and pain of fibromyalgia.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Tracy,

I love Sun Salutations, too. But sometimes I am too tired to do them. Fortunately, a yoga teacher taught me a modified version to do on your knees which helps.

I would love to know how the Kundalini yoga goes.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Today's Practice -

A little longer practice with some different poses. Today I did cobra pose and locust pose. I haven't done them in a while. Boy could I feel the tension in my upper back and neck on cobra. So I will go slow and work on the flexibility. I did tree pose (one of my favorites) and cat/cow pose along with stretches.

I did the same pranayama as yesterday and meditated after my yoga practice. My mind wanted to wonder more today. I continued to concentrate on "om" though and my breath.

I think I am feeling a bit more centered even with only two back to back days of practice.

How is everyone else doing?

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

D
D
Tracy and Sandra, Thank you for the kind and encouraging words. I do not believe that my sister has managed to do yoga. Her pain has been in the way. I do believe that this protocol will have her doing yoga before long. At least that is a prayer of mine. When I let the yoga slip away from me I missed it. Yet, I still managed to let it slip away. Yoga is truly life changing. Take this 30 day challenge, please! Yoga changed my life. Peace and love, Diane

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.