Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I think much of this can depend on the specific group of people one is with. Like JodieMT said, you can easily find a group of creative people and feel like you're all fantastic together and having a lot of fun. It can be inspiring to be surrounded by creative souls. On the other hand you can find yourself amongst people who prize "down to earth reality" and who are not as open to creative ideas. So it can be challenging there.

I think much of life is finding people who are on the same "wavelength" as you are, so they understand you and you understand them.

Variety of course is good as well! But sometimes it's nice to be in a setting where you can let your creative juices flow and enjoy that.

I think that's why writer's retreats and creative retreats are so popular! Everyone can have lots of fun being creative smile.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames

I think much of life is finding people who are on the same "wavelength" as you are, so they understand you and you understand them.

I think that's why writer's retreats and creative retreats are so popular! Everyone can have lots of fun being creative smile.

That's why I enjoy going to various "Meet Up" groups and associating with peeps with common creative interests. smile

Affirmation CDs & Spiritual Gifts
http://www.positiveaffirmationsandaudiostories.co.uk

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Jenny What kind of a writer are you? (novels, short stories, news, poetry, technical stuff, online stuff, recipes, etc.) I also work from home in the crafting business and I frequently have people wonder "what I do all day!" I am an Independent Demonstrator for the Stampin' Up! Company. I teach people how to discover their creative side through papercrafts, scrapbooking, card making, altered & recycled art and other things using paper & art supplies. I love my job but it's difficult to explain to others how I can work "all day" doing crafts.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Dear SandraJ -

Welcome!

I think artists have always run into this problem. Poets are called dreamers and painters are told to get a "real job" smile. And then in the end society is stunned by Mozart and DaVinci. The artists are the ones we treasure through the centuries, not the bankers or insurance agents whose names have long since become forgotten.

So I think part of being creative is to find other creative souls to help you get through the "now" - and who know that what you are creating is something inspiring which will last.

Think of all the writers who toil away in obscurity before they get their break. I think JK Rowling was turned down 22 times before she was finally accepted by someone. She had to persevere despite the nay-sayers, and know that her creative spark was worthy.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
J
J
Hi Everybody! Creativity is something that is so fluid and sometimes visceral that it is hard to explain to those who are more left-brained. All creative people have experienced feelings of being an outsider or not fitting in at some point. But that is okay! That is what shows us that we have something to share that others don't.

Jennifer Spedowfski-Martin
Creativity Editor
C
C
I make crazy art pieces using insects. And although when people see my work they love it, I always get weird responses when trying to describe what I do, so I definitely have felt like an outsider. Although in the last few years another artist named Christopher Marley (who makes collages with beetles) has become well-known so now I feel less like an outsider. Although now people have asked me if I copy him which is definitely not the case! But to all the creative types out there - keep doing what you love and don't worry about external impressions, just focus on the feelings you get from your own creativity!

J
J
Carolyn,
Your art sounds amazing! I'd love to see it. Yes, I agree about just doing what you want to do with creativity and not worrying about whether others understand it or "get it." I make mixed-media art/art journals a lot and every time I start one I am a bit nervous. Questions like, "Will this be any good?" or "Will anyone like it?" And then I think,"Who cares?" lol! You gotta plunge ahead and just make it.

The more you express your creativity, the more ideas you'll have.

Jennifer Spedowfski-Martin
Creativity Editor
M
M
I do agree that being creative is not always easy and every time not you can make what you expect. I always waits for a good time and mood and tackle peacefully all the stuff.

Hi! Cara - came here to read your article - where is it? Well while here I'll leave a comment, on this subject. Not to sound snutty but I'm shy with compliments for work well done! Just don't know what is expected of me to respond to them? So I keep response short - sometime they say is that all you can say - so I stare at them and shrug my shoulder as if to say - What do you want me to say - This will make me feel dumb or worse Soooo I have a problem with my creative availabilities. I only produce Poetry as a result. Good subject! Thanks Perry C.

Last edited by PerryCampanella; 08/06/13 02:15 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.