Print Thread
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I just read that the medical field with the highest divorce rate is...psychologists/marriage counselors.

Why is that? Perhaps, they've learned a lot about what works and doesn't work and then go into this field of study to help others? What do you think?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I think it might be about teaching what they need to learn laugh I must admit to 'Winding up' some of these these types of counselors when they get overbearing at gatherings/meetings, or offer unsoliceted advice, with comments such as "You're a marriage counselor? Wow! Your relationship must be REALLY solid,! Built up on trust, respect, caring for each other, love...Oh, divorced? So not leading by example then? Mmm-perhaps not with language like that.. 3:)

Last edited by Ninjahedgewych; 07/04/13 11:06 AM.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Yes, I do believe you're correct, Ian, about teaching what they need to learn. In some of my psych classes, I was surprised to see how many future psychologists or counselors really had issues to resolve.

One of the first classes in this field is about dealing with one's own mental or emotional problems. I suppose everyone has them but it was enlightening to see the type of people that are drawn towards this healing art. They so desperately need it themselves.

A few of the counselors I went to throughout the years, in my opinion, brought their own very subjective views to the sessions. Not good. But we're all human so I suppose that is natural.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Oh, and as for building a solid marriage on trust, caring, respect, etc. etc...that is ideal but all too many marriages lack those basic foundational qualities. Some from the start; others towards the end.

From my limited experience, I see that we can shoot for the ideal--even demand it--but if people have personal issues within themselves that aren't resolved then they tend to spill over into the marital relationship.

Happiness in an inside job. Then, one's cup of happiness runneth over.

Anyway, each unhappy marriage is unhappy in its own way but typically the commonality is that one (or both) partners has some difficult characteristics in his personality.

I always encourage individual counseling with marriage counseling!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.