Next Thread
Print Thread
#827818 06/29/13 11:33 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
If you clean just one thing each day, your life makes slow and steady progress. Those little steps add up. Studies show that being accountable for your steps helps ensure they get done, so this thread is offered as a helping hand!

Today was a sad day for me. My beloved parakeet, Ivory, passed away on Thursday, and she lived in my office with me. So today was taking down her cage and clearing away all her things. We had moths in here because of the seeds, so it was important to take the step fairly quickly. Still, it was sad, "wiping away proof she'd existed". Now there's a big, empty spot (literally) where she used to live. She was 11 years old and she lived in my home office, so she was a constant companion. I'm in here most all day every day.

So in a larger sense it's good that I'm cleaning the office. I am working so much every day that I rarely get to it, and the office is piles and piles of stuff. But since I am in here all day every day, I think it would help me focus better if I was in a cleaner environment.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
N
I am so sad to hear this Lisa. I am very sorry for your loss.

I have had three birds in my life and have not have any more pets since the last died years ago. The hardest for me was Cocotte a female Gray Cockatiel, she was my first important pet (i had fishes before her...im not saying these fishes were not important for me because they were but i could not cuddle with them), the worst was that she died suddendly and young so I did not have the time to get ready for this and say my goodbyes.

Please know that you did not erase her existence by taking down her cage and and putting away her things. She will always be with you in your thoughts and memory.

{HUGS}

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I'm so sorry for your loss, too, Lisa. We so want to hold onto something physical when we lose someone we love. I had a hard time letting go of some of my son's things. I still have a pair of his shoes, his puffy chair, his Disney cap. I used to sleep with his sweatshirt for a very long time. But he visits me often during dream state and that brings me such comfort as well as the knowledge that he is fine and we will be reunited on the other side soon.

You have some pics and vids of Ivory that will always remind you of her sweet spirit. She will be your chirpy, cheery animal angel until you see her again on the other side.

As for the cleaning question, I cleaned a lot today. I cleaned out a hamster cage and my three little dogs got baths and flea drops. All the bedding got changed and washed. Actually, my family chipped in to clean the house top to bottom. We went from one room to the next, teaming up. It was fast, easy and fun because we did it together. "Many hands make light work."

It took us about three hours (I cleaned out under the bathroom sinks and had to go through old medicines and toiletries, etc.)

We skipped the windows though due to the heat wave.

It feels so nice and fresh! Now we're going to relax and enjoy the evening and the rest of the weekend.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
T
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
T
I am sorry about your Friend Lisa. I can empathize with you!!

I find it completely fascinating how certain life events can compel us to to different things. Baby steps are always effective. You just have to keep taking the baby steps to ultimately achieve anything.

Make it a great one!

Moderated by  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.