Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
dimo, lia hunter, AnaRuggeri, DolphinNose, chrisandiano
58316 Registered Users
Forum Stats
58,316 Registered Members
417 Forums
119,022 Topics
844,843 Posts

Most users ever online: 615 @ 04/22/15 10:11 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Nancy Roussy 244
Mona - Astronomy 130
Celestine - Baptist Editor 50
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading 41
Angie 32
Angela - Drama Movies 24
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 22
Angel S. Class 16
Susan Helene Kramer 15
Korie - California/Yoga/Knitting Editor 13
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#836805 - 09/08/13 01:42 AM Furkids - Pets for the Childfree
Patricia - No Kids Offline

What kind of furkid do you have?

Furkids - Pets for the Childfree

Living Without Children - Automated Note
For New Visitors: This forum exists as a support community for people who are living a child-free existence. This area is here to help nurture, inspire and educate those who, for whatever reason, are living their lives without children in the home.

Posts made here must be supportive of this lifestyle choice. Comments should not question a person's decision to or reasons for being child free. Those negative comments are called "bingoing" or "trolling" and are not allowed. Please be sure you are aware of this forum's intentions and rules before posting!

#836826 - 09/08/13 02:55 AM Re: Furkids - Pets for the Childfree [Re: Patricia - No Kids]
Sandra Investing/HFinance Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Lol - I never knew they were called furkids. I have two furkids. Both are cats. Both of them "came" to me. In fact, I have had many cats over the years. All of them were rescued.

They are well-loved and cared for. They understand what you are saying, at least in their own way. They bring love and joy to me and I hope I have returned the kindness.

It is so sad the number of pets who are euthanized. It would be wonderful to see all the animals get loving homes.
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

#836829 - 09/08/13 03:13 AM Re: Furkids - Pets for the Childfree [Re: Patricia - No Kids]
Burt B. Offline
Chipmunk

Goodness Gracious and Geeze Manize !!

Got 3 girls and 2 boys Furkid kitty cats at home.

And, a bird Maggie Pie.

Then at the worksite, a chow, Bit Bit or Little Bit.

A cat punkin' and a new little kitty learning the ropes from punkin' head !!!

Every single one is a rescue and refugee from bad homes !!

#836836 - 09/08/13 05:29 AM Re: Furkids - Pets for the Childfree [Re: Patricia - No Kids]
Grace - Mystery Movies Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Oceanside, CA
We have two rescue firkids - Sadie (my avatar) is a 10yo lab / water spaniel mix, and Seraphina is an 11yo Ragdoll / Maine Coon mix kitty. We got them both at an older age, because not so many older pets get rehomed.

I unashamedly refer to myself as 'Mommy' and why not? How much better to have furkids who are well-treated and loved to bits, than human kids you don't really want and probably won't parent in a good way.

Mystery Movies Site
Mystery Movies Forum

#837157 - 09/10/13 01:18 AM Re: Furkids - Pets for the Childfree [Re: Sandra Investing/HFinance]
Patricia - No Kids Offline

I have two furkids, two little Morkies named Coco and Kenya. They are cute, fun, and very loving. But they are also a lot of work, can't imagin a life without furkids

#837468 - 09/11/13 04:32 AM Re: Furkids - Pets for the Childfree [Re: Patricia - No Kids]
4Ferrets Offline

Loc: Canada
I have four furkids. My husband's allergic to cats and our lifestyle is not suitable for a dog, so we have four goofy ferrets.

#859620 - 03/18/14 04:37 AM Re: Furkids - Pets for the Childfree [Re: Patricia - No Kids]
Brandi Brumley Offline

My husband and I have four fur-children. We have two Maltese, one boy and one girl, and we also have a Havanese furbaby and a Cockapoo furbaby. We also had a Scottie and a Yorkie, but they both passed last year within 7 weeks of each other. Our Scottie passed away at the age of 8 with bladder cancer and our Yorkie died at age 16 of old age. We do not regret not having human children at all as our fur-children provide us with so much happiness, love, companionship, and laughter, we do not feel we are missing a thing.

#860357 - 03/26/14 11:34 AM Re: Furkids - Pets for the Childfree [Re: Patricia - No Kids]
swearbear Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Washington, DC
We have 1 golden retriever named Maggie Piddlepads and 3 rescue rats: Pigsy, Watson, and Michael Crick.

#886246 - 02/03/15 05:56 AM Re: Furkids - Pets for the Childfree [Re: Patricia - No Kids]
jcorvette Offline
Amoeba

we have yorkshire terrier.she is a great furbaby. she was diagnosed with a tumor on her pancreas last month. her insulin output is 5 times normal levels. we are keeping her appetite satisfied. she gained a few pounds but thats ok. shes not in pain. she does have episodes of disorientation and weakness in her legs ooccasionally... weve lost pets before..bu this little girl is very special to us. just typing about it make me sad. we will make sure she doesnt suffer or go through operations that cause distress. we should have two or more years with her. shes is a great travel and camping dog.. yorkies are small but fearless as any big dog...her name is maggie.

#888346 - 03/11/15 11:08 PM Re: Furkids - Pets for the Childfree [Re: Patricia - No Kids]
jcorvette Offline
Amoeba

we have the most adorable yorkshire terrier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Paper Crafts
12:10 PM
Broth Bowls for Family ADD Nutrition
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
11:05 AM
Tarantula Nebula (30 Doradus) *new article*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
10:50 AM
2017: Astronomy and Space on this day
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
09:37 AM
It came from beyond the Solar System
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
09:27 AM
What is your opinion on weight loss products?
by jodirose
Weight Loss
08:40 AM
What exercise did you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Exercise
07:14 AM
What are you looking forward to today?
by Nancy Roussy
Self Development
05:34 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
05:33 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
05:31 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.