logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
I guess it's fair to point out that it's spring in the northern hemisphere, but fall in the southern....but for now I'm only speaking to those of us experiencing spring. How does it get your creative ideas going? I know the sun and the flowers really start me thinking about new beginnings, sweeping out the old, and of course, gardening. I believe this week's article will pertain to gardening and how it can reflect creativity in so many ways.

And let's not forget the great spring motifs for mixed media and all forms of crafting and art. I'm a handspinner of yarn, and the fiber festivals will be gearing up soon. I'm looking forward to getting some new fleeces and doing some natural dyeing with things we have around the farm.

So what does spring do to you?

Cara

Cara Randall
Creativity Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
P
I notice I become restless in the spring if nothing new is coming into my life. Whether it's a new book, a new hobby, or a new skill, I need to find something fresh to discover. I haven't been writing that much lately. My words and ideas aren't flowing as easily, and I feel a bit stuck creatively. I've decided to try working with daily writing prompts to get the writing blood pumpin'. Cara, you said you live on a farm. Lucky, lucky you. I think being closer to the wildness of nature can be a gift when the seasons change. Far from the hustle of the city, you may be more cognizant of your subtler feelings when in the presence of raw nature.

P
P
Oops! I should have said I need to find something fresh to EXPLORE. PotPie

C
OP Offline
C
It's funny, for a long time I thought the best thing was to move from the country and get closer to civilization. It's hard to get decent internet access out here, and we have to drive about an hour to get to any interesting events or shops. That gets old. I've lived here for most of my life, and being 43 now, I thought I wanted to have a change. Now I'm realizing what I'd be giving up by doing that, and how much of myself is rooted here. Even if it's not very interesting and we have to take long trips to see new things, I think spring time in the country simply can't be matched!

Cara Randall
Creativity Site
M
M
I do keep busy my self with something unique to do all the time. There is lots of stuff around us. I love spring most and even like to make it more creative with some creative ideas and searching for that.

M
Shark
Shark
M
Well, my sister makes sachets for us. They are cute and nice-smelling.

Come to pandahall to get your fashionable jewelry.
S
S
Crafts are a great way to pass the time, so capture the warm spring sun with a sun catcher or make a wreath for the door to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this spring. Kids have such creative minds, and they’ll love the feeling of finger paint and Play dough in their fingers. Find some spring craft ideas that you can do with your preschooler on these seven blog posts.

Last edited by ScrapFriends; 09/11/13 09:19 PM.

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.