#830837 07/23/13 03:04 PM
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
This topic deserves its own thread so I am moving it from the Pets and Spirituality thread so we can discuss it further here.

A fellow member, loongdragon, said that there is no God according to the beliefs of Buddhism. The Creator is actually the Mind. So I asked then, who or what created the complex entity that is the Mind?

These posts followed. I welcome everyone to join in the discussion with your view!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
What I had tried to do did not work, but I found his post. Here it is:

Dear debbie,
The first sign of life appeared in the Universe after the Big Bang.The first cell was then created and from that cell and evolution everything impermanent came to be.
This experience was re created in a lab and was successfull.
Now suppose I am wrong,where did God the creator come from.Oblivion?Emptiness?
In Buddhism we believe that everything has a beginning and an end.One day all that exixt will disappear.

Respectfully yours

loong

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Shark
Shark
Hi Debbie,

Great topic and I hope you get an infinity of responses representing all belief systems.

From an atheistic-agnostic perspective, Creation Theory is the original sin, er, I mean original oxymoron (OO).

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Loong.....if the universe created the Big Bang, which is not really a "bang" at all, and the Big Bang is what created life and the Mind, then what created the universe? As far as we know, matter and energy is neither created nor destroyed, and that is what makes up the universe.

In Buddhism if everything has a beginning, then where did the universe come from? So far scientists do not know the answer to this question.

I believe creation is by an intelligent and complex Creator, much like an intelligent human being can create a complex wristwatch mechanism. Just like energy which has no beginning nor end, God/Goddess has neither a beginning nor end. He/She is a spirit being creating others in His/Her likeness. Spirit beings are in existence before they come to earth, and they go on in existence after the physical life is done. Spirit life is eternal. There is much evidence of this.

Last edited by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor; 07/23/13 03:52 PM.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Koala
Koala
Dear Debbie,
First ,in Buddhism all religions phylosophy are respected ,as ours we hope will be.

Energy can be created so many ways.Water is turned or modified in electrical energy,that is just one exemple.

Second you ask, If the Big bang did create the first cell,each cell reproduces at an infinite rate,this is called Evolution.
After millions of years of evolution ,man appeared when he stood up.man being the only 4 legged animal that lives on his hind legs.
If you follow the theoty of evolution ,3 creatures developped a Mind .Man is the third most intelligent animal on the planet and also the most destructive.
Ants are first,dolphins are second and man is third.

Third may I ask what you call Spirit?

Fourth ,The Universe is just part of the evolution,nothing else.
Except for the fact that everything in the Universe is interconnected and interdependant.

I hope this has answered most of of your questions.

Respectfully yours.
loong

Koala
Koala
Dear Debbie,

When The owner of the site re accepted me, I read the rules.
I was told that this site is not one of discussion.
In my last post ,I could have gone much further.However ,being one to respect rules,that is why I refrained myself.

Respectfully yours
loong
n.b.
If you want to write me a private e-mail,I beleive this is accepted in the rules.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Loong -

I'm not sure I ever said that the BellaOnline forum cannot have discussion in it smile. Any conversation between two people is a discussion.

What we do require is respectful discussion that is on topic.

If the Spirituality editor specifically begins a thread on what created the Mind, then the purpose of that thread is to discuss that topic. It falls quite nicely within the topic of Spirituality.

So as long as the discussion posts are respectful of all opinions, there is no issue with the posts.

In the past you have gotten hostile with people who did not want to answer specific questions you had posted. I therefore remind you, again, that people can choose to post or not post completely as their own decision. If they choose not to answer something, you need to respect that choice.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Loong and all.....the purpose of forums is to have discussions. Some other sites may get aggressive with their posts, but we choose to be respectful of others here, like Lisa said. I think we are all capable of discussing any topic like calm, rational adults, and what results from these discussions can be helpful and informative for us all. I heartily welcome discussions on my forum and I hope you will continue to participate.

It goes without saying that I do respect Buddhism, just as I respect other philosophies and religions. Even if I find that I do not agree with a particular ideal within a belief system, I still respect everyone's right to choose and believe what they wish and what has meaning for them. If someone is happy and at peace, and treats others with love and compassion, then they have chosen correctly for themself.

According to the law of physics, energy cannot be created or destroyed. It can only change form. You can check Wikipedia and many other sources for more information on this.

The first sign of life may have come from a single cell according to the theory of evolution, but in order to find the true creator of this life you have to go back further before the Big Bang, and what you are left with is just energy. The universe is made up of energy that shifted to cause the Big Bang.

Where did this energy originate from? The universe is indeed a part of the theory of evolution, but if you say everything has a beginning, then I would like to know where you think the universe came from. What is your view? Nothing comes from nothing, so it came from somewhere. If we are talking science here, then it is important to know that scientists don't have an answer to this question.

Spirit is considered the internal "energy" within us all, the driving force behind our thoughts and actions. It is our inner core, our very pure existence, not to be confused at all with the ego, which is a completely separate part of us. Because energy is neither created nor destroyed, neither is the spirit. It always just "is".

That can be a very difficult concept for a lot of people to wrap their human mind around, but it is proven that the brain is much smarter and more capable than we ever use in this life. We have many capabilities that most of us never even touch upon because we don't know how to access it. With that said, there may be a lot more going on around us than our human brains can process, but that does not mean that it is not happening. Not everything can be explained by science, nor disputed by it.

Last edited by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor; 07/24/13 04:08 AM.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Koala
Koala
Dear Lisa,
Thank you ,for your input.Since my return,only once ,have you commented my conduct.
Every word that I write ,I weigh ,what will your reaction be.
To me Bellaonline ,is very important,and being expelled ,would be a great disappointment.
I have 2 important things in my life.Buddhism and Bellaonline where I can express my findings.
There is a section on Atheism and agnostism which are both spiritual because they come from the Mind,not mind.
Some comments ,I will not make,for me they are the truth ,but for others they are impossible.

There is so much I would like to say ,to you, but you are very busy.

Respectfully yours
loong
Bravo on your awards for your 2 books.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I don't know if this would be of interest, but it is true and it happened to me. If it hadn't I have to admit even being raised Catholic, at this point I'd question very much whether or not there was a God and if so if that God was even remotely understood.

Anyway, I crossed over, just for a bit and if I had to put it into words, there really aren't any that would do it justice. There WAS a Higher presence/being/consciousness/ I don't think I could ever have the exact right word.

I was around 12 yrs old. and had some blood disease.

I was weightless, I remember that and there were colors, but there wasn't an up, down, left or right. It closely resembled what a cloudy but blue bright white sky would look like.

It was 100% love. 100% knowing. 100% understanding and 100% non-judgmental.

I was sent back. I begged (mentally) nothing was spoken in words, to stay. I wasn't allowed to go any further than I had gotten.

When I came back there was a crack/slap sound and it felt like I fell from the ceiling onto the bed.

I balled for months. No joke. All religions were incorrect or rather misunderstood what it was that made it all. I'll never forget it, not ever confused

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.