logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#827901 06/30/13 10:53 AM
OP Offline
Greetings Everybody:

As the new Married No Kids Editor for BellaOnline, I am very excited to share my thoughts and experiences on various topics surrounding living a lifestyle without procreation. As we all know, at times it can be a tough road to hoe living in a world where having kids is considered the norm. But I’m happy to say, the playing field is leveling off, and more and more childfree and childless communities are branching out, including this forum at BellaOnline – Married No Kids.

Feel free to speak your mind on various topics addressed each week. This week we discuss having the “No Baby Talk.”

Look forward to reading your feedback.

Married No Kids - Having the " No Baby Talk "

Last edited by Patricia - No Kids; 06/30/13 11:05 AM.

Patricia Pedraza-Nafziger
Married No Kids Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
E
I read the article and I really think everyone should read it or at least be aware of what the author is trying to say. This would apply to people who want kids and to people who don't. My husband and I are luckily on the same page and discussed this before marriage. In hindsight, we probably should have talked about it more, but we're good. The matter of kids is definitely a deal breaker and this should be absolutely discussed before marriage.

OP Offline
Thank you Eeza. It really surprises me how many people do not discuss this topic prior to marriage, definitely not a subject to be taken lightly.
Good to hear from you.

Married No Kids Editor
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Welcome Patricia!

Great article, thank you. Before I got married I thought I wanted kids but then changed my mind shortly after the wedding day. The marriage lasted many years but then eventually failed, with the kid issue being the most prominent problem. Even if you enter a marriage on the same page, circumstances can change. But it is good to have the discussion of having children long before the marriage vows. Sadly, marrying the one you love is often not enough to sustain a relationship.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
OP Offline
Hi Debbie:

Glad to be a part of this group! You are absolutely right, circumstances do change. Relationships are a work in progress, with or without kids. Wish there was a perfect recipe to sustain a long and happy marriage, but life isn’t that simple is it. Thanks for your feedback.

I look forward to writing more articles for Married No Kids.

Married No Kids Editor
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Wow..very good article. It seems like a lot of newly marrieds never have important discussions until it is too late...not just about babies, but also finances, where they will live, etc. I lucked out that hubby and I had all of these conversations before we got engaged...but the no babies was a bit uncomfortable.

We had just gone to visit my mom and she had told him the story she tells everyone about how she took away my stuffed animals and gave me a bunch of dolls in a desperate attempt to make me love babies. I had drawn whiskers on them with a permanent marker and announced they were kitties now. As we were driving back to DC, the car was quiet, so hubby (then boyfriend) said "So, you've never wanted kids?" Awkwardly, I mumbled "No, not really." At this point, I was petrified because my hubby is middle eastern and a great emphasis is put on babies in his family. He was quiet, then said "you know, me, either. I always thought I'd want them, or be forced into having them eventually." 6 1/2 years later, we are married and still don't want kids.

OP Offline
You’re right, many newly married couples do not have the important discussions surrounding a strong foundation for marriage, it’s all about love and the ceremony of marriage. My husband and I had our No Baby Talk on our second date, also in a car, driving back from a picnic in the park. Obviously, not having kids was a huge factor for us both. It’s been 27 years and life just keeps moving forward with no regrets. Sometimes couples change their mind, but sometimes they don’t. Thanks for sharing your viewpoint on this.

Married No Kids Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.