logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#829546 07/14/13 07:04 AM
OP Offline
Feel free to sign up for our Married No Kids Newsletter where you will receive weekly articles on living a childfree lifestyle. Also, if you have any future article ideas, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Patricia Pedraza-Nafziger
Married No Kids Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi,

I've decided not to have children because I've been diagnosed with bi-polar manic at age 16.

I just didn't want to pass those genes down.

I got a chuckle with the "another one bites the dust".

I've read that males have a more tendency to be depressed later on in life about not having children out of the UK.

Shoot, I was depressed already !! smile !!!

Anyway, I have step-children and step-grandchildren through Connie and basically it's just us.

I subscribed to your newsletter, so I can get through my rough days about 'what-ifs'.

I'm 51 and have a solid regimen of meds.

Been through psychosis about 5 times in my life.

Never would wish that on my worst enemy !

But, stuff happens.

I can just imagine how difficult that is to lose female friends.

Oh, I was wondering if you could write an article on economics as it relates to people taking the plunge.

I'm glad you started this newsletter, because feeling like an outcast is terrible, and you gals really have that heavy-duty it's your obligation to have children.

You have to be somewhat of a renegade to take your stand.

Social 'norms' are really sick, so what right do they have to put you in a box and scorn you if you don't fit the paradigm ?

Well, having a good day, and just wanted to touch base.

I hope your articles go far and wide, 'cause I know a lot of gals who are hurting specifically because of this stigma !

I come from a Catholic background and if you've ever seen those families with 12 kids -- the older sisters are so bitter and worn out from raising their younger siblings and then on top of that they get the 'old maid' attitude !

Like I said, I hope your articles can help these gals.

Take Care,

Burt B.

OP Offline
Thank you for your encouraging words Bert.

I understand your lack of desire not to pass down the gene, there were a few essays pertaining to that subject in our book Being Fruitful without Multiplying. Fact is, people make the decision not to procreate for a variety of reasons and I hope to write an article about every single one of them, based on my experience and the feedback received from others via Bella.

I would be happy to research and write about Economics as it relates to people "taking the plunge" :-).

Thanks for taking the time to write.

Married No Kids Editor
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Thanks for getting back with me Patricia smile

You're just warming up here -- I hope to see a bunch of people commenting on this thread.

Goodness, I've seen a chart somewhere of how directly birth rates and economics are so closely tied.

-- Burt B.

OP Offline
Thanks Burt. I'm making a list of future articles, so if anything comes to mind, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Patricia

Married No Kids Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.