Next Thread
Print Thread
#834856 08/25/13 03:40 PM
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
N
Anyone here going to watch? If so who are the players you are rooting for?

My favorite player is Rafael Nadal so I'll be watching every matches of his (hopefully on TV and LIVE and ENTIRELY).

As for the women I hate following women in sports but I love to watch Serena and Venus. In the past I followed a few other women (Kim Clijsters, Steffi Graf, Monica Seles and Amelie Mauresmo). Tennis is actually one of the three sports where I can watch women play a sport (gymnastic and figure skating are the other sports).

When I saw that this year they will finally go back to giving a day of rest before the final I thought it was a joke then I thought I had read wrong. It was about time they did that again, athletes are not machines! Women only play two of three so it does not really matter for them but men play three of five! Plus these idiots finally are at least thinking about putting a roof, maybe we'll get lucky and have a roof there in twenty years smirk!

This may very well be the last time I will watch Tennis so I hope Ralfie wins it!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
OP Offline
N
Ralfie won his first match! It was not fun for me since the majority of the match was missed by me, I had opened a window on my computer with the match and of course when it was cut to something else on the television the image was frozen on the internet (and of course when it was the match of Venus on [wanted to know when Ralfie's match would be] and before the players came and during the practice and when it started everything was fine...it was when it was not on tv anymore that it was a frozen image...of course) on the internet so I spent most of that match listening to the match while watching the television on mute hoping they would come back to my match (and just to laugh at me when they came back to show the last game [minus the first point that i saw] it had stopped being frozen), sometimes even the sound would froze (at first during the commercials i was trying several other windows then i mistakenly closed the window with the sound and it took me several minutes to find it again...did not touch my computer after that except to close the sound when it was back on tv and to get the sound back up when it was cut)!

N
OP Offline
N
Ralfie won his second match! Again it was not fun for me to watch, I did find a place on the internet to watch when it was not on television that was not frozen and as a bonus for me they were speaking Spanish and since I do not speak that language I could not understand them but these idiots cut to the match I was waiting to end so I had to find another place and I missed many minutes there!

N
OP Offline
N
Ralfie won his third match! Of course it was again mostly on the internet, this time the image often frozen and even the sound too sometimes, once in a while there was a commercial taking most of the screen lasting thirty seconds and the first times I did not see the countdown and by accident I clicked on the screen just when the commercial disappeared and it paused the screen so I lost some of the game then!

N
OP Offline
N
Ralfie won his fourth match, I knew that match would be difficult but not that much, I was not stressed though, I knew he would come through this the winner! Almost 100% of the match was watched on the internet (the first place decided to cut away so i had to find another place...the first place had a 30 seconds commercials every minutes and the second sometimes had a commercial appearing but i could close it) I only saw the last game of the second set, parts of the sixth game of the fourth set (second, third and last points) and the last game on television!

N
OP Offline
N
Ralfie won his Quarter Finals and I was able to watch it 100% on television! I would of loved to see him play Federer but I knew he would find a way to lose before this match so to not get crushed again by Ralfie!

N
OP Offline
N
Ralfie is in the Final!

N
OP Offline
N
Ralfie won!

Rarely have I been scared (nervous yes) before and during one of his matches and today I was scared! This match was epic!

I always love when Djokovic loses because I hate him and I also hate the people he is with, they (except his girlfriend...never saw her act like that) all have this smug arrogant face when he is winning so seeing their faces welcome the reality that he is in trouble and that he is losing is always a nice bonus!

If the health of Rafael Nadal can stay with him then he will retire with the best statistics in every category and he deserves it because not only he is the most talented Tennis player of all time he is not arrogant and he is not a cheater!

Moderated by  Sandy - Golf+Tennis Pro 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.