logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
roisin Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi, can someone clarify for me please? I am looking at feng shui from a variety of sources. Often the front door or main entrance is mentioned. Also a BaGua grid map, which one can effectively lay down over the plan of any building, helps indicate the various zones within a house. My query is that I live in a very old cottage where the front door is permanently blocked and no longer opens or serves as an entrance of any kind. When walking past the house, it still looks like the front door but everyone uses the back door as entrance to the house as it is the only point of entry. Can I consider the back door as where chi enters the house and look upon it as my 'front door' for the purpose of seeing the zones of career, health, fame etc...?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Oh, this is a most unfortunate situation as the front door is of utmost importance in bringing in "chi" and all good energy. There are some changes you can make to your house that will offset some of the negative influences:

1. Disguise the front door so it does not look at a front door. Paint it the same color as the rest of the exterior house walls or obscure it with some high potted plants. Take into consideration the style of the house, but if it works, I would consider decorative bamboo in pots. If people can be confused by the "front door" appearing as the front door then the chi will be, too. This will cause a lot of blockages of positive energy into your home if the front door does not open! So, symbolically, do not make it a front door at all.

2. Be sure your windows are clean and well-functioning. Keep them bright and airy. This will call the chi into the house via windows.

3. To help the chi (and guests) know how to enter the house, line the pathway to the entrance you use with pretty, bright flowers (preferably red or gold).

4. Hang a small wind chime to call the chi to the front entrance that you do use.

5. If possible, have that unused front door replaced with a permanent wall so it does not look like a door from either the outside or the inside.

6. On the inside of that unused front door, hang a picture on it as though it were a wall.

7. If you can, place a water feature near the entrance of the house.

8. Make the back door as inviting and pretty as you would if it were the front door. Hang a wreath or welcome sign on it.

9. Be sure that door functions properly. No rusty or squeaky hinges. No broken screens if there is a screen door covering it. Keep any small porch or deck area clean and swept.

Once you do all of these things, then and only then should you consider the back door your front door in regards to the Bagua map placement.

Good luck.

Last edited by Lori-Dreams; 07/14/13 09:48 AM.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
R
roisin Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks so much for that great and detailed response. It is very unfortunate but one I am eager to embrace and change. Thanks again so very much.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Oh, you're most welcome! Also, welcome to the Bellaonline forums! smile

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.