Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I have been reading soooo much about short bouts of exercise during the day and how they can add up to a full workout. I have been making some modifications to my exercise because of my shoulder surgery and so now I am going to try something new.

I call this the Short Bouts of Exercise Journal. I made a list of exercises that I could do throughout the day, i.e. march while I'm on the phone and get more steps; 20 leg lifts while I'm waiting for teapot to boil; one minute of sit-ups.

The list can go on and on. I plan on tracking these short bouts in a notebook and record them at the end of the day.

This doesn't mean I quit doing my regular exercise and therapy. It's just a nice little experiment. So why don't you try it too and just pop in and list what you do? It will be fun to exchange ideas!

Last edited by Terri-Exercise Editor; 07/08/13 07:22 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Okay, it's late and I really haven't started the program yet. However right now I am sitting at my desk typing and I have done, neck releases, shoulder shrugs, and shoulder squeezes. I did about 5 of each. I will do a better job of keeping count of minutes or repetitions.

They all felt good, especially after sitting at my desk for awhile. So do you get the idea?

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. So here is what I did today:

1-while waiting on the microwave for 4 minutes:
25 leg lifts-side abduction-each leg
25-knee lifts-each leg
T-Pose- held for 10 full breaths for each side

2-while waiting in the doctor's office
Paced around the room and per my Fitbit Zip I burned 50
calories!

3-just for the heck of it (took about 5 min)
did 4 PT exercises for right shoulder

This was all pretty easy. I don't think every day will be but as long as I'm conscious of it I will keep going. I have notes everywhere in my house that say "Short Bouts of Exercise".

Don't forget to follow the Online Exercise Journal also. Right here in the Forum.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. I'm so glad to see you are starting to read this new thread. I hope it gives you ideas and gets you moving.

Here's what I did today:
1-marched while I was on the phone 117 steps
2-10 Pilates, Single Leg Lifts - waiting on the service man
3-10 In's & Out's - still waiting on the service man (he eventually showed up).

Don't forget to go the Online Fitness Journal also in this Forum. Feel free to read and write.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. I had pretty good success today and this really isn't too hard. I just hope I will see some results. Though I know they won't be quick. Here's what I did today:

1-10 diagonal arm stretches (PT) while waiting for hair to dry off after riding my bike
2-Standing Side Bends; Tree Pose; Standing Forward Bend- 5 min. waiting on microwave
3-10 demi plies`; 10 Rond de Jambes; 10 En Battements; 10 Eleves and Releves. All done while fixing dinner and waiting for meatballs to simmer in curry. Yummy!

The ballet exercises are easy to do and I will be releasing an article soon explaining how to do them.

Don' forget to check out the Fitness Exercise Journal:
[URL=http://forums.bellaonline.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/802101/Forum_Exercise_Journal_ONGOING #Post802101[/URL]

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. Today I was not as active as yesterday. I knew I jinxed myself when I said this was pretty easy. It really isn't hard but you may not always find yourself in places or situations where you can do a short bout of exercise.

Today at PT and I had to wait for my therapist. I was lying on the therapy table on my back. I did all the yoga and relaxing back exercises I could think of to do without falling off the table. I did this for about 10-15 minutes.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. I did better today.

While waiting on the microwave 4 minutes:
-20 front to back leg lifts
-10 standing leg circle each direction, both legs
-20 calf raises
-standing hamstring stretch

In the shower:
-standing pelvic tilts against the wall
-neck releases
-shoulder shrugs
-scap squeezes

Don't forget to check out the Forum Exercise Journal - ONGOING to see what kind of workouts we are doing.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Does anyone have something interesting to share about short bouts of exercise you may have done over the weekend. Don't be afraid to jump in because we all need to share ideas.

Well personally, I did not track anything since I don't officially workout over the weekend. So on this thread and the Forum Exercise Journal-Ongoing, you probably won't read about my exercise unless it is something special.

But you should always check in because who knows what I might have to tell you!

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. Today I practiced seated yoga poses while I waited on my physical therapist. This was between 10-15 mins.

Not many steps on the Fitbit Zip. I need to increase those. Let's set a preliminary goal of 3000 per day. This may not be a good time to set a goal since I will be traveling for the next two weeks, but we'll see how it goes.

A Review of the Fitbit Zip

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. Today I did pretty good. I did 10 min of Tai Chi while I was waiting to leave for an appointment.

I did another 10 min Tai Chi while waiting on the microwave.

Watching TV during lunch break, did chair and standing yoga.

Marching in the house gained additional 334 steps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.