Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#832153 08/02/13 01:35 PM
C
ccs58 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi Everyone, When my office was in my home, I had a Feng Shui consultant who had me place everything based on the Bagua Map. I've just moved to an office building and we have space of about 250 sq ft, with foyer. I'm stressing myself out over the placement of desks (3 of us). I think my desk should be in the Prosperity corner (where it was before). However, others say I should be in the Relationship corner. Both have direct visual to the entrance, with the R corner being the farthest from the door. The R corner also provides the visual of a more commanding position and has windows to one side. I guess I'm just worried about prosperity if I have my "helpers" using that area (they are part-time and not permanent). Are they going to suck out the prosperity? But perhaps I'll hire someone permanent later? I also just read that I shouldn't have a direct line to the entrance - exactly what does that mean? From the R section, I can see beyond the foyer all the way to the hall. From the P section I can't. Help!!! Carol

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I can sense your panic but there is no need to stress. Stress attracts sha so let's not go there. smile

It can be difficult to adhere to feng shui principles in a structure that was designed without consideration of such. It's like shoving a square peg into a round hole.

So, regardless of what a bagua map might suggest, please don't force anything into a specific place if the result is an unnatural placement of furniture that impedes the flow of chi.

This is what feng shui is all about: good chi.

There are some office basics however.

1. The person who holds the top position should be furthest from the door. This means that by-passers and clients will not interrupt or bother him. They will be met by underlings first who can screen those whom will be seen by the CEO. Your time and attention are valuable and you do not want to waste your energy on just anyone (salespeople, delivery people, etc.).

2. If this is the Relationship corner, that is not a bad thing. The CEO really is a relationship person. Success really is all about good relationships both inside and outside the office. Harmonious and mutually beneficial relationships mean money to the company.

3. Having an underling in the Prosperity corner is a good thing, too, because he/she will bring in prosperity to the company. Remember this is an office (of the business) and not his/her personal living space. Just be sure this employee has a well-functioning desk area. No clutter. Stream-lined for efficiency and few personal effects upon the walls.

4. Part-time employees. Hmmm. They will come and go and could potentially take with them any prosperity. Be sure to treat them well and invite them to return. Place a wall sign or logo of the company in their desk area to "anchor" the business to that area and thus, any money can comes into the company will stay there.

5. Keep the furniture arrangement very pleasing to the eye and with easy access as one walks through the room. No tight corners, doors banging into each other, blocked entries or exits. No risk of banging one's knees into desks, etc. If YOU can move with ease, the chi will flow with ease.

Keep the atmosphere bright, clean, airy and sweet-smelling. Remember to use coin-shaped leafed green plants! A small water feature would be great, too, but nothing that would take arduous time and labor such as an aquarium.

Good luck and great success to you! smile

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
C
ccs58 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Great guidance. I'm stressing less and focusing on good chi. Thank you!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.