logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#826306 06/17/13 03:46 PM
OP Offline
I'm really emotional today and just want a mum! My mother is alive and well and is a lovely person, but she's always been emotionally unavailable. I was the oldest of 5 kids and my needs were never noticed or cared about. Even when I was 5 years old she wasn't there for me. Or when I was 14. She was just busy and distracted. Now I'm 32 and my abusive husband is leaving me. I've been strong for him, for me and our children and everybody. But today I just need a mum. :'( I want to feel looked after. I feel like I should reach out to her, give her another chance. But I'm so scared she'll be cold again. She already knows what I'm going through, why wouldn't she just turn up on my doorstep? Do I really have to ask? And how? Feeling like such a helpless little kid today. :S

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
10pm already -

Sorry to hear you are going through a difficult time. I sense the emptiness you must be feeling needing someone to be there for you who isn't. Was there anyone in your life who was there for you to lean on? Did you reach out to your mom?

I hope you are doing better today.

Be strong for yourSelf.

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Hope you're doing ok... just checking back in.

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
OP Offline
Thanks so much Lisa xo I bounced back that afternoon, but it was a horrible morning. I haven't felt the need of a mum so strongly in my life as I did that morning! Partly hormonal I guess, but I'm since trying to make changes to the way I interact emotionally with everyone around me... trying to receive more, if that makes sense. Receive their smiles, their eye contact, their nice words as support for me. Usually I'm in giving mode, and I think I've just run out! I didn't reach out to anyone else, but your lovely comment and a random thoughtful message from an aunt helped. I would like to reach my mum eventually. We've had some little breakthroughs but I think it's going to take more constant effort. I just wish there were more warm, loving older women around. My husband and I would both benefit so much from that kind of company. Even just to have warm and caring people in the community around us. The lack of it is inspiring me to aim to be a more close and loving mum anyway...

L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Glad to hear you made it through that moment, 10pm. From what you wrote above, it sounds like you and your husband do not have a supportive community around you. I hope you are able to stretch your creativity and try to find other ways to get that support since your mother is not able to provide it to you!

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.