Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Burt B. Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Well, I have to sound off here because of all the movies that portray the smart kid with electronics that is socially inept and 'never gets the girl'.

I'm sick to my stomach over it.

Every 007 and 'National Treasurers' movie had implied social ineptness to the wiz kid.

And only a handful have been able to break it by becoming billionaires !

All others, that were 'techy' early on were marginalized.

I keep myself hidden from the world 'cause I have immature social skills.

The stigma was stamped in high school and I cannot shake it.

Thanks for hearing my 'sound off'.

-- Burt B.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
There are reasons for everything. Spiritual reasons. Spiritual causes that will invite physical experiences for spiritual results. Mainly for growth.

There is nothing "wrong" with social ineptitude (or weak social skills). Sometimes, they serve a great purpose. Social distractions can keep one from going within. Going within is of vital importance when one must tap his own intuition or higher powers that will spark creativity, innovation and invention.

Most artists, scientists and other great thinkers lack the desire to integrate with full society because they are not on the same vibrational wavelength so it feels uncomfortable or even awkward.

Some people *wish* they could integrate but if they did, their life's work would not get done so they are imbued with personality traits (or lack of) that will keep them in their own worlds.

Individuals generally are great. Society in general is a fickle friend. Even celebrities know how cruel it can be to rise and fall in the eyes of society.

The whiz kid/genius is gifted in many ways. Being socially inept can be a gift, too. He does not simper after social approval. He has his own joyful life to create and the only one who need approve of it is himself.

Solitude is necessary for him as a thinker.

You, too, are a thinker. I read what you say here and there is great wisdom and genius in your thoughts. By sharing them here, you help so many others even those lurkers who never post but read in their own private little worlds.

Leave society to those social souls who wished to experience different things than you and I. Bless their hearts, they don't have a clue that all of their technological, medical, philosophical advances have come from those they ostracize. A little more gratitude would be nice but when that is not forthcoming, all that is left to do is keep going.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Burt B. Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Wow Lori !

That is the most plausible, decent and kind thing that anyone has ever said to me smile

Yes, I'm a loner and a thinker, but I did not create any great advances to the greater humankind.

I like to sit and think, and do what is only minimally necessary to keep the body and the bills on track.

Thank You,

Burt B.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
It is the truth, Burt.

And never underestimate the power of one small act of goodness. It ripples across time, space and eternity.

I once thought the same as you about not really contributing to the greater good of humanity but was told that it isn't so.

"By small things, great things are brought to pass." A small hinge can swing open wide the gates of heaven.

Mother Teresa once said, "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

I am told that we all will be surprised to see what is truly great in the eyes of God versus the eyes of human society.

You inspire people with your wisdom and endurance. You inspire them to know that they, too, can carry on with their own life challenges. Endure to the end. It is a great accomplishment in itself.

Lives that propel the greater humankind, that advance the human race, are admirable indeed. But, there are many souls who would sign up for those roles. Few souls have the courage and humility to accept difficult seemingly invisible earth life situations.

You have. There is a purpose for all the roles we play on earth. In the drama industry, there is a saying, "There are no small roles." We all are in this together and without any one of us, the whole would not be the same.

Thank you for accepting a very difficult life assignment, Burt. Someday, you will see the honor in it. Bless you for it and carry on, my good friend.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Burt B. Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
That's Pretty smile

Thank You smile

-- Burt B.

Koala
Koala
Dear Burt,

Younger,I was always the first,second or third of the class.At home if we came in fourth we would be grounded for a full month.
My human skills are very good with woman.But have no girlfriend.
Divorced 41 years ago ,since then had girlfriends for maybe 8 to 9 years.Most women I know like me because of my sweetness with them.With men most of the time it's a battle of roosters.

I am pretty excentric ,in my way of dressing ,tattoos ,hairdo
all that at 67 years old.Does not fit well with the straight 67's
Always get the LOOK.
You talk about the nerd that never gets the girl,got many many girls,still alone.
norm/loong

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Burt......you know I love you just the way you are smile You have been of great comfort and help to me many, many times when I needed a friend, so never underestimate your power to love and to heal others.

Lori....thank you for your insightful and enlightening posts.

Loong......I too am alone. I think at one time or another all of us will experience this. One way of looking at it is that if something is meant to be then it will happen all in good time. In the meantime we have another purpose for being here and hopefully we can rely on a few good friends and family to share experiences with.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Burt B. Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Alone is not necessarily lonely, we have all experienced I'm quite sure being lonely in a crowd and even lonely with a partner.

Little by little, step by step, millimeter by millimeter -- second by second.

No Kudos to myself, but the highest evolved of any generation and / or epoch have spent a great deal of time alone.

Just remember I've only have been drunk 2 times in my life:

When I was by myself, and when I was with my friends.

The Sons of Solitude, were the highest order of guidance during the time of Atlantis.

The more time you can spend alone without going batty, the more you are able to master yourself.

I could be mistaken, but I think Plato said, "If you can spend a great deal of time alone and not lonely -- you are either a god or mad or both".

Later,

Burt B.

Burt B. Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Out of 6+ Billion people, I have about 5 friends...

Go Figure.

Koala
Koala
To Burt,

lucky you.Then again ,one has to define what a friend represents to him!

loong

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.