Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
dimo, lia hunter, AnaRuggeri, DolphinNose, chrisandiano
58316 Registered Users
Forum Stats
58,316 Registered Members
417 Forums
119,022 Topics
844,845 Posts

Most users ever online: 615 @ 04/22/15 10:11 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Nancy Roussy 246
Mona - Astronomy 130
Celestine - Baptist Editor 50
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading 41
Angie 32
Angela - Drama Movies 24
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 22
Angel S. Class 16
Susan Helene Kramer 15
Korie - California/Yoga/Knitting Editor 13
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#828784 - 07/08/13 01:01 AM Childfree versus Childless
Patricia PN - DL Editor Offline

Jellyfish

When you are asked the question, “Do you have kids?” what is your response?

Childfree versus Childless

Patricia Pedraza-Nafziger
Married No Kids Editor

Edited by Patricia - DL (07/08/13 01:12 AM)

Living Without Children - Automated Note
For New Visitors: This forum exists as a support community for people who are living a child-free existence. This area is here to help nurture, inspire and educate those who, for whatever reason, are living their lives without children in the home.

Posts made here must be supportive of this lifestyle choice. Comments should not question a person's decision to or reasons for being child free. Those negative comments are called "bingoing" or "trolling" and are not allowed. Please be sure you are aware of this forum's intentions and rules before posting!

#828892 - 07/08/13 03:24 PM Re: Childfree versus Childless [Re: Patricia PN - DL Editor]
eeza Offline

I reply, "No, I don't want to be around kids 24 hours a day." Since I am in education, people seem to understand that although they do seem to still have that look about them suggesting that I'm a little "off". I have learned to smile and move on to another topic. I'm the one who would have to bear and raise the child, not them so who are they to give me that look. I refuse to bend to ociety's expectations. I really don't think there is anything wrong with me. I need quiet time to rejuvenate and I don't see that happening if I am around kids all of the time. On top of that, I enjoy doing things like spending time with my husband, reading, going to the gym, etc., all of which would be cut into if I had a family. My maternal needs are met with my pets. I'm happy.

#828927 - 07/09/13 01:19 AM Re: Childfree versus Childless [Re: Patricia PN - DL Editor]
Patricia - No Kids Offline

Yes, thinking that there is something wrong with you because you chose a different path than the norm is pretty common. But ultimately it's your happiness that makes you realize the decision you made was the right one for you. Like you, my maternal needs are met by my Furkids :-) they are more than enough for me.

#829314 - 07/12/13 02:35 AM Re: Childfree versus Childless [Re: Patricia - No Kids]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

When I am asked, I say that I have chosen not to have children. I used to get funny looks from some people. With being older now people's attitudes don't bother me anymore. There is no way I would start the process of child rearing at 46 years old, nor do I have the desire.

I have always had pets of all kinds, but I am even getting tired of that responsibility. I only have dogs and horses now, but I know that when my dogs are gone from this earth I won't get another one. I want to be more independent to where I can come and go, and not worry about pets needing me at home.

#829507 - 07/13/13 10:39 AM Re: Childfree versus Childless [Re: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor]

I have two dogs and they are wonderful to have around. But like you, I will probably take a break after they are gone so we can have the freedom to travel more extensively for longer periods of time.

Thanks for sharing Debbie.

#836085 - 09/02/13 05:16 PM Re: Childfree versus Childless [Re: Patricia PN - DL Editor]
RoRoFletch Offline

I keep going back and forth with this topic ... internal battle really. I'm 31 years old and, almost six or seven years ago, I didn't want children. So, at that point, I was child-freee and loving it. I was enjoying my husband. Now fast forward to the present ... countless hours of baby-sitting, even having a friend with kids staying with you and your husband, constantly having to set more rules than normal in my household (do this, don't do that, don't touch this or that). Not used to that and I don't want to become used to it. I feel like this current experience has been my birth control. That and the fact that hubby and I have been trying (off and on) with no success (I know ... another topic). Anyway ... Because of my recent experiences my answer to, "Do you have/want kids?" No, I don't have them. I may want them, but not like yours.

#836149 - 09/03/13 05:01 AM Re: Childfree versus Childless [Re: RoRoFletch]

I wish all young girls were required to babysit fulltime for an entire summer. It would be a great way for schools to provide extra credit, kind of like summer school. I can’t think of a better job for young girls to learn about responsibility.

Thanks for sharing.

#886247 - 02/03/15 06:03 AM Re: Childfree versus Childless [Re: Patricia PN - DL Editor]
jcorvette Offline
Amoeba

i prefer childfree.free to have great vacations. free to go where kids dont want to go. free to spend our money the way we want. free to do things parents cant do.

#918081 - 02/09/17 04:09 AM Re: Childfree versus Childless [Re: Patricia PN - DL Editor]
jcorvette Offline
Amoeba

childless can mean that you dont have something you wish you had..childfree can mean you are free from the the hassle of having kids.

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Learning About the World Builds Reading Skills
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Reading
2 seconds ago
How is your health these days?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
2 minutes 6 seconds ago
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 05:25 PM
Appeal factors for books? What works for you?
by Nancy Roussy
Library Sciences
Today at 04:53 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Paper Crafts
Today at 12:10 PM
Broth Bowls for Family ADD Nutrition
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 11:05 AM
Tarantula Nebula (30 Doradus) *new article*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 10:50 AM
2017: Astronomy and Space on this day
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 09:37 AM
It came from beyond the Solar System
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 09:27 AM
What is your opinion on weight loss products?
by jodirose
Weight Loss
Today at 08:40 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 92 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.