logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#825218 06/09/13 04:07 PM
F
OP Offline
F
I've recently taken an interest in Tarot reading, being that during a viewing of Lawrence of Arabia, the Fool card found me outside of the theater, face down. I actually didn't take a look at the card right away, placing it into my pocket and thinking that it was a 9 of diamonds or something, until a few minutes later when I thought I had lost my debit card and when I searched my pocket, feeling something rectangular and thinking it was my plastic money, it turned out to be the fool. I thought, "Ha, makes sense, thanks universe." Having very little knowledge of the tarot, I checked out what It meant when I got home and it seemed to add up where I was in my life. What made things more interesting is the fools journey, the symbolism and paradigm paralleling a story I had written about 7 years ago after witnessing a dead man on the side of the road. It wasn't the exact characters on the major arcana that matched but what they meant was what was intriguing. I've been studying the tarot for about 3 months now, doing readings on myself, but not jumping to too many conclusions, being a novice. Yet recently my life has taken a turn, having leaving the film industry and getting back into D.I.Y sequential art (comics and graphic novels) and questioning most of my values and friendships. Most readings I've done seem to be telling me the same thing along the lines of, "take time out of your life to meditate on what you need and then act and change is coming." I recently did a reading and wanted to know if my thoughts where similar to others who study the art. The reading was from a Universal Waite deck and was a 3 card reading this... (Past) Hanged Man Reversed, (Present) The Moon, (Future) Justice I'd like to hear others predictions before I give me own. Thanks

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Did you just use the Major Arcarna? If this was from the full pack then three Major ones are very significant indeed. My first thoughts are that you are you coming out of a period of stagnation, are still working towards what you want to do. Taking a more structured approach to your work and life will help you get where you want to be, and provide an effective balance to your intuitive and artistic side.

Hope that helps

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
F
OP Offline
F
Yes, it was from the full deck. I do small pulls here and there but when I put my mind on the matter, I usually pull something that makes me take a step back. Your read is spot on. For awhile I was in film, mostly for the wrong reasons, and took a 2 week "vaca" ala 4 of swords. Once I decided to get back into drawing and focus on art rather than an industry, the moon card kept popping up. Now, from what i've learned from good ole Alejandro Jodorowsky and the marseille tarot deck is that the moon is the mother goddess, receptivity, poetry and madness. These are definitely reoccurring themes in my life right now, madness constantly lurking. :) But focus has always been and issue for me, so LEARNING almost anything was very hard, even thou I do have some talent in the field of drawing. I would teach myself and I would be somewhat satisfied. Yet, as I look at various art and say, "yea, that fits the tone, that's how I'd like it to look for my graphic novel," I know the only way to get there is to study and practice, unless I find another artist. I agree that taking a more structured approach is necessary if I want to achieve those goals.

F
OP Offline
F
oh, and thank you!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
My pleasure smile

On the learning front you may find constructing a Memory Palace as used by people from Ancient Greece to the late Middle Ages. To help you build it this article on Enhancing Your Visualisation Skills may be of use.

Hope this helps

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
F
OP Offline
F
Never got around to thanking you for pointing me in the direction of the memory palace. It's been awhile since I've hit the forum, but considering i'll be looking for other's opinions on a script i've written using the Fool's Journey Paradigm instead of The Hero's Journey, i'll be back more often. Thanks again, Flynn

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.