Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 299 1 2 3 298 299
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I'm in Chicago. It's hi 60s and cloudy; reminiscent of Seattle, WA or England, UK.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I'm in Ste-Florence, Quebec, Canada.

Yesterday after I first came here there were thunder (at least 2 times...always from far away and never lasting) and rain kept on coming and going. Today I did not hear any thunder but I know that while I was in bed it rained at least once. Now (13:38) it is partly cloudy (i cannot give the temperature because we dont have 1).

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hey Nancy!

I visited Montreal for a few days in July. My family & I had the best time. Love the market, Old Montreal, and the longest Saturday night fireworks ever. And the weather was beautiful (as the rest of trip had been piping hot).

Thanks for posting.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Shark
Shark
I'm in Flowery Branch, GA (about and hour north of Atlanta) and we are having some rain and T-storms(supposed to rain all week) it's about 80 outside.

It's been very rainy this season!

"And the greatest of these is Love"
Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hey Michelle-

Yes, Georgia has been rainy this year. Dare I say it's a God-send? I remember the Atlanta areas being on water control and in fear of drought not too long ago (past few years?). I hope this rain is producing great crops of peaches and greens for the area. smile

BTW, I visited Georgia on my road trip too. Loved the Serenbe Community (for sustainable living) and Centennial Park.

Thanks for stopping by and check-in frequently.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Shark
Shark
A blessing in that it has brought the lake up to normal levels. Unfortunately there has been so much of it, and so hard - it has caused flooding in many areas. We have had many roads washed out.

I guess too many of us prayed for rain at the same time, lol!

I had never heard of Serenbe before you mentioned it. It sounds quite lovely!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
N
N
Yesterday all day long until at night (did not take not for the time but i think it had stopped when 20:00 arrive) we had rain and thunder (sometimes not together) on and off with lighting (not often...i saw 1 twice...probably had more). Last night was calm (if it rained i did not realise it...the sounds here are weird...sometimes i think its raining when its not...i think its the mountains that do that). Now (10:50) it is partly cloudy.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
LOL Chelle. Yes, prayers are powerful and you guys had millions pouring in from inside Georgia and out. I dare not pray that it stop;)

Make sure you visit Serenbe when you get the chance. HGTV built a Green Dream Home there. While it looks amazing, it is the hardly the most exciting thing to see there. Make certain to post here once you have seen it.

So, how's the weather there today?

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Shark
Shark
It is overcast today with the promise of T-storms later (or so my head is telling me.)

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Warmer temps and Thunderstorms in Chicago. I love stormy weather.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
N
Yesterday it did not change. At night besides being dark it did not change too. Now (15:19) it is sunny (earlier it rained...started after i got up at 14:31 and stopped before i started writing this...i only opened the curtains and window before i came in this post...its my parents that told me it was raining).

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hey Nancy!

I was in Indiana yesterday and the Thunderstorms were too. I do love storms.

We'll see how it goes over the next few days.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Midwest...

But, I so want to be back in CA

Here the weather is kind of like a storm coming in. It may or may not follow through smile But I can feel it and LOVE it!

It's interesting, but I wonder if other people out there get hyped or energized when there's lightning or thunder coming through?

I or at least right now, my understanding of it is that it's called "Ions?" confused

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
N
N
I love rain and like storms. Storms makes me nervous because my mom always have freaked out everytime there are some so these freakouts have been imprinted in my brain since I can remember. I have gotten much better throughout the years (used to be very scared of them when i was young) to the point of liking them but there's always moments when there are thunder when I get nervous. Then they say that you don't realise what's going on when you are young!

N
N
Yesterday it rained (started at about 20:00) heavily for just a few minutes, it may of rained again until passed 2:45 because a little after that time I did see rain drops on windows (ill be surprised if it would of been rain drops from the other rain). Between 4:45 and 12:45 it rained. Now (13:29) it is cloudy.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Still in Indiana...

Yesterday I spent half the day in Indiana and half the day in Michigan. Either way the weather was sunny and mild. But as the sun went down, an amazing breeze took flight on the beach.

A cool and mellow evening.

Elleise, I too get energized by storms and absolutely loooove them.

Nancy, I enjoy rain immensely, as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
N
Yesterday it rained at least once and it was for just a few minutes. The night was colder (i hope that means summer is soon over...we dont get a lot of hot temperatures here but i still hate summers) it did rain before I got up. Now (12:52) it is partly cloudy.

N
N
There were no changes after my comment here. Last night it rained once. Now (11:45) it is sunny and windy.

Shark
Shark
It is actually hot and sunny here (for once) which is great - because we are having my daughter's 16th birthday party at the lake. It is supposed to T-storm later, but if it will just hold off until after the party I will e a happy camper! smile

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
N
N
Yesterday before night clouds appeared and it rained (i did not hear and see that rain...i knew it rained because i heard my mom tell my dad). Last night was normal. Now (10:31) it is sunny and a little windy (we can see the tree leaves and branches move but its not a lot).

N
N
Yesterday not long after my comment it became partly cloudy and the wind got a little stronger. Last night was normal (the air from outside made it perfect to sleep...it did not help me sleep really but it was very comfortable). Now (9:41) it is sunny.

N
N
Again shortly after my comment it changed, it started by being partly cloudy then for a while there were wind, thunder, lightning (did not see any but my mom did) and rain on and off. Last night was colder than the previous days, I had a window opened a little in my bedroom and it was freezing when I woke up, it was also cold when I went to bed but not that cold so I left the window opened. Now (8:56) it is sunny.

N
N
Yesterday it rained at least once. Last night too it rained at least one time. Now (7:35) it is cloudy.

Shark
Shark
It's so hot here:(

Nbeads, finding the best beading accessories for you.
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Here in The Netherlands it's pouring out and about 64 degrees F. I stopped watering the tomatoes in the greenhouse so the green ones will ripen before frost. Today, August 15, is our first possible frost day of the year - the last one is May 15.

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Claire, I lived in central Virginia for a year and arrived by plane mid July. It was so hot and humid that the soles of my feet, in sandals, started sweating immediately.

N
N
Yesterday about one hour after my comment it started raining and it rained a lot on and off for a few hours (about noon i think it stopped...cant tell if it rained once or more in the afternoon), funny story about that we went to run some errands and while me and dad were waiting for mom in the car (the same was for Causapscal and Amqui) in Amqui where she had a small appointment the man on the radio was calling the rain a huge storm, that poor man better not be stuck in a tornado or something, all it was just rain! At night it rained a few times I think (i may of heard it or not...could be the weird echo around here that makes you think theres rain when theres not or me just so tired). Now (6:38) it is sunny.

Shark
Shark
It rained last night (who would have guessed? lol) and that really cooled things off this morning. It felt like football weather out there taking the kids to school!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
N
N
Yesterday there was lots of wind, maybe sometimes it was also partly cloudy, cannot really remember (i was VERY tired yesterday...only woke up during my Tennis match..lol). Last night it was very comfortable to sleep with the window opened. Now (12:29) it is partly cloudy with a little wind.

N
N
We had rain and thunder yesterday, the rain was quite heavy for a while. Last night was again comfortable and normal. Now (12:25) it is sunny with a little wind.

N
N
Besides the sky becoming partly cloudy there were no major changes yesterday. The night was a little colder. Now (10:28) it is sunny.

N
N
Yesterday except for the wind and some clouds there were no changes. It rained at least once last night. Now (9:27) it is cloudy.

N
N
We had rain then it was partly cloudy with strong wind. The night was normal. Now (10:14) it is sunny with very little wind (the leaves are barely moving).

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
It is clear and sunny today - temp is 68F. Light breeze. A heavenly day. I scraped out weeds with a curved blade from between the front walkway pavers this morning. 2 days ago I had sprayed a mixture of one quart vinegar, 1/4 cup salt and 2 tbl. dish det. on them and they were brown and dried up.

N
N
Yesterday it rained for a few seconds and the rest of the day it was windy and partly cloudy. The night was norma. Today it was partly cloudy and hot (not ac hot thankfully).

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Oh Nancy!

The Brooklyn, NY weather was being so, so kind the last couple of weeks. Now, it's back to it's old tricks..High temp with some just lovely humidity (that's sarcasm) and so the A/C is on again...just lovely! Ugh!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Today in southern New England it will be about 80 degrees with low humidity and a light breeze.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
It's foggy in Chicago. Just survived two piping hot days and now I get to enjoy this lovely fog. Happy Hump Day BOL Family!

Last edited by Yvonnie-Inspired; 05/24/14 01:03 PM.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
San Diego, and it was even a little bit chilly today! After a big recent heat wave, I can't complain.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
It's raining in Chicago. Yummy!!!

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Lol Yvonnie smile

With me? I'm addicted to thunderstorms. Something happens and not just the rumbling type, but it's got to have the lightening.

Sometimes we'll be out and I'll be "in a mood" and I'll say something like, "I need a good thunderstorm right now, electricity and all!"

And it's funny - it really is. Just this past year, it's happened twice where it was sunny, a little cloud here or two, but then the car starts shaking back and forth...

He's like, "You had to call down the thunder, didn't you?"

Anyway, it's thundering and lightening here, so I'm thinking there's something like ions or whatever that make some people just react to them. confused

Last edited by Elleise - Clairvoyance; 10/03/13 05:37 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Karen-

I am absolutely with you! My 9 year old daughter bought me a postcard today of Chicago in the midst of a thunderstorm, w/major bolts of lightning hitting our tallest towers.

LOL, what does that tell you about me?

Storms of all sorts are refreshing and calming at the same time for me. I absolutely adore them...

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
N
When I got up it was raining (cannot say when it started or ended but can say that between 6:00 and 6:30 it was raining). The day was cloudy and the temperature was nice (i had half my winter walking coat on...i had the exterior...at first i thought i should of put the entire coat on or at least another shirt [had a simple turtleneck] but after a few minutes i was not cold [i was not freezing...just a little cold] and by the time i turned around to come back i was a little hot). Tonight we are having a thunderstorm (i was watching a new show with my mom at 20:00 and at 20:43 the signal disappeared...my mom asked when was the last time it happened and i said a while ago because the past few years it only does that when theres lightning or thunders [the only positive about Bell...before the signal would disapppear for just a little wind...no rain or snow or thunder or lighting needed] and sure enough we first heard the heavy rain then saw lightning through the curtains [well not through from the sides of the window] it has calmed now...i do not hear any rain or thunder and do not see any lightning).

N
N
Yesterday after my comment it started again but just a little bit, the thunder was from afar and I just heard it for a short time (like 1 or 2 minutes maybe), the rain was not heavy and as far as I know there were no lightning. I think it was raining a little bit when I went to bed and it could of rained when I was sleeping and trying to sleep (the ground is wet but it rained a lot so it could be that rain).

Now it is partly cloudy.

N
N
Just came back from a walk.

It was windy, partly cloudy and it rained off and on. I had the same clothes on and it took me about 1/4 of my walk to be comfortable with one time for a short time when I was almost 1/2 done where I started to be cold again, again that cold was not freezing.

Wolf
Wolf
The weather is cloudy here.

N
N
The rest of the day was like my walk partly cloudy, raining off and off and windy on and off. When I went to bed it was calm, if it rained or it was windy before I did not realise it. Now it is partly cloudy (the road is wet so it rained between the time i was in bed and i got up).

N
N
Just came back from a walk and it was raining (almost stopped when i was almost back home...dont know when it started...my mom came back home a little after my comment here and she said that it was raining a little), cloudy and cold.

N
N
I have no idea how the rest of the day was because I did not come back outside and did not looked outside.

When I went to bed it was foggy.

Now it is sunny.

N
N
Yesterday during my walk it was sunny and windy off and on.

As far as I know it was like that all day long.

I did not look out a window when I went to bed so I don't know how it was.

Not it is cloudy.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was raining off and on, windy off and on and cloudy, it was the same during my walk.

The rest of the day was like that too.

The night was raining off and on and windy off and on.

It was calm when I went to bed.

Now it is partly cloudy and windy on and off.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was sunny and windy on and off. During my walk it was sunny and windy. After my walk it was partly cloudy and windy.

The night was windy on and off.

When I went to bed it was windy on and off.

Now it is partly cloudy and windy.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy and windy on and off. During my walk it was partly cloudy and windy. After my walk it was partly cloudy and windy on and off.

The night was windy on and off.

It was windy when I went to bed.

Now it is partly cloudy and windy.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy and windy. It was the same during my walk. After my walk it was partly cloudy, windy on and off and rainy off and on.

The night was rainy on and off and windy on and off.

When I went to bed it was calm.

When I got up it was partly cloudy.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hot, sunny, and summerlike in Portsmouth uk smile

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy and raining off and on. During my walk it was cloudy, raining on and off and windy off and on. After my walk it was cloudy, raining and windy on and off.

The night was raining and windy on and off.

When I went to bed it was raining.

When I got up it was cloudy and windy off and on.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was raining on and off, windy off and on and cloudy. During my walk it was cloudy, raining and windy off and on. After my walk it was the same.

The night was raining on and off and windy off and on.

When I went to bed it was windy on and off.

When I got up it was cloudy and windy on and off.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was cloudy, raining off and on and windy off and on. It was the same during my walk. It was the same after my walk.

The night was calm.

When I got up it was cloudy and windy off and on.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy and windy on/off. During my walk it was the same. After my walk it was partly cloudy, windy on/off and raining off/on.

The night was raining off/on and windy off/on.

When I went to bed it was raining.

When I got up it was windy off/on and partly cloudy.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy, windy on/off and raining off/on. During my walk it was the same. After my walk it was the same.

The night was windy off/on.

When I got up it was partly cloudy and windy.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
In the American west where I am, it's 70 F / 21 C and partly cloudy with a strong warmish breeze. Lots of mulberry pollen and dirt blowing around!

N
N
Val,

I can understand you on the dirt! Here when there's no snow or water on the ground there's dirt everywhere, it's like I live in a desert and since I have a phobia about eyes and anything bad happening to them that has me freaking out! I found a pair of sunglasses on the internet where everything seems closed like goggles, I hope when that arrives it is just like the picture so I can walk in peace when it's not raining or snowing!

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I hear you about the eyes, Nancy. Mine have just been streaming from all the pollen and dirt. It gets like this and I don't even want to go outside in it even though the temps are moderate. I hope you get your sunglasses soon!

N
N
Val,

Thankfully (well that sucks so i should not use that word...lol) the only allergy I have is nuts so that does not affect my eyes.

I received the sunglasses today and they are just like the picture so I finally have something to protect my eyes entirely. That shipment came in two different packages, I am still waiting for two things, when they will arrive I will buy the other pair (there were just 2 when i bought 1...did not want to risk it eventhough they are not high priced).

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
That's good you received the sunglasses! We actually had some rain out here later in the afternoon (and we almost never get rain), which knocked all the dust and pollen out of the air. Everything smells clean now. smile

N
N
Val,

We had lots of rain too the previous days, that gave me a few days of being able to walk relaxed but today the streets were dry.

I love rain so for me it's happy time when it rains.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I love rain, too. It almost never happens out here in the desert relatively near the Mexican border, which makes it a rare treat. Love the way it makes the air smell. smile

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy and windy off/on. During my walk it was partly cloudy, windy on/off and raining off/on. After my walk it was the same.

When I got up it was partly cloudy and windy on/off.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
It's 68F/20C and partly cloudy, looking like possible rain. What's up with this? It never rains here. Not that I'm complaining. The plants can use it and so can we. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks Nancy & Val for keeping this one going.

I love rain too.

Mother Nature is busy making corrections everywhere.

Chicago's weather is perfect for me; 62F and sunny w/a lovely light breeze. Day to day it alternates between weather like this and hot & rainy weather. I love Spring in Chicago!

Farmer's Market was awesome today. Fresh herb plants (basil, thyme, oregano, & cilantro), lovely organic garlic, onions, greens& asparagus. I also love my Amish Farmers, the Wettstein Family. I bought beautiful eggs and steak from them today. Looking forward to a lovely week of healthy eating.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
N
Yvonnie,

I actually had forgot about this post and when I had that big thunderstorm that cut my satellite signal (my mom who rarely sits down to watch tv is still angry about that...we never caught it on replay...maybe 1 day...the first half was boring but we stick with it and the second half was interesting...id like to know that ending...it was When Ghosts Attack..the first episode) I for some reason thought about it so I came here.

I love farmer's markets, none here eventhough there's lots of farms! There was one in the middle of a parking lot two or three years ago, it lasted a few days and they had almost nothing available, it was ridiculous to say the least.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Well, I'm happy you renewed the conversation in this thread. I love almost all types of weather. I can't think of any weather Chicago has that I do not like.

Hoping to head back to Quebec sometime this summer. My daughters & I want to work on our French. We are thinking that a week or two could certainly help.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy and windy off/on. It was the same during my walk. It was the same after my walk.

When I went to bed it was windy off/on.

When I got up it was sunny and windy on/off/

N
N
Yvonnie,

I hope you and your daughter don't get attacked when in Quebec. People here are crazy (ignorant by choice). They love to either laugh of the accent of the people talking in French when it's not their language or they look at you like they want to kill you or they verbally attack you if it's not physically.

One day if I have the chance to get out of this hellhole I will take it!

By the way my first language is French so I more than know what I'm talking about. I was brainwashed when young like all the people born here in families that only speak French, my first vote I wasted in the last referendum to separate. I woke up aabout one year after I started watching Hockey, Montreal was my first team, about a year of the so-called fans and it was enough to wake me up.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
65 F / 18 C and rainy and windy. This would be great except that we have baseball tickets for tonight.

Yvonnie, the farmer's market sounds great!

Nancy, I didn't know Quebec was like that. That's too bad. I hope things are better in Montreal at least.

N
N
Val,

Montreal is a little better because there are people in that city who speak other languages and also there are French Quebecers who decided to learn other languages, these people are not like separatists, they are respectful of other cultures.

One other thing about separatists is that you hear them talk about French and how it is the best language of the world and the only one that truely matter but the majority of them speak and write it badly.

For them learning another language and accepting other cultures is like their own language and culture is taken away.

Thankfully the separatist party lost the last elections (they got beat so bad that the party leader lost her county so she left the party...lol) so all that separatist talk has calmed down a little bit.

They even have people who their job is to walk around and mesure the words in English and French to make sure that the words in French are bigger then the words in English.

They tried to force someone to censor her Facebook page, everyone and everything in her company us 100% in both languages but they freaked out about the comments on her page from her English speaking customers, thankfully she decided to speak to a lawyer about it and before they lost (Facebook is not a Quebec territory) they made it look like they were letting her Facebook page like she wanted to.

They are crazy!

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Oh, my. I'm starting to see why you'd want to get away, Nancy, especially if you've lived there for a while. It sounds like the small town provincialism that happens in isolated places all over the world where outsiders are held in suspicion and everyone has to conform. I'm glad to hear the separatist issue has calmed down. I know almost nothing about the issue but my first thought is that it would hurt both parts of Canada economically if it went though. Not that I know what I'm talking about, really! smile

N
N
Val,

If I would have to take a bet I would bet that noone in charge of that party really wants to separate (the ones who started it i believe they really wanted to), they sound and look stupid but they are not, they know that if Quebec would separate it won't last long and it would be much worst than it is now.

The last referendum they lost because of the question. It was very long and in it they included that they wanted to keep Canadian money, passport and almost everything else from Canada. So that made the real separatists angry and the long question confused the rest of the people who would be for it.

I always say to the Canadians who are tired of them that it would be worst if they would live here.

I have no idea why but the Canadian government is always bending themselves for my province.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was sunny and windy off/on. During my walk it was partly cloudy and windy on/off. It was the same after my walk.

When I went to bed it was the same.

When I got up it was raining and windy.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Nancy, that is fascinating. The whole situation sounds similar to the situation between Northern Ireland and the rest of Ireland, except without the extreme violence, thank God.

Temperature here is 60 F / 16 C, cloudy, breezy, and cool. We actually had our baseball game rained out last night and that never happens! Very weird weather this year, but believe me, we were desperate for water so everybody's happy.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Val-

Mother Earth is working diligently to get back into shape (for lack of better terms). The weather seems strange to many, but it is in divine order.

Chicago is holding steady in the moderate temps (except yesterday somehow, magically crept up to 80 something). It is perfect to me (but my children say I say that everyday). Of course, in my mind, when the days are very hot, I can hear myself saying, "Phew! It's a hot one!"

So, Val, where are you? Ireland? (Of course Planet Earth, at least today;)

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hey Nancy-

My girls & I have pretty tough skin. We tend to attract the nicer folk in the craziest of places.

The idea of separatism comes from a need to feel better than others. One day we will all come to realize we truly are equal and there is no need to be better. We'll be so "whole healthy" that we will want "whole health" for everyone else; equality.

We'll be fine & we greatly appreciate the warning. Having the knowledge will help us understand when/if we get one of those looks (lol).

We just got back from St. Maarten. With our 1 hour of free time on the French side of the island, my oldest daughter decided to try her linguistic skills in French. One shop owner told her that she spoke English. My daughter kept trying. The shop owner stressed, firmly, that she spoke English. My daughter firmly told her, in French, "I heard you the first time. I want to practice my French." The shop owner smiled and the rest of our visit was in broken-French.

Cultural experiences spark me. I love them. I'm present in them and tend to enjoy them and respond well to them because of that presence. I'll let you know how it goes when we complete that trip.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
N
Yvonnie,

Places like St Maarten must be like paradise!

The fartest I have been is Ottawa for a few hours two different times.

I almost went to an island like where you went to years ago when I had a job and lots of money (after Shumi retired from Ferrari...that money was to go see him in Italy...i had that money about 1 month after he retired) but tarentulas is what stopped me from doing it. The Seychelles Islands was at the top of my list and apparently I made a good choice in not going by going by the comments of the people who went there, they say there's tarentulas everywhere and webs everywhere.

Germany is a place I would love to go (i even would go live there for the rest of my life) I also would love to speak that language.

N
N
Val,

My parents told me many times that in the seventies it was very violent for a while. There was this extreme group that was for the separation and they kidnapped people and one man was killed.

Thankfully nothing like that has happened since. Sometimes there's one or more that just go crazy and beat up someone in the name of Quebec, most of them are drunk when they do that.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Yvonnie, actually, New Mexico, which is the high desert. We get all four seasons, but we're always hurting for water (except for maybe the last few days). I've only been to Chicago once and only for three days, but I loved it. Three days just isn't enough. I saw and did everything I could, but didn't even get to make it out to the Skydeck at the Sears Tower! I'm hoping to come back soon so I can spend longer just seeing everything.

Nancy, I could believe some weird stuff happening in Quebec in the 1970s. It seems like the 1970s was a time of intense radicalism all over the United States and Canada. It's hard to believe how anarchic it was when we look back now from forty or so years later...

N
N
Val,

Talked about it after my comment here with my mom and she told me these maniacs also put many bombs all over the province. Most of them were able to flee anf then came back years later and received nice paying jobs.

I was born in 1976 so I did not get to really live this decade.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Nancy, I'm a little bit older than you then, enough so to remember the 1970s. smile That's scary about the bombs, though. And it doesn't seem fair that so many of those people experienced no consequences for their actions.

N
N
Val,

People not having to experience consequences for their actions is nothing new, it (and many other things) is getting worst by the day.

Except for these groups the seventies looked cool. Not better than the eighties though smile haha.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
It's been raining in Chicago. I'm enjoying it with tea.

Right now, it's in the 80s F, cloudy, a bit humid and windy.

Bring it on!

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was cloudy, windy off/on and raining on/off. It was the same during my walk. It was the same after my walk.

The night was windy off/on and raining off/on.

When I went to bed it was windy on/off.

When I got up it was partly cloudy and windy off/on.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Ha, ha! The 1980s were fun. smile

It's 70F / 31C and sunny today. Looks like it will be a gorgeous day.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Crazy weather day in Chicago.

I was sitting in my car waiting for my girls. The weather was a surprising sunny, 90F. I was saying to myself, "Phew! It's really hot out here." I took my shoes off and hung my feet outside my window to cool off in the slight breeze.

Our forecast had predicted rain so, I asked the heavens to provide. Within minutes, there was an immediate change from hot air to cold wind (60F winds) rushing over the area. About 20 minutes later...down pour.

Not claiming credit, but loving moments like that.

Last edited by Yvonnie-Inspired; 05/27/14 08:16 PM.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hey Val-

I have not visited New Mexico. The girls (my daughters) & I are discussing a road trip through there this summer (last summer we did East Coast & Canada-Montreal & Toronto). This year we will be visiting S.C. and the girls would like to go West from there; Texas, New Mexico, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, B.C. and back home across the Northern States or Canada.

I haven't exactly committed. It is quite a long haul and could prove to be very expensive if we chicken out on some of the camping options. Funnier than that, my middle child has decided she does not like hiking (we were looking at hiking and camping along the way) and my youngest has decided she prefers hiking while on my back. LOL.

I have visited Arizona. Please, if you can, tell me your perception of how they differ.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Oooh, good question! Arizona is hotter for sure, especially in the summer. It has the Grand Canyon, and we don't have anything to compete with that here in New Mexico, but we do have some good hiking in the Sangre de Cristos and Rocky Mts. Arizona is more desertlike whereas we have more forest and mountain terrain especially toward the north.

We don't have any city as big as Phoenix. Our biggest city Albuquerque is roughly comparable to Tucson at half a million people. Of course, they filmed the hit t.v. series BREAKING BAD in Albuquerque and not Tucson, so that's a fun reason to visit ABQ if you're a fan of the show.

If you're into art, you'll find much more of a "pedigree" and history in New Mexico than Arizona, especially up in Santa Fe and Taos, which are famous for their art galleries and artists (Georgia O'Keefe, RC Gorman, and others).

If you like Native American culture, the Navajo Nation stretches across both states, but New Mexico also has all the Pueblo cultures and their amazing artwork such as the Hopi and their baskets and kachinas, the Zuni with their stone fetishes, and silverwork, and of course the Navajo with their famous weavings. There are Pueblo ceremonies and dancing that you can view during the summer.

Arizona is going to have more of a Anglo-European Wild West history and a Mexican-from-Mexico cultural feel. New Mexico (and parts of southern Colorado) has a unique Hispanic-Spanish-Catholic feel that has very little to do with Mexico. You can see a lot of amazing Spanish and Catholic art in New Mexico and a lot of picturesque old churches.

Also, last but not least, we have the whole history-of-the-atomic-bomb thing here in New Mexico, and Arizona has nothing like that. The Manhattan Project was helmed by J. Robert Oppenheimer at our Los Alamos National Laboratory during WWII and the first atomic bomb was tested at Trinity Site in White Sands Missile Range here in NM in 1945.

The atomic bomb history is all over the place. You can visit museums in ABQ and also White Sands itself which is a beautiful place. Almost like visiting another planet. You can even visit Trinity Site if you coordinate it (I think they only open the site twice a year and one time is in July.)

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Val-

That was a great answer. You've inspired a new topic. Thanks!

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy and windy on/off. It was the same during my walk. After my walk it was partly cloudy, windy off/on and raining off/on.

When I got up it was sunny and windy on/off.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Nancy-

It just dawned on me; you are walking on a regular basis now. Yay!!!!!

In Chicago, it's raining! Yippee!

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
N
Yvonnie,

Yes I am. For me it is barely walking since I am used to walking at least one hour and I haven't done that yet but at least I am out of the house once a day since March 29. Two or three times I had to force myself to go out and walk, these times it was for less than ten minutes but at least I did it. My plan is to do that until I change my email address, then I'll start exercising again and then stop this for a while and walk for real (1 hour or more i mean smile haha).

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Nancy, good for you, all this walking! You've inspired me to get more serious about doing it. smile

Yvonnie, you're very welcome! It was fun answering the question, and that's a very cool new thread. Something else I forgot to mention is our state fair in September, which is especially good, and our world famous hot air balloon fiesta in early October.

N
N
Val,

I always have found walking to be relaxing. It should be more relaxing walking here since I'm around mountains, forests and water bodies but there's pollution everywhere and also almost everyone here has snowmobiles, three wheelers and four wheelers so there's also noise pollution. Plus there's dirt and spiders everywhere even in Winter.

I hope you can walk often and have fund doing it smile!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I walk here in the tall cool pines of Prescott, AZ. It's very quiet as I'm close to the side of Thumb Butte.
Sheryl T

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Nancy, that's too bad about all the vehicles and pollution and such! As for me, I'm in the 'burbs so it's a lot of walking through neighborhoods on paved streets, but it's kind of interesting to look at what's blooming in everybody's yard and to keep up with what home improvements they're doing. And I like cats, and sometimes I can get the occasional neighborhood cat to come up for a head rub. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Sheryl, the tall cool pines sounds so refreshing. I bet you get to see a lot of wildlife, too!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I love to walk; did 11 miles this Sunday. I get the advantage of walking along Lake Michigan. I love watching all the things it does. I've been splashed so many times by the waves that I almost expect it now (lol).

Nancy, Quebec, with all of those natural amenities, sounds dreamy.

Sheryl, Arizona sounds awesome too.

Val, I wish we were going to be there for the hot air balloon festival. That sounds wicked awesome!!!!!!! Maybe next year.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
N
Yvonnie,

Walking along Lake Michigan must be so calming. Are there many people who walk there too?

I love water. Rain, rivers, lakes, oceans, fountains, whatever I just love it. It is just so relaxing.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Yes, there are lots of others, mostly on the designated path. Since I homeschool and work from home though, I get out when most are not out. Furthermore, I walk off the beaten path, right at the water's edge, away from the crowd. This way, I can connect to Mother Earth.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was sunny and windy on/off. It was the same during my walk. It was also the same after my walk.

It was the same when I got up.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was sunny and windy on/off. It was the same during my walk. It was also the same after my walk.

The night was calm.

It was the same when I went to bed.

It was cloudy when I got up.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Yvonnie, it's worth seeing! And October is probably the best month in NM.

Nancy, it's 90F / 32 C out here, cloudy and windy. I haven't gone on a walk yet (I'm about to), but I bet the wind feels hot.

N
N
32 celcius? That's hot. I hate hot weather! Even when I'm inside with an air conditioner just knowing that it's hot outside takes away all my energy. Some people have no energy when it's cloudy and raining and me it's when it's hot.

There's more bugs now. I started yesterday walking without anything on my head or ears since it is now too hot for that. The flies here seems to love my ears, some even make u-turns to go buzz there!

And thanks to the spiders it will be a few months until I go back in the forests and mountains. There's still a few that goes out when it's colder and even in the snow but at least then there's no spider webs everywhere!

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Yes, 32C and it was hot. Fortunately the wind wasn't hot, though, and was actually kind of cool. That helped. The only bugs we have around here are these flying grasshopper things and some little white butterflies, no mosquitos, thank goodness! I know what you mean, Nancy, about the spiderwebs. It's always icky to accidentally get my face or hair tangled up in one of those. smile

N
N
In Summer we can see trees with their tops completely covered in spider webs. And when you walk very early in Summer mornings some parts of the streets near the grass are also covered in webs. I bet even people without that phobia would develop it if living here for a long time, it's that crazy! And they are so big here, some are tarentula big! Saw one crossing a street two or three Summers ago from several feet away, at first I tought it was a rat or something then I realised what it was. I had to continue (i could of went back then walk about 2 hours to cross a small bridge then follow the other street to come home...if that spider would of stayed in the middle of the street i would of done that!!!) and that was so scary, it was black with white lines. Had one that was brown inside the house, I screamed like I was dying but my parents never came down so it got away, I spent almost one year freaked out over that.

I'm glad the wind was not hot. It's always worst when the wind is also hot, there's no escape from the hot.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Nancy, that's outrageous about the spiders! I think of Quebec is being mostly blanketed with snow through much of the year (for example, in Denver CO it seems to snow literally 6 months out of the year, and that's way farther south than where you are). So you'd think the bug population would be minimal where you are, and at least you could get some relief from them after the first hard freeze.

I know what you mean about a phobia. We get some weird things out here in the desert. I find them not so bad when they're outside, but when I discover them inside, it's much worse! It's always a shock to see a large spider or bug or something indoors where you really don't want it. smile

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy, windy on/off and rainning off/on. During my walk it was partly cloudy and windy on/off. After my walk it was partly cloudy, windy on/off, rainning off/on and at one point there were thunder and lightning.

The night was raining on/off and windy off/on.

It was windy off/on when I went to bed.

It was calm when I got up.

N
N
Val,

When I was young we had our first snow end of September then it would be gone late April. Now we are lucky if we have snow in late December.

Before I moved here I never saw any bugs out during Winter. Even when it was christmas and we could still see the grass in some places. Never ever until here.

And I did see big spiders but never tarentula size. One was close to it and my mom too had an experience with one like that but compared to some here these were babies.

And the bugs we see in Winter are not even sleepy or anything, they are as fast as they are in Summer.

No other bugs scare me. Sure some are creepy and I won't pet them or anything but I don't have a phobia. It's just bees and other bugs like them that I make sure to keep away from, I never was bitten by one but I still know that hurts plus my mom is allergic so I may be too so I take no chances (bees too are huge here...some are like little birds!!!!).

Do you have snakes where you live? Probably since snakes are often found in deserts. I wish I would have a phobia like that, there's none here so only videos and pictures would scare me.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Nancy, yes we do have snakes -- a couple of different species of poisonous rattlesnake. When I was a kid, we had them everywhere, and my parents were always running for the shotgun to kill the snakes! No wonder I have a slight phobia of rattlesnakes to this day. laugh However, most people never see them because they don't like to live around a lot of humans. You have to really be out in the sticks before you'll run across them.

We do supposedly get tarantula migrations where all the males get the urge to walk for miles to the river to find the females. I'm kind of grateful I've never seen this! I did see one tarantula once when I was out walking in my old neighborhood; it was marching along on the other side of the street, and I was so surprised to see it that I thought someone's pet had escaped. I'd forgotten that we have them in our part of the world. (I probably would've had a screaming fit if I'd seen it indoors!)

That's really interesting about your lack of snowfall. In Denver this year (and I always look to Denver as an example of extreme winter weather, ha, ha!) it was snowing off and on through May. So the fact that you are so much farther north still doesn't guarantee a long winter full of snow. Maybe it's an altitude issue. Denver is about a mile above sea level. Are you close to sea level?

N
N
Val,

Tarentula migration? Wow, just reading this gave me the chills!

I never lived near an ocean (thats what sea level means right??). Here there's a river in front of my house and we do have smaller rivers close by. There's also a lake less than an half hour away. It would be cool if the river would freeze in Winter so I could skate in it but the current is too strong. The lake do freeze but not completely so I never dared try to go skate there, there's probably no danger since a few people fish there in Winter with their little houses they bring there and there were never any accident but I'm too afraid, some even fish near the water that is not frozen.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy and windy off/on. During my walk it was partly cloudy, windy on/off and rainning off/on. It was the same after my walk.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Nancy, yes, sea level is basically when there is no elevation at all and the ground is at the same level as the shoreline. For example, Denver is in mountainous terrain and is actually 1,615 meters above sea level. If you're used to living at sea level, the oxygen can feel really thin when you go to place like Denver. I was in Denver for a conference and it was funny to hear so many other out-of-towners whining about the oxygen (I'm from ABQ, NM which is at the same altitude as Denver so I was doing fine.)

How very cool that you know how to ice-skate! I've never known how to even roller-skate, let alone ice-skate, but it looks wonderful in the figure skating events for the Winter Olympics. I know what you mean about not trusting the ice on the river or lake. That would make me very nervous. And I've heard about those little houses that the ice-fishermen use. We get that in Minnesota and places up around the Canadian border in winter. I've heard some of those little houses can be quite nice to stay in with heat and protected from the wind while someone's sitting there fishing through the ice. smile

N
N
Val,

Thank you for the explanation!

I always hear about the players complaining about the oxygen when they go play the Avalanche, they don't get to get use to it even the teams who play there a few times during the season sice it's mostly go in the city then play then get out.

I haven't ice skated in many years. My old city (Saint-Hubert) used to put water in the trails of the park for many years so I would go there to skate during Winters but then they stopped doing it. There was still a small ice area there but it was always packed so I did not went there after they stopped having ice trails.

I love roller blading. When my first and only pair broke I never bought new ones.

I did buy a new bicycle one or two years before moving but I have not used it once, I'm too scared that I forgot how to do it (i know its stupid...we never forget) that's my excuse. I always hated Summers but when young I was always outside all day long during that time. When I was not playing or reading in my backyard I was at the park or on my old bicycle (when that bicycle broke is when i started slowly going outside less during summer).

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
You're very welcome, Nancy! The Avalanche, hmmm? You're talking about ice hockey, right? I really am a dunce at sports. smile But I can imagine how hard it would be to play hockey at a much higher altitude than what someone's used to. Hockey (what little I've seen of it) looks so physically intense -- lots of starts and stops and changing direction on the ice. It would be hard to keep the breath under control let alone worry about getting enough oxygen.

The ice trails thing sounds like such a good idea! If I could ice-skate, that would be the way I'd want to do it. It would be like taking a long distance walk but more fun, I would think. You'd get to cover some ground and see a lot, rather than just staying in a little rink with everybody else.

But at least you know how to roller-blade! Maybe you could get back to that? I love how graceful roller-blading looks. I know what you mean about bicycling. I haven't done it since I was a kid, and I further lost my enthusiasm when I was juror in a personal injury trial involving a bicycle. smile But I think you're right about the skills coming back through muscle memory, and I think as long as the rider wears a helmet, he or she will be safe.

Exercise experts are always telling us that we need to find a sport that we love to play, and that those who do have the best rate of success with getting in shape. But I'm still looking, ha, ha! Walking is the best thing for me right now. I'd like to get into swimming eventually.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy and windy off/on. During my walk it was sunny and windy on/off. After my walk it was partly cloudy and windy off/on.

The night was rainning off/on.

When I went to bed it was windy off/on.

It was the same when I got up.

N
N
Yes, the Colorado Avalanche are an NHL team. They had lots of awesome years with Patrick Roy, Mike Keane, Peter Forsberg, Adam Foote, Rob Blake and the list goes on. I did not have a satelitte dish that time so I could not see Biggi play but I could catch the Avalanche most Saturdays.

The ice trails were not very long (the park was like a medium sized park so the trails were not that short) but it was fun.

I remember when rollerblades first came out everyone warned to take lessons because it was hard and dangerous but I did not and I had no problem at all with it. I never used an helmet but now with Shumi's accident I think I will.

When my dad decided to quit his job and put us all in trouble I was about to learn how to swim. I think there's a place in one or both of the nearest town where we can learn it so I could still do it. One day I may be near an ocean or another beautiful body of water and it would suck not being able to go into it. Here the water is polluted so no swimming (you can still do it but dont complain if you catch an illness...lol).

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Chicago's weather is 77F, partly sunny. There is a fabulous breeze (SSW@16mph) and the skies seem to suggest that a storm is on the way. You know me, I'm looking forward to that. Already brewing tea for the show; LOL.

How's to going where you are?

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
N
Yvonnie,

I think there's a storm coming here too. It's a wonder why I like storms so much, one of the many ways my parents stressed me was my mom freaking out over storms. For a long time too it scared me then it made me nervous then I only had small remains of that and now I am 100% okay with it. Now the only thing I hate about them is that the lightning and thunder takes away the satellite signal (only that now does that...before it did not take a lot to take away the signal...reason # 1 of internet for me is a backup for my sports in case its not on tbv or the signal is off...thankfully it has not happened often during these times...it mostly goes off when theres no sport... smile haha).

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Nancy, LOL, here I was thinking that the ice trails were long and panoramic like a cross-country skiing route or something! That would have been nice, though.

I've been putting off learning to swim for a while. The biggest reason is I'm incredibly near-sighted, so I'd have to get some prescription swim goggles so I could actually find my way to the water. Then, I'm a little overweight and not real thrilled with my appearance in a swimsuit, but then again I think that 90% of all women feel that way about themselves so I'm in good company. laugh I can probably get over the self-consciousness quickly enough once I've got the prescription swim goggles.

That is so cool that you took to roller-blading like a fish to water and didn't even need lessons. You must be a natural with balance and coordination. I'll admit that I've always been too nervous about it to want to do roller-blading, but I love to watch it. Before you mentioned Shumi's accident (and his was skiing, but still, close enough), I hadn't thought about the possibility of roller-bladers injuring their heads. I've always thought if I tried it, it would be my backside instead! If there were such a thing as a "butt helmet" I think I'd be braver about trying it.

Yvonnie and Nancy, would you believe it was 95 F / 35 C out here today? At least it was dry heat, as we always say. No storm in sight, either. I'm with both of you in that I really like thunderstorms.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was windy off/on. When I walked the sun was not completely out yet and it was also windy on/off. After my walk it was partly cloudy, windy off/on and rainning off/on.

N
N
Val,

A butt helmet, LOL, what a great idea, smile haha!

I always thought helmets were stupid and I never wore one (my parents never wanted me and my bother to use 1 either...not surprising coming from them). I was lucky, I remember only falling off my bike once (caught a hole in the street that i had not seen) and that's it as far as falling goes. I skied once when I went to a Winter camp with most of my classmates (dont recall the grade but i know it was before high school so it was primary school), my last time I decided not to go side to side and I went down straight, I had to fall on my butt to stop since I was too scared to brake normally (we only skied that day so it was my first time...they did give us a few pointers before since only a few knew how to sky but not too much information was given), that was crazy for me to do, I was going fast, it was both fun and scary at the same time.

I seem to remember someone inventing a rollerblade but for skiing, I thought it was cool but it never caught on, I only saw it that one time when they showed the man talking about it and showing it on television.

I liked skiing but I always thought the ski season was too short so I never tried it again.

It's funny how I never liked my body and face (i feel uncomfortable with short sleeves) but I never was uncomfortable with a bathing suit on, I don't know why, I am weird like that.

Here it is getting colder (we dont have a thermometer that is why i never talk about the temperature) but I am not sad about it since I hate hot weather.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
A butt helmet, yes. Ha, ha! It would give me great peace of mind. laugh

I went skiing a couple of times as a kid, too, but I was never that good at it. I enjoyed it, but the downhill-picking-up-speed thing could get unnerving, especially since I wasn't that good at parallel turning. I love to watch it on Winter Olympics, though!

Nancy, you're so lucky that it's getting cooler where you are. It was another 90F / 32C day here, and everywhere I went today, there was much whining about the heat!

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was mostly cloudy and windy off/on. It was the same when I walked. After my walk it was partly cloudy and windy off/on.

When I got up the sun was almost completely out and it was windy off/on.

N
N
Val,

What I think saves us from too hot temperatures here is the wind who rarely stops. A few times lately there has been none, when that happens it's kind of scary, normally we at least see one little thing moving a little but seeing nothing move from the wind is very rare. Also the cold must come from the mountains that are around. When we do get hot days almost 100% when the dark comes it is cold or at least colder. With three Summers here we had to use our air conditioners less than ten times a year (the 1 upstairs is now broken...i bet this year we will get more hot days..hope not).

N
N
Four Summers not four. I actually counted twice so to not make a mistake and I still did make one, LOL tired!

N
N
Four not three I meant to write! Wow, it won't be late when I'll get to bed tonight! LOL smile.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Nancy? It's stinking hot and sticky already....I want my snow back! UGH!

N
N
Allyson,

Sorry, it's all gone eek haha smile.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was sunny and windy on/off. It was the same during my walk. After my walk it was partly cloudy, windy on/off and rainning off/on.

The night was windy off/on and rainning off/on.

When I went to bed it was rainning.

When I got up it was mostly cloudy and windy off/on.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Nancy, I see what you mean. The wind will make a difference. Often we get a HOT wind like today, another 90 F / 32 C. I wouldn't mind some snow right now. smile

N
N
Val,

The wind here was so cold today that I came home from my walk with my ears hurting from it. And I thought all the rain we had would have been enough to get at least the street a little wet so that I could walk without being scared of dirt getting in my eyes but the streets were all dry when I came out to walk. Must of been all that wind that dried the streets (dont know why since we had a lot of rain and the wind is not that strong and its not all the time).

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OMG, Nancy, your ears were cold in June? It's almost hard for me to imagine. It's been mega-hot over here in the desert. I haven't even wanted to walk outside, but have done a treadmill workout indoors (which is good in a way because you can set the speed and the treadmill forces you to walk faster). I hear you about the wind, too. I don't like getting dust blown in my eyes, and I especially don't like breathing and swallowing a lot of dust. I'm hoping for rain but we probably won't get any for the rest of the summer!

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy, windy on/off and rainning off/on. It was the same during my walk. It was also the same after my walk.

It was rainning when I went to bed and the sun was not completely out yet.

N
N
The last sentence was supposed to of course be "when I got up", I have no idea how I did that but I put my alarm clock at 5:30 instead of 4:30, I always check at least twice before a day of sports which I did last night but I did not realise what I had done, it's the only mistake I done here which is kind of a miracle since I was freaking out being scared of finishing my morning routine after 7:00, I did it, I even risked walking after even if it had started (my match is the second...dont like doing something far from the tv when waiting for Tennis that is not at a set time...sometimes the matches dont even start or 1 of the players have to not finish the match...my walk was fast like my morning routine...lol). Now I'll go see on the trees I watered on Tree Nation to see if I wrote something else on them (i always write "Water given" when i water...been doing that for so long that i do it without even thinking about so illl be surprised if i wrote something else...i did made a mistake with the time so everything can happen...lol).

N
N
Val,

Yes, it is crazy to end up with cold ears in June. Thankfully I never liked the Summer season so that weather does not bother me grin.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I know what you mean about summer, Nancy. Summer is okay here if a bit on the hot side, but fall is really our best season. September and October. Perfect weather, and the light is just beautiful.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was cloudy and rainning. During my walk it was mostly cloudy, rainning and windy off/on. After my walk it was mostly cloudy, windy off/on and rainning on/off.

The night it was rainning.

It was windy off/on when I went to bed.

It was partly cloudy and windy on/off when I got up.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy and windy off/on. During my walk it was partly cloudy and windy. After my walk it was partly cloudy and windy on/off.

The night was calm.

When I got up the sun was almost completely out and it was almost completely foggy.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk the sun was almost completely out and it was windy off/on and foggy a lot to a little to none. When I walked the sun was almost completely out and it was windy on/off. After my walk it was sunny and windy on/off.

The night was windy on/off.

When I got up it was partly cloudy and windy on/off.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy and windy on/off. During my walk it was partly cloudy and windy. After my walk it was partly cloudy and windy on/off.

The night was calm.

When I got up it was mostly cloudy and windy on/off.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was mostly cloudy and windy off/on. During my walk it was mostly cloudy and windy. After my walk it was partly cloudy and windy on/off.

The night was calm.

It was the same when I got to bed.

N
N
I will stop talking about the wind, I am kind of getting obssessed about it, checking outside the windows if it has stopped or started, I realised I am driving myself crazy doing that crazy LOL.

Anyway as far as the wind goes it is very rare that you see nothing moving outside, if there's nothing moving caused by the wind it is kind of scary shocked!

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
The weather today in Brooklyn, N.Y., was pleasantly cloudy along with a nice cool breeze. However, intermittently there were humid bursts in the air.

Ally don't likey the humidity!

I want snow again! LOL

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy. During my walk it was mostly sunny. After my walk it was partly cloudy.

The night was calm.

When I got up the sun was almost completely out.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Enjoy the sun!

Here it's alternating between rain and sun. I love that I have a window at work...

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy. During my walk it was the same. It was also the same after my walk.

It was rainning off/on during the night.

When I went to bed it was rainning.

When I got up it was mostly cloudy.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was mostly cloudy. It was the same during my walk. After my walk it was partly cloudy and rainning off/on.

It was rainning when I went to bed.

It was mostly cloudy when I got up.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was mostly cloudy. It was the same during my walk. After my walk it was mostly cloudy and rainning off/on.

The night was calm.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was mostly cloudy and rainning off/on. During my walk it was partly cloudy and rainning off/on. After my walk it was partly cloudy.

The night was calm.

When I got up the sun was not completely out and it was mostly foggy.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was mostly foggy to not foggy and the sun had not completely came out. During my walk the sun was almost completely out. After my walk it was partly cloudy.

The night was calm.

When I got up it was mostly sunny.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy. It was the same during my walk. It was also the same after my walk.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Last Friday it was a cool Autumn like day. Yesterday and today are hot a humid like late summer. It is Spring.

Indiana weather. smile

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was mostly cloudy and rainning on/off. It was the same during my walk. After my walk it was partly cloudy and rainning off/on.

The night was not foggy to mostly foggy.

When I went to bed it was mostly foggy.

When I got up it was sunny.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy. It was the same during my walk. It was also the same after my walk.

The night was calm.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy. During my walk it was partly cloudy and rainning off/on. It was the same after my walk.

The night was calm.

N
N

The night was calm.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Nancy, I just read a brief blurb in this week's Entertainment Weekly saying that Shumi has come out of his coma and has left the hospital to return home. Good news! smile

N
N
Val,

Yes he is out of the coma and he is now in a place where he is recovering (it was supposed to be private but his doctor confirmed he was in the hospital most people thought he was...that hospital is near his home).

Hopefully when it came out it had been a long time since he has been out of the coma and recovering, he could even be fully recovered now!

When he will be ready he or someone he wants (his manager has been the 1 giving us real news when it was time for us to learn) will tell us how he is.

I normally have zero or almost no patience but with him I have all the patience in the world just like I have been 100% positive for him eventhough I am always a negative person.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Nancy, I think the chances are good he might be fully recovered since (1) he's relatively young at 45 years old, and (2) he's an athlete and was probably in top shape when the accident happened. So that's very good news! I read the blurb last night and immediately thought of you, and knew you'd be happy about it. smile

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy. During my walk it was the same. It was also the same after my walk.

The night was calm.

It was mostly sunny when I got up.

N
N
Val,

Thank you smile!

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
You're very welcome, Nancy! I feel like even in a short time I have gotten to know him through you, so I'm happy, too. smile

N
N

The night was calm.

When I got up the sun was not completely out yet.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk the sun was not completely out. During my walk it was almost completely out. After my walk it was partly cloudy, rainning off/on and thundering off/on.

It was rainning at night.

N
N

The night was calm.

When I got up the sun was barely out.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk the sun was not completely out. During my walk it was almost out. After my walk it was partly cloudy.

The night was calm.

N
N
Yesterday it was mostly sunny.

The night was calm.

When I got up the sun was not completely out and there were a tiny bit of fog at the top of some mountains.

N
N
Yesterday it was partly cloudy.

The night was calm.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Going to be 101F / 38C today!

N
N
Yesterday it was mostly sunny.

The night was calm.

When I got up it was sunny.

N
N

The night was calm.

N
N

It was mostly sunny when I got up.

N
N

The night was calm.

N
N
Yesterday it was partly cloudy and rainning off/on.

It was rainning when I went to bed.

N
N
Yesterday it was mostly cloudy.

When I went to bed the sun was starting to come out.

When I got up it was mostly cloudy and rainning.

N
N
It is very windy here today, I think it is the end of the hurricane Arthur. There's one tree that broke near my grandmother and a neighbor lost his chimney (the tip fell off...its a metal chimney that he installed 1-3 years ago).

N
N
Yesterday it was mostly cloudy and rainning on/off.

The night was calm.

N
N
Yesterday it was partly cloudy and rainning off/on.

The night was calm.

When I went to bed the sun was about to start to get out.

N
N
Yesterday it was mostly cloudy and rainning off/on.

The night was calm.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Chicago is heating up. We've had some amazing storms, lots of rain, and temperate weather, but the heat keeps creeping in.

Tonight, there is a slight breeze, with temps in the 70s; heavenly.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
N
Yvonnie,

We had some really hot days here too. The first time this has happened since we moved here. For the first four Summers we had less than five days of hot weather and for all except one or two it would be gone by nightfall but it is different this year. The irony is before this heat wave started we had a cold wave for a few days, one day was so cold it was almost like Winter. We had a break for a few days but it is slowly coming back. The air conditioner upstairs broke last year so not fun for when you go to bed!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Same here Nancy. A few cold days as well. I love it cooler.

That said, I have turned to beach days. Roughing out the heat at the beach is fabulous. If only I could figure out how to write while I am there.

All is well here. Sunny and in the 60s this morning. I love mornings like this.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
N

When I went to bed the sun was starting to rise.

N
N
Yvonnie,

I like it cooler too.

You should see the faces of the people when I tell them I don't like Summer. I really have no energy when it's hot. When I was young I would spend Summers outside anyway so it was not too bad since I would force myself to go out and move even when it was hot and sunny but when my bike broke I slowly started going less and less outside until I was to the point where moving was too much during these temperatures.

I never been to a beach. I love water so that would be a nice place for me. Here there are many bodies of water but the closest to me are polluted, if I would start to drive again I could drive to the waterfalls and other bodies of water that are not polluted.

N
N

The night was calm.

When I went to bed the sun was starting to rise.

N
N

The night was calm.

When I went to bed the sun was rising.

N
N

The night was calm.

N
N

The night was calm.

N
N
Yesterday it was mostly cloudy and rainning off/on.

It was rainning on/off during the night.

When I got up the sun was almost completely risen.

N
N

The night was calm.

It was the same when I got to bed.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Raining out here in the desert! Unbelievable! This almost never happens! (Our outdoor cat is appalled.)

N
N
Val,

That must be so nice to have rain when you are not used to having any! At least the vegetation must be happy! Did you have some water bodies with less water lately? I think I saw somewhere that last week there was a lake in the United States with almost all the water gone.

So your cat is staying inside today? smile!

N
N

When I got to bed it was rainning.

Page 1 of 299 1 2 3 298 299

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.