Next Thread
Print Thread
#834067 08/17/13 04:44 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
England’s Lake District, one of the country’s National Parks, has inspired writers and poets ranging from Arthur Ransome to William Wordsworth. The landscape includes the deepest lakes and the highest mountain in England.

Lake District Writers

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
This is a topic dear to my heart!
Growing up in England, the Lake District (Westmorland/Cumbria) was the "go to" place with my parents. My parents were hikers in their young days, which carried over with myself and my 2 younger sisters.

My favorite place on this earth is Tarn Howes. My dad and I swam in that cold, cold lake when I was 12. We hiked many, many trails in all kinds of weather, and when I was courting my sweetheart, we too would go hitch-hiking, staying in youth hostels and trekking until we blistered our heels.

Those were the best days of my life. Too many places to tell of here, but trust me...if you ever get the chance anybody...go there! It's the most beautiful, unspoiled place I have ever seen. And the people are really, really nice and friendly!

I sat in William Wordsworth's school desk which is situated in Ambleside at a little museum school house. And I visited Beatrix Potter's house. You get chills when you do that.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Allyson you evoke the memories beautifully - thank you. The Lake District has been a source of inspiration for so many artists and writers - I always recommend, if they have time, that visitors to England visit the area.

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

Moderated by  Sarah - English Culture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.