logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Koala
Koala
To Edward 1 ,loved your third paragraph,cannot comment on the rest.

loong

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I hope that I get to run away...from my job that tests my ethical stands. We'll see!

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Thank You smile

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
The following anonymous quote is a case of the freethinking tenets of Random Thoughts meeting the ethical concerns of Random Ruminations:"Work rivals religion for the #1 spot in mind control techniques."

Based on your research, experiences and observations, using APA format please compose and submit to RR a ten page, single-spaced essay discussing the above quote.

OK, OK, if you are of an ethical mind to do it, one or two lines in any format will suffice!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Psychotronics

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Run Connie Run !!!

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Thanks Burt--says Connie, running as fast as she can!

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
What minority belief systems are the following renowned Western philosophers are said to have been adherents of?: Arthur Schopenhauer; Herbert Spencer; Simone de Beauvoir: Denis Diderot; Karl Marx; Eric Hoffer; Jeremy Bentham; William Godwin; John Dewey; Friedrich Nietzsche; John Stuart Mill; Jean-Paul Sartre; Ayn Rand; John Rawls; Bertrand Russell and George Santayana.

The above listing is just a small sampling of the historically well-recognized Western philosophers that are acknowledged as leaning towards either atheism or agnosticism.

According to the well-respected PhilPapers 2009 report, 73% of U.S. philosophy faculty surveyed accepted or leaned toward atheism, while only 15% accepted or leaned toward theism (12% were in the "other" category). Moreover, among philosophy graduate students, 64% accepted or leaned toward atheism, while 21% accepted or leaned toward theism (with 15% in the "other" category). Additionally, the numbers were about the same for undergraduates.

A good working definition of philosophy is the rational investigation of the truths and principles of being/existence, knowledge, or conduct/morality.

So, why do you think that similar to the field of science that the quite different "humanities" discipline of philosophy is/has been disproportionately represented by atheists and agnostics?

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I meant to reply earlier to the reference to work and mind control. I worked for major corporations for many years, one of which I spent 10 years of my precious life. The brainwashing in this one place was excessive. We were treated like children, not rational adults. There were role plays every morning and so many rules and regulations to remember every day. There was always a script or play book to go by. Then sell, sell, sell, to the customers. It would turn my stomach. I was under a great deal of stress that went away when I quit, right after a manager thought he was Mr. Big Cheese by insulting me in front of my subordinates, for no good reason. That was when I said to myself "no more". I will do all I can to stay away from employers like this. People can't do their best or even want to do their best when they are treated this way.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Thanks Debbie for your perspective and actions regarding "mind control" in the workplace.

Here is what some of the more famous of the atheistic leaning philosophers had to say about integrity/morality; not surprisingly coming from freethinkers, not all are in agreement with the other:

"What distinguishes the majority of men from the few is their inability to act according to their beliefs."
John Stuart Mill

"There is a powerful craving in most of us to see ourselves as instruments in the hands of others and thus free ourselves from the responsibility for acts which are prompted by our own questionable inclinations and impulses."
Eric Hoffer

“Morality is neither rational nor absolute nor natural. World has known many moral systems, each of which advances claims universality; all moral systems are therefore particular, serving a specific purpose for their propagators or creators, and enforcing a certain regime that disciplines human beings for social life by narrowing our perspectives and limiting our horizons.”
Friedrich Nietzsche

"He who thinks and thinks for himself, will always have a claim to thanks; it is no matter whether it be right or wrong, so as it be explicit. If it is right, it will serve as a guide to direct; if wrong, as a beacon to warn."
Jeremy Bentham

"Compassion is the basis of all morality."
Arthur Schopenhauer

"We forfeit three-fourths of ourselves in order to be like other people."
Arthur Schopenhauer

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.