Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#833875 08/14/13 05:45 PM
M
OP Offline
M

"Does the Bible promote or prohibit praying to angels, Mary or saints?"

Answer: While there is no verse which explicitly states, “You shall not pray to angels,” it is abundantly clear that we are not to pray to angels. Ultimately, prayer is an act of worship. And, just as angels reject our worship (Revelation 22:8-9), so they would also reject our prayers. Offering our worship or prayer to anyone but God is idolatry.
There are also several practical and theological reasons why praying to angels is wrong. Christ Himself never prayed to anyone but the Father. When asked by His disciples to teach them to pray, He instructed them, “This, then, is how you should pray: 'Our Father in heaven…’” (Matthew 6:9; Luke 11:2).
His prayers usually requests assistance that could only be granted by someone with omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent powers. Praying to angels, Mary, saints or anybody ells would be ineffective because they are created beings and do not possess these blessing powers. The masses are deceived (Rev. 12:9) by the god of this world (II Cor. 4:4), who uses his ministers as instruments to spread the most popular false gospel, about worshipping angels. Make no mistake about this:
You can never make a fool out of God.
This concept is blatantly unbiblical, and is an insult to Jesus Christ and the
Holy Spirit.
There is an occasion in John 14:13 when Christ Himself tells believers that whatever we ask in His name, He will accomplish because He pleads directly with the Father. Offering a prayer up to angels would fall short of an effective and biblically guided prayer. A second occasion in which Christ mentions that prayers must be offered up in His name alone occurs in John 16:26. This verse conveys the message that, after Christ's ascension to heaven, He acts as an intercessor to the Father for all believers. Neither angels, Mary, saints nor any other created being is ever depicted as an intercessor with the Father. Only the Son and the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:26) can intercede before the Father’s throne.
1Timothy 2:5 declares, "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." There is no one else that can mediate with God for us. If Jesus is the ONLY mediator, that indicates Mary and the saints cannot be mediators. They cannot mediate our prayer requests to God. Further, the Bible tells us that Jesus Christ Himself is interceding for us before the Father:
Whenever the Bible mentions praying to or speaking with the dead, it is in the context of sorcery, witchcraft, necromancy, and divination—activities the Bible strongly condemns

Abba4youall.net

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
We do not worship Mary, angels or saints but we do ask them to pray for us.

Last edited by Angie; 08/14/13 05:59 PM.
M
OP Offline
M
Dear Angie,
It is still an insult to Jesus, it look like He is not doing His job and you have no faith in Him.
You know what I mean? God Bless you.

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Do you ever ask a friend to keep you in their prayers? I do and I also ask Mary, angels and the saints to pray for me as well. I also have long prayer sessions with Jesus because I do have faith in Him.

A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Angie, I pray to the Mother all the time. She has saved my life several times and I have much love for Her. Blessings

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
There is a prayer dedicated to the Blessed Mother called the Hail Mary that I say all the time. It very accepted in the Catholic religion. At the end it asks the Blessed Mother to pray for us. Even when I am not praying I speak to the Mother very frequently, and she has helped me often in times of need. I do think She has influence and power. I know many devout Catholics who pray to the Blessed Mother all the time and they have received help.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I visited Mary's House in Ephesus Turkey just recently. It was a very moving experience.

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.