Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

From the book UNDERSTANDING OUR MIND ,BT THICH NHAT HANH.
TNH is a Mahayana Master.Much has been said about the cycle of
InterdependantCo-Arising that is based on Ignorance.But little has been said about Interdependant Co-rising basd on TRUE MIND.
The Buddha said that when ignorance ends there is understanding,just as when night ends there is daylight.If we put an end to ignorance,understanding will be there.In he cycle of causes and conditions that is on understanding.the implulses that bring about suffering are not present.The nature of Awakening is the energy that gives rise to impulses that bring about wisdom.Deluded consciousness brings about the body and mind that suffer.Wisdom brings about the body and MIND OF THE BUDDHA.

LOONG
simple buddhist.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

The teachings of Interdependent Co-arising,therefore ,should include a cycle based on deluted mind.The cycle based on true Mind as well as a cycle based on deluted Mind.The cycle based of understanding is the world of the Avatamsaka-he sun ,flowers ,animals,forests,and all things that are wonderful -not the world based on ignorance,where all these things are seen as unsatisfactoty and there is always the craving for something else.

loong
simple buddhist

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
to all or none,The same sun shines each day,yet one day we are joyfull and the next day we suffer.If our house is burdened ,our world is one of suffering.If our heart is light and open,unfettered by internal formations,the world is beautiful.True MIND conditions the world of suchness and happiness,because it is not caught in attachment.

This text was taken from the book ";understanding our Mind : by THICH NHAT HANH

Loong
simple MINDED buddhist wink

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
"
If your Mind is clouded with ideas or notions ,you cannot see things directly.During a retreat for Vietnam Vets,many years ago ,one man told me that for many years he could only see a Vietnamese person as a threat,an enenmy.When he first arrived at the retreat and saw me ,a Vietnamese monk,He beleived that I was his ennemy.Later, thanks
to the practice,he discovered that it was not true.Another student once told me that he can accept life and death are happening in each and every moment of our daily life--that life and death are inter-are,but he wondered whether it is possible for us to continue after our body disintegrates .He asked "how can the brain imagine after it disintegrates,and ,therefore,how can we conceive of a continuation?

If you look deeply in the present moment you can see.Each of my students carries me within him/herself.Right now in this city of Moscow,someone is breathing and is smiling ,THAT IS ME!"

from the book :understanding your Mind,by MASTER THICH NHAT HANH.

loong
simple buddhist.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

This post is not from the Book.It is from me.

Master THICH NHAT HANH has opened a new field ,with his seeds etc.I always beleived that I was the only one that knew my Mind.
I was so right.!

loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

I posted in Mindfulness training apoem by Master THICH NHAT HANH
to monks in vietnam during the war there.What will follow is his comment on that POEM.

Before I wrote this poem,I spent a long time looking deeply .If we are not reconciled with our killers at the time of death ,It is
extremely painful to die.
When we feel reconciled and have some compasssion for them,we suffer much less.One of my students,NHAT CHI MAI, immolated herself as a call to the two warring parties to sit down together and end the war.Before she set fire to herselfshe read this poem into a tape recorder,twice.When we look deeply into the nature of interdependence and see that the person harming us is also a victim.-Of his family,his society,his environment-
understanding arises naturallyWith understanding there is empathy and reconciliation.Understanding always LEADS TO LOVE.When we have love and compassion ,we do not have anger and we do not suffer.Our fear ,anxiety sorrow,despair,and hopelessness are what causes us to suffer.The ability to see the interdependent nature of all things leads to compassion ur hearts and keeps us from suffering,even w2when people betray us and cause us harm.When we are able to love others in spite of their misdeeds,we are already a Bodhisattva."

Loong's comment;When I awoke the morning after my stabbing in the back by a poor stoned young man ,my first thought was for him .
a thought of compassion ,because he just had ruined a good part of his life.He would have to live with the karma of his action.
This poor young man can get up to 14 years in prison.
If it were to me to decice,I would put him back on the street,and give him a second chance of not being an ignorant as Buddha called those who did not live a spiritual life am
nd were in the grip of MARA.Far from me to consider myself a Bodhisattva but at least I have entered Bodhicitta.

loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none.

text chosen at random. From the book UNDERSTANDING OUR MIND,

By MASTER THICH NHAT HANH

Maturation is the ripe fruit of our consciousness .At the time of maturation ,our conscsiousness seeks to dwell in the stage that is the closest to the sum of our actions.If we have an action in our store consciousness associated with addiction to cocaine,the force of attraction of like to like naturally leads us to associate with others who like drugs.Maturation of the fruit in consciousness leads us towards one of the realms in a very deep way.

loong

Pretty soon I will drop this thread ,and come up with something different.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Do you know if we did not have a store consiousness,we would not have a LIFE?
All eight consciousness are important.However let us say you do not have one of the sense consciousness,hearing,you would still memories except sounds .Store consciousness is the producer of what you beleive your life is.No STORE CONSCIOUSNESS =no MEMORY.
Bummer.That is what happened to me a few years ago when I got part
of my brain dammaged,lost most of my memory.
Childhood,infancy,teenager marriage almost all gone.Destroyed
But The Real master Is Mind ,no Mind ,No LIFE>

During the cold war the Americans and russians filled their spies store consciousnesses with secret acts through drugs etc.
The worst part was that if an agent was caught and given drugs to
make him talk ,the russians and americans put BOMBS in the store consciousnesses of the spies and when they were about to crack ,
and reveal the secrets ,the bomb in the store consciousness would wipe clean the store consciousness leaving a vegetable person
with no memory at all .That is how importnt one must select the seeds he lets in in his store consciousness ,to be sure that he becomes a full happy and blissfull human

loong
missing part of my memory.However it's the past so!!!!

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Text ,one of the last taken from UNDERSTANDING OUR MIND ,BY MASTER
THICH NHAT HANH.

MENTAL FORMATIONS.

They arise with the Universal,particular,and wholesome,the basic and secondary unwholesome,and the indeterminate mental formations"

loong

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.