logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#834036 08/16/13 04:16 PM
OP Offline
Killing Barred Owls in the name of science and salvation has already begun in the Pacific Northwest. A beautiful bird, under assault for being... well, a bird. This action is exposed and chronicled in the Bellaonline Birding Website article entitled: Killing Barred Owls.

Last edited by Carrie - Birding Editor; 08/16/13 04:24 PM.

Best regards,

Carrie McLaughlin
Birding Editor, Bellaonline
Sponsored Post Advertisement
OP Offline
Who, working in concert with the USFWS, proposed and relentlessly propounded this unscientific and unfounded practice of killing a native raptor without evidence or a proper trial? See my new article "Killing Barred Owls- Who Are The Players?" on the Birding site homepage of Bellonline.com.

Best regards,

Carrie McLaughlin
Shark
Shark
Carrie, to your absolute credit, you sure do not hold back any well-deserved punches in your hard hitting article/series on the wanton and needless sanctioned killing of the Barred Owls.

It seems like the predatory "players" are the ones in need of some slaying (figuratively speaking, I think?) in the name of "preservation."

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
You've certainly done your research, Carrie. Thank you for sharing all of that information with us.

I find the entire situation to be a bit sickening. It reminds me of the nightmare of the BLM (Bureau of Land Management) tracking down and capturing wild horses, claiming that the horses are running out of grazing land or are infringing upon land used for raising cattle. Of course there is no credibility to this claim. But no matter how many protest, these beaurocrats get their way. In the end all they do is put in danger these magnificent animals, some of which are injured or die in the process. This living legacy of our history should be left alone for future generations to come.....but no. The BLM separates these horses from their herd families and disrupts their lives. The members of the BLM should be ashamed, but as in the owl situation, it is just pure arrogance that is unfortunately tolerated in this country.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
OP Offline
Hello, Edward!

You sound like a new birding buddy of mine. His ingenious suggestion, as a matter of fact, was that I should have entitled the piece: Who Are The Slayers? Great minds think alike...? :-)

And, actually, I have held back. There is so much information out there that contradicts what the principals in this drama are doing.

If I were writing an in-depth expose for the Washington Post or New York Times or Boston Globe or Atlanta Monthly, or National Geographic, etc. there would be a deluge of information that would come to the fore. But I am trying to get the readers here to at least have enough information to create a desire to learn more and to seriously question what the government is doing with their money, in their name. Not only that, but I want them to have truthful information which they can confidently use to stop this travesty.

Best regards,

Carrie McLaughlin
OP Offline
You are welcome, Debbie. And I thank you for saying so. This has been a lot of hard work, and it is nice to hear from a reader that it is appreciated.

I know exactly what you mean about the mustangs. I remember weeping over that subject countless times when I was a little girl, and signing the petitions to Congress over and over again until- happy day!- our governmental leaders finally signed off on protecting our mustangs. And then growing up to find out that unscrupulous, devious employees of the government had found ways to subvert our laws. And then growing up some more to find out that our law makers know about it, and do nothing.

I have a young stallion. He runs freely in long bottom land pastures. I have been to the mustang sales. I have seen their stark fear and abject confusion- and even, most pitifully of all, their depressed resignation. I know, Debbie...

Best regards,

Carrie McLaughlin
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
We have something in common, Carrie. I have horses as well, two mares. They enjoy spacious turnout, and I would have it no other way. You and I understand these magnificent creatures and how their spirits can be crushed. The wild mustangs should be left as is.......wild.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.